Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK release of Kronos - I've just had an update......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONFIRMED !!!! Last week of June first week of July .... not long not long .....
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Very Happy
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Tsunami Cool

Who have you confirmed that with? Bonners?
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope not bonners, a much better source Smile

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
Great news Tsunami Cool

Who have you confirmed that with? Bonners?

13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same price or not - feel free to PM if you would prefer to keep private.
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prices are mooted to be the same as what Bonners posted but they're not fully committing to them yet ( Might be due to the situ in Japan?)

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
Same price or not - feel free to PM if you would prefer to keep private.

ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the shops seem to be saying the same thing Cool
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it would seem they are starting to show up in small quantities in Asia too ... Music City in Singapore had 5 61 keys come in ....

So it would seem that a 6 week shipping is on the cards for us !!!
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there A-Z's Wink

I emailed Bonners out of interest to enquire about the KRONOS, and their reply was "a Kronos from the first available shipment, which looks likely to be August"

£2000 will be offered for a KORG OASYS88 if anyone is interested. That means the KRONOS listed at £3,299 from Bonners will command £1,299 Plus the OASYS88. Whether anyone thinks the KRONOS is worth £1,299 more than the OASYS is up to the individual....

Also, I’m wondering if unlike the OASYS, there will be waiver/negotiation/haggling etc on the KRONOS, Which wasn't possible on the OASYS Arrow

Either way, it’s a superb instrument is this Kronos.

My "pros" List:

+ • SSD/Massive sample (12 Gig) with possibly more to come
+ • Drum Track(s)
+ • 24-bit, 48 kHz recording quality
+ • SGX-1 Premium Piano
+ • EP-1 MDS Electric Piano
+ • Resolution: 1/480 PPQN (Sequencer)
+ • Song List mode
+ • USB/AUDIO connection to pc
+ • Weight
+ • Faster Dual Core Atom CPU

There may be some more (many even), please add to the list as I’m quite new to "looking" at the KRONOS specs Confused

My "Cons" List:

- • No physical "pads"
- • Smaller Screen (though will have to see the KRONOS to evaluate it)
- • inferior Sliders/Controls (IMO)
- • "cheaper" looking design (the OASYS is "Grand" looking)
- • Screen non "tiltable" (as above I guess)
- • NO Phantom Power inputs
- • less outputs (6 including L/R)

Probably missed something big out, however, the KRONOS seems to have more "pros", but to me, (at least) it’s the "Quality" of Pros Versus Cons, rather than the amount.

Tony

JOHN 3:16
MissT

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So,its August for the UK now?
dangerousdave

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of different estimates flying around. My reseller told me this morning that his rep reckons that "we are looking good for June delivery".
dangerousdave

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also tells me that what Bonners are offering "won't be the best deal". He hasn't given me anything more concrete than that at the moment, but I'm not going to rush to jump ship for a pair of Behringers just yet.
panrixx

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dangerousdave wrote:
He also tells me that what Bonners are offering "won't be the best deal". He hasn't given me anything more concrete than that at the moment, but I'm not going to rush to jump ship for a pair of Behringers just yet.

When making a comparison you also need to take into account their whole offer of free speakers, finance and part-exchange packages, and free delivery.

I have a pair of KRK monitors already but I have options regarding the Behringers. I know some people just assume behringers are rubbish but the reviews for these freebies seem to contradict that, especially when comparing others in the same price range. Obviously, a £100K+ car is usually better quality than a £20K one but is that a fair comparison?
dangerousdave

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that you have to look at all the aspects of the deal, but it's still early days and we don't all all the information just yet. Bonners will do well by making an offer like this at an early stage.

I think most places will deliver for free. I can't say that I've looked into comparisons on part exchange or finance, as I don't need either.

One other important aspect is how refundable the deposit is. I'm not comment on the Bonners one, because I just don't know. What I would say is that it's a bad idea to get locked into a deal until you know what the other options are.

My deposit with A&C Hamilton is fully refundable, so my options are still open. The Bonners offer on the Behringers is available for another month, so I can always go with that if nothing better comes up within the month. I suspect it will though.
panrixx

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="dangerousdave"].....One other important aspect is how refundable the deposit is. I'm not comment on the Bonners one, because I just don't know. What I would say is that it's a bad idea to get locked into a deal until you know what the other options are....[quote]

Bonners stated that thier £200 deposit is fully refundable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: