Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6 weeks before delivery: no prices and orders in Europe!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lunaluna

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPWC wrote:
You UK/European's need to give us US'ers a break.

While we may get the Kronos a little sooner and a little cheaper. Remember we have no live music scene in America. You get to play pub's and make a little money, maybe play some festivals, maybe get your picture in Future Music Magazine.

Here in the states we'll have to "pay-to-play" our Kronos in public. We'll have to do Wedding gigs, playing the greatest hits of the 70's/80's, (most songs by non-American bands).

So who is the real losers here? Laughing
...LOL.....you dude nailed it !!..
Squidward

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
Quote:
No price for Kronos in Europe!
No delivery date for Europe!
We are impatient!
We are frustrated!

Please grow up!

+1
yes this whining is boring.
Kronos will come. There will be a Price. If i'm willing and able to pay the Price i will buy it. Where is the Problem?

Go buy some Fantom G crap and you know where the real problems are and where you can waste lot of money!
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, but I think you guys are getting carried away with this "Korg is disrepecting us" talk.

Yes, this is an unusual situation since Korg normally releases prices soon after a product announcement. The fact that Korg HAS delayed the European price announcement suggests to me that Korg must have a valid reason for doing so.

I suspect Korg wants to get the price right by waiting as long as they can to better match up their pricing with actual currency exchange rates, at the time they actually start receiving money (i.e. when the product ships and they charge dealers for orders).

Is it really that terrible that Korg has delayed the price announcement? Knowing the U.S. price hasn't really provided much benefit to me since the product hasn't actually shipped yet.

I suspect the most important information will be the price itself, not whether the announcement was delayed.

Finally, I don't see how complaining about this situation adds any positive value to this forum. This is a temporary situation, and hopefully the Kronos will ship within a few months.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course you're right.

Nice to see that there's some unilateral community support for other members.

The impression given is "I'm alright, Jack, screw everybody-else"......

Perhaps forums have changed, but members on other forums (not just music sites) tend to stick together, and support each other - even if its just for a bit of a grumble.

A bit of information flow from a certain sector of a company isn't too much to ask, and I certainly don't think it's unreasonable to question them about their inaction.

Last time I checked, WE are the customers - WE'RE the ones buying this item (unless Korg are giving them away now in cereal boxes Laughing )

Perhaps, with all due respect, the rest of the world doesn't get it - we *could* be up in arms about the price (granted some are, but what ya gonna do?), but all we're asking for is the same information flow as the rest of the world.
Not exactly asking for too much, is it?
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ 1
I coudn't agree more to your ironiy and your/our point, Scooby!
ozy

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
members on other forums (not just music sites) tend to stick together, and support each other -

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did LOL as I wrote it (irony, eh?)
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
panrixx

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geting back to the original subjet- Bonners Music Superstore, in the UK, is pricing as follows:

K88 - £3,299
K73 - £2,999
K61 - £2,599

They take a small returnable deposit and will honor their prices if the final prices are greater. If the final prices are less they will charge the lesser amount. Seems very fair to me.

I've pre-ordered the K88 (spoke to Phil).

Phil suggested there is no reason that the first deliveries into thier shop will not include all of the three models. I know it has been suggested ,elsewhere, that the first models available would be the K61, then the K73 with the K88 not until August.

Hope that helps?

Brian
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the update.

So it seems things are getting concrete, at least on an informal level, with people asking and helping themselves as good as possible by their own initiative - and Korg keeping cricket silence while everybody is awaiting the kick ... Rolling Eyes

One reseller told me today that they all are just as annoyed as the potential customers: they spend hours per week talking with irritated people trying to order the Kronos and asking for concrete answers they can't give.

So Korg performs this "communication breakdown" at the expense of not paid reseller's time as well, and that's certainly not rocking like Led Zeppelin.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
...and I certainly don't think it's unreasonable to question them about their inaction.

Do you really consider the following comments to be merely "questioning"?

-- "laughing stock of themselves"
-- "impertinent"
-- "disrespecting customers"
-- "embarrassing"
-- "a shame"
-- '"screwing customers"
-- "I won't forget"

I can understand how people would like this information, but why do the comments have to be so rude and mean?

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:

Perhaps forums have changed, but members on other forums (not just music sites) tend to stick together, and support each other - even if its just for a bit of a grumble.

You can't expect people to "stick together" when the comments posted are so excessive. These comments attempt to paint Korg as some evil, diabolical company. They are not.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comments can only be interpreted as "rude and mean" by the individuals.

I don't find them either - they seem observational. If this is the impression that people are seeing, then that says more about the source rather than the comment IMHO.

"These comments attempt to paint Korg as some evil, diabolical company. They are not."

Again, open to interpretation - I don't think they paint that impression of Korg at all. And Korg aren't that anyway. Neither have the comments been excessive.
Certain aspects of the worldwide brand HAVE let down their customers - if you're in the US, then with all due respect, this is probably something you can't see.
panrixx

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems staying on topic is nearly an impossibility on most, including this, forum. A large percentage of threads seem to end with one member taking a 'pop' at another, then a 'pop' back and so on Rolling Eyes
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
Seems staying on topic is nearly an impossibility on most, including this, forum. A large percentage of threads seem to end with one member taking a 'pop' at another, then a 'pop' back and so on Rolling Eyes

Actually, nearly all the posts in this thread ARE "on-topic", since the original post was a complaint about Korg.
panrixx

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I take your point. Although I believe any information members gain from any source regarding delivery and price would be more useful. Just my view, take it or leave it.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin, it's always healthy to stay self-critical.
Maybe at second sight and in cool temper I and/or others would omit some of the anger expressions, though they look much different, when compressed into one overdose, like you did, than spread over different posts, which in fact contained A LOT substantial and arguing things, other than you mirror here, and which you didn't really answer.

I certainly don't regard a company like Korg as "some evil, diabolic" whatever, as probably others don't. Insinuating what nobody, not even in anger, has expressed here, doesn't help. What we named was just trivial bad behavior.

So on the other hand, yes, I DO still regard this kind of behavior (you note the difference between critisizing a company's behavior in a concrete case and generally ascribing evil?) as disrespectful, embarassing and annoying towards European customers. And I am not willing to take a bit away of this well earned critisism, which I know is shared by many others here in Europe, like a lot of talk in this matter during the Korg presentation in Cologne and in phone calls of the last days has clearly shown me.

So from my view ScoobyDoo is completely right to put in question, that this company behavior is belittled or defended here by some, while the real cause is ridiculed as insigificant.

Back on topic: a very well earned critisism of bad Korg behaviour towards European customers. The resellers over here still got no order confirmation, as I was told today, five full months after that was no problem at all in America.

If anybody doesn't get how that speaks for itself, that is simply beyond me, and in this case I don't care about that either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: