Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manuals and Voice Name List online on www.korg.de
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm... I wonder if the German I learned from my German girlfriend way back when will help me with the manual:

"Du bist an alt bedrunken cannal ratten!". She insisted I say this to someone when I meet them for the first time.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,
"you are an old drunk sewer rat" certainly is a cordial welcome everybody will appreciate Wink

Great that the German manual and voicelist is out!
If someone wants an English version, ask again in five months or so, but don't expect too much. Laughing
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it's just my perverse mind, but "canal ratten" brings to mind a TOTALLY different pastime!! Poor girl Twisted Evil

Laughing
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Mystic38

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...

RKfan wrote:
Downloaded it - shoudl have time to learn german before the UK release.

Wunderbar - see its working already.

Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just by the way:
"wunderbar" is one of my favorite German words. It has a slightly other meaning than the English/American wonder"ful". This other feeling simply can't be translated, but is genuinely German "soul" in a very positive way.

It even caused a German band to write a song with the title "The Wunderbar" Laughing

Yes. back on topic: I will be able to test the manual tomorrow directly in front of a Kronos (or the other way round) - undisturbed by crowds. THAT will be , well, "wunderbar"... Razz
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Randy wrote:"Du bist an alt bedrunken cannal ratten!". She insisted I say this to someone when I meet them for the first time.

Jim Knopf wrote
"you are an old drunk sewer rat" certainly is a cordial welcome everybody will appreciate

She was the best- wouldn't help me with learning real German but loved to teach me bits of nonsense like this. Still miss her!

Randy
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
See the bottom of page 254 and most of page 255 - some interesting errors - these were copied directly from the kronos forum....

.... sorry couldnt resist it!

what was it? I downloaded and already deleted them since I don't speak German.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Chriskk

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the VS waveforms are included!
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the voice list. Sounds like there's a LOT of sonic content in there.

Would take years to audition all the samples inside competently I'd say. Sure there's probably some overlap but it's all good.

To my understanding, ALL the memory locations are writable, so I really don't see what the whining is about with *only* 1600+ locations. WHO uses ALL the factory Combis? Yes as you make the Kronos "Your own" there will be some work involved with patch management and such (Fancy THAT!) but once you go through it, you're good! If they have a utility to assist with this, then AWESOME. Though it's not like this is some NEW thing to anyone who's owned a synth before.

To drive the point my Motif XS has like Eight Banks of presets. Do you know how many are writable? NONE, ZILCH, NADA! I get a Measly THREE user banks to play with, and that includes COPIES of existing presets that needed a tweak beyond what performance mode can do.

I think it might have been cool to have more than 4 Combi banks, but in the greater scheme of things, it's fine. I mean OH MY GOD you might have to create another .PCG file to load (In all of 2 secs probably) for different scenarios using your Kronos! The HORROR!

<----Anxiously awaiting the English Manual.

Thanks!
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:
Read the voice list. Sounds like there's a LOT of sonic content in there.

Would take years to audition all the samples inside competently I'd say. Sure there's probably some overlap but it's all good.

To my understanding, ALL the memory locations are writable, so I really don't see what the whining is about with *only* 1600+ locations. WHO uses ALL the factory Combis? Yes as you make the Kronos "Your own" there will be some work involved with patch management and such (Fancy THAT!) but once you go through it, you're good! If they have a utility to assist with this, then AWESOME. Though it's not like this is some NEW thing to anyone who's owned a synth before.

To drive the point my Motif XS has like Eight Banks of presets. Do you know how many are writable? NONE, ZILCH, NADA! I get a Measly THREE user banks to play with, and that includes COPIES of existing presets that needed a tweak beyond what performance mode can do.

I think it might have been cool to have more than 4 Combi banks, but in the greater scheme of things, it's fine. I mean OH MY GOD you might have to create another .PCG file to load (In all of 2 secs probably) for different scenarios using your Kronos! The HORROR!

<----Anxiously awaiting the English Manual.

Thanks!

this post def puts things in perspective. it's a little disheartening to know that you can't load all the cool extra PCGs in at the same time. But it's even more disheartening when there just AREN'T extra PCG's to load at all. It's a shame you can't load programs into the empty combi banks.

Someone said something about putting programs into bank I-G (GM bank). In past workstations, this has been a ROM-only bank, and programs are un-editable. Is it a writable bank in the the Kronos?

Also, a couple notes...

EXs1 i see some new strings and some other new acoustic sounds.

EXs4 looks like it may have in it the pianos from the M3- EX3 and Xpanded samples. They look similar. That's pretty cool.

And is that a new timpani sample set in EXs5?

There's a bunch of new things in here that Korg hasn't really demonstrated or talked about. I just can't wait to get my hands on one! I'm starting to feel like i won't miss anything in the M3 now ...
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
It even caused a German band to write a song with the title "The Wunderbar"
Wasn't the title The Wonderbra? Wink
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We Want English.. We Want English.. We Want English..

( in a chant sort of fashion ) Laughing

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
NavidSyed

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason I was always under the impression that most of the Korg manuals were written in English and then translated into other languages? guess that is not the not the case.. Embarassed
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavidSyed wrote:
for some reason I was always under the impression that most of the Korg manuals were written in English and then translated into other languages? guess that is not the not the case.. Embarassed

I imagine written initially in either English, or Japanese and then translated. Just because the English version hasn't been released yet, doesn't mean that it hasn't been written yet, or wasn't written first, it means it wasn't released first.
DocAtlas

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Gargamel314"]

Someone said something about putting programs into bank I-G (GM bank). In past workstations, this has been a ROM-only bank, and programs are un-editable. Is it a writable bank in the the Kronos?

[quote]

I don't know how it works on Korg's current instruments, but I remember a few years back downloading an app that could let you replace the presets in the GM bank on a Triton. Apparently that bank is saved as part of the operationg system, and the program would edit the OS to put your custom presets in, in place of the factory GM stuff. I never actually bothered to try it, but it was an interesting idea.
Korg BX3; Korg Triton (classic) w/MOSS, Studio Essentials & Vintage Archives; Korg N5EX; Korg O3RW; Kurzweil K2600s; Kurzweil 1000GX;Hammond C3 & Leslie 145; Farfisa Fast 3; Sequential Pro-One; Moog Liberation; Emu Proteus 3; Emu Planet Earth w/Vintage Expansion; Roland JV-880; Yamaha Motif Rack; Yamaha DX21; Yamaha TX216; Yamaha TX81Z; Yamaha TG77.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: