Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bought anything since pre-ordering the Kronos?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Bought anything since pre-ordering the Kronos? Reply with quote

I just got a nice deal on a mint Karma w/ EXB-MOSS on CL. With summer gigs coming up sooner than later, I'd rather not worry about having a keyboard. Of course, I may be unusual in that I no longer keep a bunch of keyboards hanging around as backups (and I don't like to have to bring the rack out).

Anyone else do anything like that yet? Spend the money on something else? Plan around not having the Kronos too soon?
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Kurzweil PC361 last week (new) from Novamusik. It arrived on Monday. I don't know what I'm going to do with it but the price was right.
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a stylophone and a shot gun microphone. I've been eyeballing the Casio WK-7500 (only $500).

I've got G.A.S. and the only cure at the moment is the Kronos, which I have on order. Let's just hope I can hold out for another few weeks. Shocked

Maybe I can take my studio apart and put it back together, this may keep me happy and avoid buying anything else. at least until after the Kronos arrives. Idea

I have Kurweil PC361, it sounds great, but it aint no korg kronos. I use it mostly as a sound module, playing single sounds. Running the sequencer is reminisent of the M1.

Congrates on the Karma, I still use mine.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought anything since pre-ordering the Kronos? Reply with quote

Zeroesque wrote:
I just got a nice deal on a mint Karma w/ EXB-MOSS on CL. With summer gigs coming up sooner than later, I'd rather not worry about having a keyboard. Of course, I may be unusual in that I no longer keep a bunch of keyboards hanging around as backups (and I don't like to have to bring the rack out).

Anyone else do anything like that yet? Spend the money on something else? Plan around not having the Kronos too soon?

I buy stuff almost every other day; books, toys, groceries, gasoline, lunches, dinners, etc
rkuli

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: I got a Virus TI Snow Reply with quote

Virus TI Snow but I think I will return it and wait (patiently/impatiently) for the Kronos.

RK

ex-ex SK5, PSS 680, DX7
T7

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously considering pre-ordering Oberheim SO4V.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a house . . . Moving end of the month.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Motif XF and returned it.. The interface w/o a touch screen seriously sucked big time, especially after using a Fantom, Oasys and M3. The processor is slow. I just couldnt get the layout of the navigation and buttons..which made it a damn chore to play I tell you. The sounds were really good though.. When I could find them!! I wanted to like it ..but my Korg/Roland brain just wouldnt let me. Motif is Like peddling a bicycle.. after riding on a motorcycle.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
I bought a Motif XF and returned it.. The interface w/o a touch screen seriously sucked big time, especially after using a Fantom, Oasys and M3. The processor is slow. I just couldnt get the layout of the navigation and buttons..which made it a damn chore to play I tell you. The sounds were really good though.. When I could find them!! I wanted to like it ..but my Korg/Roland brain just wouldnt let me. Motif is Like peddling a bicycle.. after riding on a motorcycle.

It's like Korg/Roland = Mac and Yamaha = PC. The Motif interface seems dated, I guess because it actually is!
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
I bought a Kurzweil PC361 last week (new) from Novamusik. It arrived on Monday. I don't know what I'm going to do with it but the price was right.

Well, I returned the Kurzweil. Smile Yeah, the orchestral sounds are great, but it doesn't suit my needs at all.
dokido

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i p a d
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lougheed wrote:
sparkie wrote:

It's like Korg/Roland = Mac and Yamaha = PC. The Motif interface seems dated, I guess because it actually is!

The screen font was readable... but very small? I was impressed with the build quality..buttons, thumbwheel and sliders, however without a touchscreen I agree the keyboard is 5 yrs+ behind. I imagine the next Motif will resemble the Tyros 4 with touchscreen etc..

The XF is way overpriced compared to a Fantom, V SYnth, M3.
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omnisphere

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
I bought a Motif XF and returned it.. The interface w/o a touch screen seriously sucked big time,

Haha...

thats the problem when you get used to using them,I have 5 Devices that have touchscreens,you get that into a comfort zone of using them,that you start touching other synths with similar type screens thinking they have them also Anxious
KapnKrunch

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a Korg M-50 for live performances. My old Alesis Quadrasynth bit the dust.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: