Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos demo by Akos Janca
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Kudos Reply with quote

Thank you all for your opinions.

Hal2001 wrote:
...hearing today that the delivery of the first orders is being pushed back to at least August. Have you heard any reasons for the delays?

I haven't heard about this delay.
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,

Thank you for the answers and reactions in the other thread.

Sharp, thank you for founding, funding and moderating this forum. I enjoyed most of my time here, I learned a lot and I hope I could give something back to the community in more than 6 years.

The forum has changed. Unfortunately, I don't like the way things are going here now. For me it seems few people could turn the forum from its original direction. I complained and - based on the reactions - I realized it's not the place for me anymore.

So, I'm leaving and will concentrate on other things. Maybe it's the right time to go anyway - I know my OASYS, Kronos is already shipping, I showed myself.

I will miss my friends here. Please, contact me by email if you want. I hope my website will be ready soon. I'm sure I will visit the great Karma-Lab Forums more frequently again, as my time allows, where I'm a member since 2005. (I owned a wonderful red/maroon KARMA keyboard!)

By the way, I also would like to thank the Korg representatives and other experts for their contribution here and generally for their work. I very much appreciate them: Dan Phillips, Steve McNally, Jack Hotop, Jerry Kovarsky, Stephen Kay, Taiki Imaizumi and the others I didn't name.

Good luck to everyone. I won't remove my account and hope this place will get well again in the future.

I wish the best. A big thank you to Korgforums.com!

Akos
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear you feel that way Akos Sad

I share your views in that KF has changed and I tend to find I don't post so often. But I do think it's value is huge and I think once the Kronos is out then a lot of the fuss will die down.

This value however is only as good as the community and we need people like you Akos to keep the value and quality as high as possible! You have been a great asset to KF.

I respect that you need a break - but I hope that you will re-consider and return.

I see karma-lab is very quiet these days - no posts in June! Some topics haven't been updated since April, so I hope you can bring some new life there Smile

Will miss you Akos and hope you won't be away for long. Do stay in touch.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos,

Very sorry about your decision, sad..
Thank you for your contributions to the forum.
I'm not speaking for other people, but I'm sure this was not their intention.
Give it some thought and do visit, good luck with your Kronos.
panrixx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos, I sort of saw that coming. I am personally very annoyed that 'a few' have led you to this decision.

I am fairly new to the forum but that has not stopped me going over the post history. As I have said before, there is a tendancy for threads to get hijacked and go into completely different areas. A lot of times they are taken over by an excessive amount of humour (no matter how well intentioned) or by nasty personal attacks on other members. Yes, this may have been due to the fact that no one at the time had a Kronos to keep their mind occupied on the specifics of the forum subject!

I have a wide range of interests and, therefore, have joined many forums. In comparison with nearly all of these other forums, I must say that I am surprised at the amount of latitude some members have been given here.

Personally, I have valued your input and also wish you would reconsider your decision - many members should not suffer due to just a few. However, I do understand you may feel unsupported by those who have control of this forum and are concerned things may decline further.

I wish you all the best.
Brian
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The forum has changed. Unfortunately, I don't like the way things are going here now. For me it seems few people could turn the forum from its original direction. I complained and - based on the reactions - I realized it's not the place for me anymore.

For what it’s worth……

The forum has NOT changed. You are just seeing the birth of a new section of the forum for a product that has technically not really hit the streets yet. This is actually all perfectly predictable and totally expected. It happens EVERY TIME a new flagship workstation is launched.

Mark my words, 2 months from now everything will be back to normal as people receive delivery of their keyboards.

Quote:
So, I'm leaving and will concentrate on other things

I will be sorry to see you go as you are making a mistake. Maybe you should just take a time out. Come back a few weeks from now and you will see. Soon as people get their hands on the keyboard everything will return to normal.

Compared to when the OASYS was launch, I’m darn proud of how people have behaved regarding the KRONOS. It’s a lot more organised and people are falling into line far easier with regards to the tone of the forum.

Regards
Sharp.
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been busy with my garden + iPad 2 the last few months and didn't visit here.

Then when I do, I see a thread started by Akos with over 10 pages and I then I learn this thread isn't about that but about something provoked Akos to "again" speak about leaving!? (I haven't read the thread yet)

.....but I'm glad it wasn't chicks in headsets that made him go.

Akos, happy birthday for yesterday, come back after some time, I'm sure you will find the same "happiness" that once brought you here day after day. Smile
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos, thanks for this demo and all your contribution so far, which I sure hope will not end here.

However, let me say you're wrong. Cultures differ wildly on this planet (having lived/worked in a lot of them I think I can tell) and the community here is formed around Korg instruments and music - not around religion, politics, language or sense of humour, so everyone should be free to have their take on these. There are forum rules and as far as I can tell they are applied very appropriately by moderators, by Sharp, to be specific.

You've got all rights to be wrong, I'm just saying it for the record. Hope to see you back soon!
panrixx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another video that features Akos playing a Kronos - worth a look/listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfWYEJEgRPk
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos, My opinion, FWIW, sorry man but I think you are being really childish with your "I am going to take my toys and go home attitude"!!

Ozy seems to me as a class clown and meant no intentional harm just trying to add a little humor to the post. You however seem as though you expect results and someones immediate attention with every post you make. You get upset thinking kids are going to be harmed after seeing a clothed 3 person pic posted by OZY? Are you serious? My grandaughter is 13 and she laughed at that photo after showing her. But then you expect and demand Sharp to ban him because of it?? Sounds to me as though you want to be the judge, jury and executioner.

Kids dont read these forums.. older men and women do .. Dude I seriously think you need to stop surfing the internet because your personality cant handle it or , or maybe your religon forbids it. No idea, But this is a "public forum" with jerks like me and a few others with comments that may offend others. Its public, not private forum!!

I am just trying to learn about Korg Keyboards, hear some cool videos and sounds, hangout and have a good time also. If I offend anyone ..then excuse me.

No offense, but that video did nothing for me.. whatever sounds or combis was being played.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos, I would be sad to see you go! Thank you for all of your contributions here, including this video. Very nice playing!

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
I see karma-lab is very quiet these days - no posts in June! Some topics haven't been updated since April, so I hope you can bring some new life there Smile

We have posts in June, May, and all other months. We also exist for the purpose of actually answering questions, with concrete answers, rather than seeing who can post the most obnoxious controversial image. Strange concept, I know. Wink

jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I visit this forum mainly to find content and exchange about on topics, with a casual smile left for funny asides. I have no problems with casual offtopics or joking, but the very last thing I need in such a forum are EXCESSIVE class clown activities, no matter from whom. So I understand Akos very well who just had enough of it (and by the way probably not only from one person, and certainly not just from one pic, like others misinterpret time and again).

I do NOT think, that this is mainly a moderation issue, though I would have kicked out one or two things just for being offensive in a very careless, cynical and disdaining way: young women are no sexual objects for childish old men fantasies, and the tsunami and Fukushima are no proper context for extremely tasteless joking, just to name two examples I remember and do not at all regard as harmless.

I do think it is rather a matter of self discipline than moderation, and of keeping things at least a bit in proportion. I guess that Ozy is a very friendly soul if you would meet him in person, and have laughed about witty remarks from him more than once. But still I find the frequency of becoming offtopic in midst of interesting or useful threads definitely abusive. We are not here to be someones constant private theatre audience and psycho couch for things not remoptely related to synths, or for "enjoying" childish pic posting all the time!

Even if I don't need moderation to oppose that, I consider reducing visits here down to casusal technical questions as well, instead of real community exchange. So my reaction will not be much other than that of Akos. And ironically that could be the case exactly when I finally get my Kronos and could contribute to on topics more than now.

I just don't need all this self-centered and self-complacent attention talk in midst of every other thread, and that does not only concern Ozy, though he perhaps is overdoing much more than a few others. I'm here for music and a synth, not to be entertained or mis-entertained by force, no matter which thread I read.
Penumbra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos Janca wrote:
Dear all,

Thank you for the answers and reactions in the other thread.

Sharp, thank you for founding, funding and moderating this forum. I enjoyed most of my time here, I learned a lot and I hope I could give something back to the community in more than 6 years.

So, I'm leaving and will concentrate on other things. Maybe it's the right time to go anyway - I know my OASYS, Kronos is already shipping, I showed myself.

I will miss my friends here. Please, contact me by email if you want. I hope my website will be ready soon. I'm sure I will visit the great Karma-Lab Forums more frequently again, as my time allows, where I'm a member since 2005. (I owned a wonderful red/maroon KARMA keyboard!)

By the way, I also would like to thank the Korg representatives and other experts for their contribution here and generally for their work. I very much appreciate them: Dan Phillips, Steve McNally, Jack Hotop, Jerry Kovarsky, Stephen Kay, Taiki Imaizumi and the others I didn't name.

Good luck to everyone. I won't remove my account and hope this place will get well again in the future.

I wish the best. A big thank you to Korgforums.com!

Akos

yes, thank you to the korgforums but no thanks for those useless liars of Korg Inc. or Corporation or whatever is called. They have given us that lie called Oasys, these greedy bastards promises a lot of lie, I'm pissed off being fooled like that and you should too. The forums has gone s**t thanks to your beloved Korg, they are a bunch of useless liars, they renegade the existence of the Oasys, nor even mention in the Kronos videos since YOU PIECE OF s**t OF KORG IT'S THANKS TO THE OASYS IF YOUR KRONOS EXISTS TODAY. They've fooled us making a product less than a half of the cost of the Oasys adding also more things, and we OASYS users are screwed, YES, you can say whatever you want but your beloved untouchable Korg are a bunch of arrongant asshole. I conclude saying: FOR ME KORG CAN DIE OF HUNGER SINCE I WON'T BUY NOR A KNOB FROM THEM, YOU WON'T EXIST ANYMORE FOR ME YOU PILE OF s**t. YOU MUST THANK THAT IT'S DOESN'T DEPEND ON ME BECAUSE IF YOU WANTED TO EAT YOU'D to GO TO ASK HELP TO THE CHARITIES. KORG YOU ARE A PILE OF s**t. PERIOD. And people here must be angry like me, not licking their asses FFS and feeding their wallet more.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just missing "Flash and the Spam" to complete the picture now ... Cool

Last edited by jimknopf on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: