Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New EXi for Kronos!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If thats the way it flows for you great Wink

jimknopf wrote:
Tsunami, to me it is no budget question, and I have no problems using software.

But even with the limited functions of the Fantom G, I have found recording directly at the keyboard the by far most straightforward and intuitive way of basic song writing and recording. No software sequencing solution does the same for me to stay equally focused in the first stages of song writing.

13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Perhaps we should make a separate thread asking users in here about sequencer expectations?

It's already discussed in so many words in the OASYS section.
Slovenec

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A brass/woodwinds EXI would be good, as would a dedicated guitar/bass EXI seeing as though Korg is always playing 2nd or 3rd fiddle to Yamaha and Roland when it comes to good emulations of guitar & bass patches...... the Motif still has this area covered IMHO!

I also owned a K5000S once upon a time and I found it a complete dog to program! I did love the sounds though and that aggressive sounding filter!

As far as I'm concerned, I hope that the Kronos is released ASAP so we can stop all the guessing and fantasising as to what this instrument will be (or what this instrument should be!).
section4

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: New EXi for Kronos! Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
@Korg:

An interesting idea would be to implement a new EXi in Kronos: ADD-1 (or DSS-2 Wink)

Take all the features that were implemented in the best hardware additive synth ever (see the SOS review of the K5000S/R and the SOS review of the K5000W), add (pun intended!) an on-screen graphical editor for the harmonics and a resynthesis function like in the OEM SoundDiver that was developed for the K5K, and you'll have a groundbreaking '10th synth engine' that will allow you to advertise: 'KRONOS, the ultimate synth workstation'.

+1
You read my mind ! Very Happy
Other gear: Akai S6000, Akai VX90, Kawai K5000S, Virus TI, Roland D-110, Roland MKS-30 + DT200
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos Janca wrote:
jimknopf wrote:
Perhaps we should make a separate thread asking users in here about sequencer expectations?

Yes, of course: I didn't think of that.
Was there any consensus or majority opinion concerning the hardware seuqencer use, which you could summarize in some words?
robinkle

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for an Analog Simmons Electronic drum synth EXi emulation, based on SDSV/SDS8. There isn't any emulations out there as far as I know.
And Enable Nano Pads to work in Kronos's USB input.
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Akos Janca wrote:
jimknopf wrote:

Yes, of course: I didn't think of that.
Was there any consensus or majority opinion concerning the hardware seuqencer use, which you could summarize in some words?

Unfortunately, not. There was no consensus, rather a debate. Some members criticized the sequencer, other ones liked it - me included.

My opinion: the sequencer is a nice function in OASYS/Kronos. (They are almost identical.) I think it's very usable however it's not a ProTools or Logic and never will be. For me generally it's good, it helps to record my ideas quickly, it's not too sophisticated but logical and stable. All tracks (16 MIDI, 16 audio) have very good 3-band EQs, and the Kronos can do the mixdown at 24 bit/48 kHz.

I think it would be very good to get the well-known latest features from the M3's sequencer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: