Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa3x style examples
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saswick

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Pa3x style examples Reply with quote

Pa3x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O3_VMa5NkA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JM1mOuScg8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7hZBN9oHzM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrSnhPT2NRY

Tyros 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaXF7mpFQPM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U6zyPq03h0&feature=related

Kind Regards

Col
Previously MicroArranger
Previously Pa2x
Previously PA800
Previously Yamaha S900
Previously i30
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i hear it too.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well T 4 Kills The pa 3 X at the moment on the sound front, But just wait, i think, And i realy realy HOPE there will be great sounds maded on Pa3X after a time, I realy love the T 4 in sound mode, and how it can make so god performance from one single unit, So i think pa3 x is not ready yet, it will any way be a great KB in time, when we organise the sounds FX styles etc.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just like they did for the PA2X.........oh wait.....errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
it will any way be a great KB in time

...you mean like the Audya might be one day Wink .....

YES I hear things too - mostly female singers.....
Well Tyros 4 is unique in that regard at least....
.....doo doo doo dooby doo wah day dah shooby doo - very clever but drives me nuts and in SO many styles - it seems like this is their "marketing" slant - just watch the above demos and count the "vocal" styles and demos.

Hmmmmmm... here I go again - T4 just not convincing for me - it is a T3 with the Luton Girls choir thrown in.

PA3X - no comment until I play one - if it turns out like the demos Brick wall .....

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats intersting Karma is that when you compare what you have heard on these korg demos,not the flash heavily doctored demos that are omn the korgpa web site you have to ask yourself where was the upgrade ???

It most certainly is not in the sound department.

With the T4 if you took out the doowop choir stuff (which i also think might get a bit annoying after a while )you still have great ass kicking sounds that certainly to my ears are a real upgrade even above the T3 and especially the T2.

I have and love my PA1X but the PA3X is not showing me anything better than what i already have. that 16 beat style sounds almost identical to the 16 beat style i have on my 1X , even the snare drum is the same.

And another thing.....Dont Korg have any quality arranger demonstrators that know how to change chords in time so it doesnt sound a mess ? Or doesnt play a sax or guitar or clarinet like they paly a piano ??????

Come on !!
keysman

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
Whats intersting Karma is that when you compare what you have heard on these korg demos,not the flash heavily doctored demos that are omn the korgpa web site you have to ask yourself where was the upgrade ???

It most certainly is not in the sound department.

With the T4 if you took out the doowop choir stuff (which i also think might get a bit annoying after a while )you still have great ass kicking sounds that certainly to my ears are a real upgrade even above the T3 and especially the T2.

I have and love my PA1X but the PA3X is not showing me anything better than what i already have. that 16 beat style sounds almost identical to the 16 beat style i have on my 1X , even the snare drum is the same.

And another thing.....Dont Korg have any quality arranger demonstrators that know how to change chords in time so it doesnt sound a mess ? Or doesnt play a sax or guitar or clarinet like they paly a piano ??????

Come on !!

Here Here, totally agree Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
Dont Korg have any quality arranger demonstrators that know how to change chords in time so it doesnt sound a mess ? Or doesnt play a sax or guitar or clarinet like they paly a piano ??????

+100 Very Happy

It's all the the playing in the demos - absolutely!! Hence my point that I will wait until I can play the PA3X.
(Here we go again....)
The T4 doctored demos (and a lot are sequences - NOT styles) are very very nice - no argument there. T3 to T4 - a few nicer sounds I agree plus many with very heavy effects applied but there is little else. Styles are still 2nd grade and OS is not good if you care about performing (in fact same as PSR s910 & Tyros 3) - that is without mentioning the exorbitant price (and costs of extra styles etc...).

Sounds are important to me too. Having owned and played and recorded with both, I admit there are some weak sounds on the Korg - like distorted/overdrive guitar and I would love better drums, but overall the PA is so so superior to the Tyros - whatever i want to do on the PA I have achieved, on the other hand the Tyros has a poorly designed OS and is a pain to perform with. When I say "perform" I not only mean live but even simply playing to record - I don't want to have to multi-track the Tyros due to inadequacies in its OS.

Maybe the Audya would have completely knocked the market off its feet if it had met its expectations in time. I was very very excited about Audya but it sits behind K & Y now but is still expensive.

You may just think that all I do is worship Korg - not true - I just stay with and support what works for me, has value for money, meets its expectations as an arranger keyboard, and has outstanding quality in sounds and styles plus good customer service/support. If Yahama, Casio, Roland or whoever produce an arranger with those qualities, it will be next on my list - so far, they haven't.

If the PA3X is an improvement on my PA2XPro, then I will definitely consider getting it. If Tyros 5 is an improvement on my PA2XPro I will also and equally consider getting it. I'll change vendors overnight if the product is worth it in all those areas.

Back to the "Style examples demos" - forget them and just play them for yourself first.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
stalian87

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with Worth 100%.

There hasn't been 1 demo where someone is able to play the keyboard convincingly. which is very annoying. Actually the demo's make the keyboard sound worse than my stock pa1x pro sounds!!

Also, although the T4 is an amazing sounding piece of kit, it won't touch the pa3x in terms of editing power and thats where the pa3x will shine. I've proved time and time again that my pa1x pro smashes the T4 to bits but that's because of the power and ease of editing on the keyboard.

I Must admit, the pa3x isn't much of an upgrade to the pa1x pro let alone the pa2x as i would have liked, regarding styles and sounds, but i'm sure the editing and OS itself, the additional Ram and other small hardware tweaks will make this keyboard an industry leader.

Time and time again i get told, at weddings and functions I perform at, how much realism comes out of my pa1x and I can't wait to get my hands on the pa3x.
It's how you use the keyboard that'll make a difference.

I think the way Korg have marketed this piece of kit is completely wrong as well, and that's why there is quite a negative vibe about the pa3x

But that's only my opinion Smile

Sal
stalian87

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Pete, you posted just before me but what you just said is like a breath of fresh air man!

"whatever i want to do on the PA I have achieved"

Excellent statement and very very true!!

Sal
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stalian87 wrote:
I think the way Korg have marketed this piece of kit is completely wrong as well, and that's why there is quite a negative vibe about the pa3x

But that's only my opinion

..mine too...

+100 again... Very Happy
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: T4 Reply with quote

the pa3 has one nice girl voice ,but the t4 has all the wah day dah shooby doo that the pa3 does not have and yes they might use it to much in the t4 but it there if you need it and the pa3 will never have it untill the next pa4 come out .and if we wait for korg to upgrade the pax3 ,, well look at there track record . they will fix bugs and small thing ,,, just look at the pa2 or pa800 ,how far did they take it .... The Score Viewer displays.. nice ok there one .. (Defined Nuance Control) ok 2 .. that all after 5 years , oh yes lot of update to fix things they mess up .. Automobile have one or two recall to fix thing ,, korg at first had ,, os1, os1.1 os1.2 os1.5.. 1.60...2...2.1.... and now nothing ..
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
korg at first had ,, os1, os1.1 os1.2 os1.5.. 1.60...2...2.1.... and now nothing ..

These are Operating Systems upgrades and enhancements including new functionality.
Interesting comment..... I could similarly say....
....Microsoft had 3.11,W95,W98,W98SE,ME,XP,Vista,W7 (and you have to buy these!!) ... and now nothing.... Wink

Don't quite understand.. you have so many new features on the PA2X that aren't even in the specs.

Quote:
Automobile have one or two recall to fix thing

So your car has had absolutely no problems? You are very unique and extremely lucky. I am sorry but that is no analogy my friend - My Korg i3, i30, PA1XPro and PA2XPro have had no recall at all....

Name an Operating System that has not required bug fixes and has not had upgrades......

hmmmm maybe AmigaDos....

Confused Confused
Frans N

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Korg gives you these upgrades for FREE. With Yamaha you have to buy a new model every 2 years for a few new voices.

Ohh and you can only compare the T4 with the Korg PA3x if you put them side by side through the same PA system not by comparing very low quality videos with a very bad keyboard player.

I agree with the bad marketing from Korg.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: karmathanever Reply with quote

karmathanever,, you are right ... just that windows 3 and 3.1 and 3.2 and 3.3 and so on .. cost $100 .00 buck or so .. the keyboard cost $3xxx.xx. or so .. for a up grade ... just because the upgrade is free . and still has the same bugs in it .. ok so i sell you a car and you say it is junk .. and i say ok you are right it is junk ... and i say here a nother one .. and it another car but it still junk .. is that right . .. I do thank korg for the free update . but just fix the os that you have now and i would be happy .. not to spend more money on a new keyboard and that get newer bugs for them to fix . ... or more bugs .. or at my work place if i keep putting out bug in my work ,, i would be out of a job ... Iam glad they are not doctors .. just cut him open again , he is paying for it . just keep cutting ..
just my opinion .. but still love korg . love make you stupid... LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: