Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6 weeks before delivery: no prices and orders in Europe!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: 6 weeks before delivery: no prices and orders in Europe! Reply with quote

I phoned my reseller today:

there are still NO price announcements or delivery dates for European customers available.

Everybody I talk to, including reseller staff with many years of experience in dealing with companies, agrees that this Korg behavior is anything from making a laughing stock of themselves up to impertinent, but none I have spoken with has any bit of understanding left for this lamer show any more.

Get used to it: Korg does not show a bit of respect to European customers!!!
I will not forget it.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've just called Korg UK.

They've said that the Kronos will be released within the month, but they don't have a price yet!

At this point, I couldn't help myself...... and burst out laughing.

"So you're telling me as a representative of Korg, that you've got a product being released within the month...... and you don't know the price?! Well, this IS rather embarrassing, isn't it?"

Poor girl went rather quiet, but offered no other information......

I suggest that the more people who call up, maybe they might get embarrassed into saying something.

The number is 01908 857100.

I did this for the craic and out of boredom - I'm pretty much sorted with where I'm going to get mine from anyway: this is now some time to play with Korg UK!! Laughing
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really a shame to see this Korg policy "at work".

The more this is getting prolonged, the more I think Korg basically messed up by announcing the price at NAMM, when it wasn't yet ready to go out. And then the whole tsunami thing happened and everything went to sixteen shits and beyond. And ON TOP of that, they're screwing European customers real hard. That's not nice.

Here's one more reason why Kurzweil's better - at least they're not screwing THEIR European customers like Korg is. Laughing
RKfan

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Poor girl went rather quiet, but offered no other information......

I think I spoke to her about a month ago - she told me they had just got their first Kronos in the office a couple of days before and that lots of "celebrities" wanted to get their hands on them, and press to do reviews.

I had just seen the Howard Jones demoing the JP80 and said "Oh, you should have got him to demo a Korg"... After a silence she asked who Howard Jones is.... I think she is young and new and unfortunately not being supported by Korg management (it's like being sent out to fight a battle but not being given any bullets).

So I think this is a case of not shooting the messenger (for having no message) and being prepared for some pretty lousy news on prices.

Of course Korg knows what the prices are, but are they prepared for low sales if they have got it wrong?

Anyway, still saving up, hoping for good news and prepared to wait or change my mind if I think it's too expensive...
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gawd that is funny.. the girl didnt know who Howard Jones was?? She must be a "pawn" employee... or the owners daughter.

Maybe Korg is having problems and is keeping quiet and mouth shut.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly not shooting the messenger - but as THE face/representative of Korg UK, there's a certain amount of responsibility that comes with the position.

This is more a go at Korg UK than the poor girl - in all fairness, I got the impression that I wasn't the only one to have questioned the company's stance on this matter Laughing
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is funny...lollllzzzzzz...i still dont understand why people get frustrated
over this? Noone screwed you over with your money, noone paid and didnt
get what they paid for, Korg didnt ask anyone to pay and not get anything.
Who cares when its gonna come out? When it comes then! What if they didnt
actually make the Kronos ... we would still hold them accountable?
These topics are getting annoying and boring, there is 10s of them.

DAMN!
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect, if you don't like the posts, stop reading them.

Most prospective UK and European buyers have been waiting now for information that the US has had (and some GREAT input from Korg via Rich & Dan)....... not impressive at all.

UK/Europeans haven't had this luxury - so with all due respect, in this case, I don't think you can appreciate how annoying and frustrating it is.

There has been NO information flow from Korg UK. Nothing. And this is what is annoying. We need threads like this to "vent". Laughing

I hope you can appreciate our frustrations.
Devnor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You aren't showing Korg much respect by posting the phone number and encouraging people to harass the UK Staff. Glad you got your little thrill but in the grand scheme of things, you aren't helping. Ultimately they will just quit taking calls from everyone. Is that what you want?
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
We need threads like this to "vent". Laughing
+1 Absolutely! Laughing
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devnor wrote:
You aren't showing Korg much respect by posting the phone number and encouraging people to harass the UK Staff.
What? Are you kidding?
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You UK/European's need to give us US'ers a break.

While we may get the Kronos a little sooner and a little cheaper. Remember we have no live music scene in America. You get to play pub's and make a little money, maybe play some festivals, maybe get your picture in Future Music Magazine.

Here in the states we'll have to "pay-to-play" our Kronos in public. We'll have to do Wedding gigs, playing the greatest hits of the 70's/80's, (most songs by non-American bands).

So who is the real losers here? Laughing
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPWC wrote:
We'll have to do Wedding gigs, playing the greatest hits of the 70's/80's, (most songs by non-American bands).
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Are you sure you want a Kronos and not a Tyros? Wink
RKfan

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you sure you want a Kronos and not a Tyros?

Wedding singers normally hang-out on CasioPSRclan - reckon we got a troll. Laughing
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devnor wrote:
You aren't showing Korg much respect by posting the phone number and encouraging people to harass the UK Staff. Glad you got your little thrill but in the grand scheme of things, you aren't helping. Ultimately they will just quit taking calls from everyone. Is that what you want?

It has NOTHING to do with the issue of respect Rolling Eyes
The posting of the phone number is to get people to enquire about the Kronos and its details!!! Surely the more people who call, the more Korg will take notice.

Regarding the US, certainly not having a go at how "bad" you have it.

It does seem amusing though that the message has been lost in translation somewhere - in INTERNATIONAL company NOT communicating with its customers in certain sectors......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: