Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Wish List!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Muted sounds in combie eating polyphony !!! Reply with quote

Un-muting any sounds within a combie reveals tailed midi notes (with longer decaying sounds). Although this may be a useful anomaly in some situations it is in fact detrimental to poloyphony count as when they are muted the midi is still being transmitted to these parts which proves that its just the volume to those intitially muted parts that is muted! For example this is particularly irritating when playing a piano/string combie patch when wanting to bring in strings to a piano part half way through a song. You have to be careful while just playing the piano not to use the sustain pedal for too long as the polyphony can choke as the notes are still being sent to the string part when its muted! Also in this case one would naturally want the strings to come in on the down note after it has been un-muted rather than suddenly hearing the decaying notes that have been sent while the string part was still muted. There should be an option per part to choose wether one wants the midi to be transmitting to these muted parts in the background or not.

Always be true to yourself
daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSS emulation
possibility of loading Yamaha DX11 and Yamaha v50 syx files
FabioRhodes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: MIDI channels for Combi INT Zones Reply with quote

COMBI mode:

- playing internal sounds with local keyboard on each channel (no more by global channel), according to zone/track setup

SONG mode:

- please FIX THIS: zone keyboard limits don't work while controlling external MIDI instruments

- allow to cancel the [TRACK SELECT] selection and play on all keyboard zones/track according to zones setup

The fact is I think that SEQ mode and COMBI mode should have same MIDI behaviour, the only difference should be that on SEQ mode tracks are played ALSO with recorded data
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is just a wishlist, but there are good reasons why they are different. Also, you should set the keyzones on the tone generator side. This is more powerful as you can actually set it individually from the Kronos (where you also technically do it after midi, before the tone generation).
So I don't mean to sound negative, but I don't think this is going to change because for many people's purposes, this is already the better way.
FabioRhodes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree.

Read this, please:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=552820#552820

The fact is that the zone setup is useless due to the design limits and (also, I think) bugs!
FabioRhodes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, you should set the keyzones on the tone generator side.

I want to control an external instrument that only can set the channel for its each part. So, the feature is necessary.

Also, if I have multiple external instruments, I don't want to set the same note range as on the Kronos (same job multiple times), but only MIDI channels.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, your other instrument is severely limited.
FabioRhodes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Kronos is. It's a big limit to have different keyb zones only to be played on the same channel in Seq mode.

It should be like Combi mode.

In Combi mode i can control external instruments as I want.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No because the opposite could easily be argued; wanting to play a sound over a fixed ranged on the Kronos, but over the entire board through an external module. If key ranges followed the Kronos, this would not be possible or you would need to sacrifice an extra track.

Zone setup is not part of the midi data generation, it's part of the sound generator. You filter the incoming notes from the keyboard. You should do the same on any other sound generator you might want to use. For me and many others, this makes perfect sense. I'm not saying I'm happy that you can't get your wish, just that it doesn't seem likely because I don't think Korg programmers perceive this as a limitation per se.

If you're interested, perhaps get a small midi processor such as this;
http://mutable-instruments.net/midipal. It allows you to set keyzones and change channels etc, precisely for gear that doesn't have that option.

BTW perhaps it is an option for you to resample your external synths? You could avoid the issue altogether by using the sounds from within Kronos, which does let you set keyranges etc.
FabioRhodes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zones are related to the keyboard, not to the sound generator, so they are part of MIDI data generation!

And still, the feature is KEYBOARD ZONES.

I should be able to set the range of the keyboard zones on Kronos without change anything on the other instruments/racks. This is possible without problems in Combi mode.

Now, why SEQ mode has to be different? It's limited, it's a fact. And has no sense.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am honestly not trying to frustrate you, I'm just saying a change is unlikely. Have you tried using Karma to set external zones? Not sure if that would work but definitely worth a try.
FabioRhodes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Karma? I don't know how... Anyway it could be a workaround waiting for a fix... if possible...
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use KARMA to duplicate midi notes to a second track, and it has its own in/out keyboard zones. There are a few posts on here on using KARMA to duplicate the damper pedal on a second midi channel. The same should go for notes. I think. I've never actually needed to try it.
genehart

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my wish is
piano resonance effects emulation , acting same to nord pianos and toontrack ezkeys
i love to play sgx ,
but with that technology it would be absolutely ultimate )))
also 24bit sf2 support and
impulse reverberation with posiibility to import impulses

Last edited by genehart on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
MRedZac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ability to switch forward and backward in setlist mode by midi cc in order to become able to switch the setlist slots with the Behringer FCB1010 without having the need to use the relais channels for footswitch connectors...
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 38 of 50

Jump to: