Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

guess I really might be getting one after all

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: guess I really might be getting one after all Reply with quote

So I'd been on the fence for a while - one of my biggest hang-ups had been primarily dealing with the inevitable "you already have too much stuff" from the wife. In order to get away with getting one, I was fully expecting to have to sell a lot of my other keyboard gear to "offset" (married guys understand this crap..).

Anyway, well, a lot has changed in the last couple weeks. My wife fianlly admitted to me that she has been planning on moving in with another dude so I kicked her the hell out of my house. I'd been suspecting it for months, but it's just recently come out. I'm keeping the house (refinancing it to get her off the note - she agreed to that straight away) and we are in the process of working out something amicable with my 3 year old son (my top priority - the only true victim in all this madness).

ANYWAY - so I still don't plan on doing anything until I can actually get my hands on one to play, but if things work out, hopefully I should be refinancing the house right about the time that the divorce itself is on its way to being final - and with any luck, that should be when the Kronos' start popping into stores.

Sorry for the little OT post, but it's been a bear to try to focus on the positive - and new gear always makes me happy. I've already moved my drums into the living room and put my son's right next to them so we can both play when he's over. I'm "dewife-ing" the house by putting all the retarded s**t she's put up on the walls over the years in boxes in the basement, and I'm doing all the stuff around there that I've always wanted to do, but compromised away over the years. I'm moving my office/music gear out of the basement and upstairs into her old office, so I can be civilised and hang up in the upstairs. I really have no idea what the next 6 months will bring, but I'm keeping a positive outlook on things and am doing nothing but looking forward and looking out for my son and myself.

Just wanted to share.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the personal problems. I hope that things work out for you and that you are happy. At least your new Kronos will help keep your mind off the dark things, and bring some light into your life.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fight for custody now otherwise you'll almost never get it. Sorry Korg but the kid is much more important then the Kronos.
StephenJude

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's great that you and your son share a bond of music! I can't think of a better way for you and your son to heal any problems left over from the failed marriage than to explore a complex musical system like the Kronos together!
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear your marriage troubles. You need to get advise straight away on shared parenting so that you and your ex can avoid the nightmare of the legal system and the difficulties of negotiating with your ex.

go to http://www.sharedparenting.org.uk/

If you dont live in the UK PM me and i will find an organisation where you are to support you if you need it.

regards

Worth
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your circumstances - it can't be pleasant Crying or Very sad
Still, by the sounds of it, you've got your head screwed on (regardless of what state it's in! Laughing )

Can't offer any advice apart good luck with it all
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im glad to see your head up in a hard time man! Make that house yours! Leave no semblance of her in there! make it a keyboard and drum museum!
thats a key way to happiness! hopefully everything works out in your favor, chances are if the women was un-loyal you will more likely win the battle especially if you were the bread winner!

Best of wishes!

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: