Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is KORG Canada with the Kronos?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaimonj

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Where is KORG Canada with the Kronos? Reply with quote

I was just thinking today about how Korg Canada is has done nothing to demo, promo or market the Kronos. It does bother me quite a bit that we are seeing and hearing everything from other parts of the world. As a Canadian I am thinking why should I buy another Korg product from Canada or from JAM distributors after I heard horror stories about their support. Might as well buy it from the US cause they should get the reward for all the marketing & promo they do for us Canadian as well.

Thank you Korg Canada. Confused
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Where is KORG Canada with the Kronos? Reply with quote

jaimonj wrote:
I was just thinking today about how Korg Canada is has done nothing to demo, promo or market the Kronos. It does bother me quite a bit that we are seeing and hearing everything from other parts of the world. As a Canadian I am thinking why should I buy another Korg product from Canada or from JAM distributors after I heard horror stories about their support. Might as well buy it from the US cause they should get the reward for all the marketing & promo they do for us Canadian as well.

If you buy in the US, (a) the warranty will not be valid in Canada, and (b) you'll get hit for import duty. I buy my gear from Long and McQuade, and they have been very good about providing support, on the rare occasions when needed, albeit with Roland gear. I can't say that I've heard any horror stories, but I haven't owned Korg gear for quite a while.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you buy a product of significant cost, I think you should always consider not only the product, but its warranty and support, in your buying decision.

I would always recommend buying through your Korg Country Distributor, since your warranty is provided by country where you purchased the product.
jaimonj

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally understand what you are saying. I have had Korg products for over 25 years and they are all going good. Even if there is a problem its usually after the warranty period anyways.

But the fact of the matter is that Korg Canada has nothing regarding the Kronos. No demo's, promos or anything like that. Its quite up setting that it seems like they are sitting on their hands and letting Korg USA do all the work. I wrote to them and there wasn't a reply and its been over 2 months.
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I note that India, Ireland, Iran, and countless other countries have not yet demonstrated the Kronos, either. Naturally the first demos occur in the US, since Korg USA is wholly owned by Korg Inc., they employ most of the voicing team, they are the largest market in the world, and, they have one of the biggest trade shows.

jg::
jaimonj

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I don't think the Canadian market is all that small compared to Germany and some of the European markets.

And also it doesn't matter cause its their primary job to promote a new product.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Where is KORG Canada with the Kronos? Reply with quote

jaimonj wrote:

They do have Mfg Suggested Retail prices listed though ...

KRONOS-61 $3,750.00
KRONOS-73 $4,499.00
KRONOS-88 $4,749.00

(Canadian Dollars)

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
jaimonj

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course! They have the prices but no work to be seen in promoting the products.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaimonj wrote:
Of course! They have the prices but no work to be seen in promoting the products.

That's because they don't need to! Kronos is pretty much promoting itself!
jaimonj

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, all the other countries that are prompting Kronos are fools? Or are we Canadians? Now come to think of it is Korg wasting money with having a Korg Canada? Maybe we don't need the distributors either. Hmmmm!
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are not actually that many countries promoting Kronos, in terms of doing demonstrations etc. With the internet everyone benefits from the information anyway, which has basically not changed since the release demo. It seems to be a script that it is being followed, even to the point of mostly demonstrating the same few programs and combis over and over. That's one reason why Akos Janca's forthcoming demo is being so keenly anticipated. We are thinking that he WON'T be following the Korg corporate script, and we will actually hear and learn new things!
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lougheed wrote:
That's one reason why Akos Janca's forthcoming demo is being so keenly anticipated. We are thinking that he WON'T be following the Korg corporate script, and we will actually hear and learn new things!

Thank you very much. I followed my own script which is interestingly not much different from Korg. If you want to show/explain all highlights in a short time, there are not many choices.

From this point of view it's not easy to make a good demo. This should be good, comprehensible and even entertaining for novices and expert users, amateurs and professionals, haters and fanboys, and critics who always know how to do it better... Smile
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaimonj wrote:

I notice Korg Canada sends you to Korg USA for details. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos, don't think of us or critics too much.

Just do your own thing and it will be fine. I have always spent too much time on thoughts like how others might evaluate a sound or a song passage. It's much better just staying authentic. You have to prove nothing to no one, here or elsewhere...
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Akos, don't think of us or critics too much.

Just do your own thing and it will be fine. I have always spent too much time on thoughts like how others might evaluate a sound or a song passage. It's much better just staying authentic. You have to prove nothing to no one, here or elsewhere...

Thanks, I'm fine. Smile I just mentioned it because of the opinions like "boring".

And yes, a demo really can be boring anyway.

PS. My demo is half-ready. Unfortunately, I don't have time to continue now. I hope I can finish it this week. Still on time, because Kronos is not shipping yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: