Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IMS-20 - Drum Tracks Muted in Ableton Live - From iPad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbers

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: IMS-20 - Drum Tracks Muted in Ableton Live - From iPad Reply with quote

Weirdly I plugged my ipad into my Sapphire Audio Interface and played out IMS-20 as an external instrument track in live and can successfully record that to a seperate audio channel...so everything is fine BUT the kick (drum one) and various other drum tracks are very feint.....not totally muted and showing on the volume unit meters in IMS 20.....but really really feint!

Even more weirdly if I go into drum edit and edit sound and bring up the Kaoss interface and drag it to top left the kick is audible?

I tried plugging headphone in directly and the kick is clear to hear?

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably are using the wrong kind of cable from the iPad to the audio i/o box. Please describe what kind of cable you're using and how you have it hooked up between them.
jimbers

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XMLguy....its an ipod to aux cable?

I'm trying to plug it into a sapphire 6 either mono or stereo? Any advice gratefully received.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of iPod cables are wired wrong for the iPad and iPad2 because the connector changed between generations of iPods.

The iPad audio connector is a 3.5mm TRRS jack, meaning Tip Ring Ring Shield. It has two rings. Many iPod cables only have 1 ring. The iPad uses the Tip and first Ring for the audio output, the second ring for a mic/audio input, and the shield for ground. If you put a TRS plug into a TRRS jack, the result will often be shorting an output to an input.

You need a 3.5mm TRRS plug on one end, to two 1/4" TS mono plugs on the other, one connected to the Tip and the other connected to the first Ring (and optionally another for the second ring). There are a number of possible ways to do that with different cables, adapters, or Y cables.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: