Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kronos shipping june 1st ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: July 1 (US) Reply with quote

helpinghand wrote:
July 1 (US) to Korg US, then shipped out following week.

for the 88 only ?
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. MusiciansFriend.com has just today updated their expected ship date for the K 61 from the week of 6/8 to the week of 6/20. The 73 and 88, which had previously been showing the week of 6/8 as well, are now 7/4.

GuitarCenter.com has been updated from 6/1 to 6/13 for the 61 and 6/27 for the 73 and 88.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I will take 6/20. At least we have the manual.
brimoore

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:
At this point, I will take 6/20. At least we have the manual.

I know...having the manual is very comforting to me - very exciting to read! I guess I'll start saving up for a hard copy, leather-bound, gold-leaf edged copy of the manual(s)!
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I know ... I am just excited and want mine nao! Wink

And yes, I agree ... having the manual makes things better. I have still a lot of reading to do.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manual is integrated into the kronos, like oasys. So a print copy would only serve you until you get the machine.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
The manual is integrated into the kronos, like oasys. So a print copy would only serve you until you get the machine.

Not really true. It would be awkward to sit on the toilet, reading the manual with the Kronos sitting across your lap! Not to mention that with the printed version, you can underline, highlight and make notations. I like to read when I go to bed (yes even manuals) and again, the integrated version of the manual will be of no use for this application.
brimoore

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lougheed wrote:
RC-IA wrote:

Not really true. It would be awkward to sit on the toilet, reading the manual with the Kronos sitting across your lap! Not to mention that with the printed version, you can underline, highlight and make notations. I like to read when I go to bed (yes even manuals) and again, the integrated version of the manual will be of no use for this application.

You've got is all wrong! You place a little porta-potty by your Kronos - then at least you can still be making music while answering the call of nature Smile
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, do what I am doing ... get the 61 key version ... it will fit on your lap much better when you are on the potty Smile
ScottB601

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called Korg today and they told me "This is a new product and we expect it to begin shipping mid-June." So.............
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Canada, and have been told that first shipments will arrive late June or early July.
DocAtlas

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Guitar Center today on an unrelated matter, and asked if they knew when the Kronos would be in the store. The salesman didn't know, but took down my number. A few hours after I got home, he called; he said they had them in stock now, but the physical store wasn't going to be carrying them, they would have to be ordered by the customers. I don't know if that applies to all GCs, or just the one near me. At least there are two other Korg dealers nearby; I'll have to check with them. If I'm going to save up this much money for something, I want to be able to try it out first.
Korg BX3; Korg Triton (classic) w/MOSS, Studio Essentials & Vintage Archives; Korg N5EX; Korg O3RW; Kurzweil K2600s; Kurzweil 1000GX;Hammond C3 & Leslie 145; Farfisa Fast 3; Sequential Pro-One; Moog Liberation; Emu Proteus 3; Emu Planet Earth w/Vintage Expansion; Roland JV-880; Yamaha Motif Rack; Yamaha DX21; Yamaha TX216; Yamaha TX81Z; Yamaha TG77.
theshinenz

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told to expect it the 1st week of June, I REALLY hope I get surprised and its on time....I don't think I've ever wanted to get my hands on any synth as much as I have with the Kronos....PLEASE korg surprise us with an early release Wink
JimH

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidnightPackage wrote:
Or, do what I am doing ... get the 61 key version ... it will fit on your lap much better when you are on the potty Smile

I'm not sure but I think bringing your Kronos into the bathroom voids the warranty. "Sorry sir, we cannot accept this. It's been in the bathroom." Smile
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimH wrote:
"Sorry sir, we cannot accept this. It's been in the bathroom." Smile

+1 for the obscure Seinfeld reference...
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: