Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LEDs for sliders and knobs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
dangerousdave wrote:
ozy wrote:
who or what is a "manual"?

http://preview.tinyurl.com/44gnwlz

I checked your link. It's not very helpful. Somehow it confused me further.

You must be from Barcelona. Very Happy
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL - so it could be argued that the Kronos Manual is a paradox......

Owwww........ where's my brain medicine??? Laughing
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
ozy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos Janca wrote:
You must be from Barcelona. Very Happy

que? no hablo espanol. Only english. I learnt it a book!
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a pet hamster?

Called "Basil"?
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
ozy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
Do you have a pet hamster?Called "Basil"?

sshhhhhh!!! Shhh

don't mention that name! Anxious

there are German friends in this forum...
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL - this forum is hilarious!! Laughing

Never let the lack of Kronos information get in the way of a good laugh!!

Got a sneaking suspicion that Sharp will have to delete a whole host of sh1te from the Kronos forum... (not my stuff though - it's all either (a) comedy gold, or (b) worthy and valuable information to be shared with everybody)

I really need to step away from the computer (or cut off my internet connection - I'm meant to be marking practical assessments for my students' qualification! Embarassed
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
Do you have a pet hamster?Called "Basil"?

sshhhhhh!!! Shhh

don't mention that name! Anxious

there are German friends in this forum...

What?? Basil has escaped?
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
Find me a Kronos function missing from the manual and we'll talk. Until then, you're just being a jerk. Seriously. You're making crazy accusations and insane assumptions to drive home a point that is irrelevant. Why?

Hell, I can't remember the last time I pulled out a Korg manual for anything. They're all still in the ziplock bags they came in. I may have pulled out my Triton Classic manual to figure out how to use the vocoder and that's probably the last time.

It's obvious you just want me to shut up, and that's great. Really.

It's not MY job to find a "Missing function" in the machine, nor is it not my job to psychically know if the behavior of an existing function has changed either. That's the job of the person(s) writing the manual(s). I see nothing crazy nor insane about what I've written. They are all COMPLETELY plausible IMO. The point is QUITE relevant! It it weren't I wouldn't waste my time writing this stuff dumbass. you think I'm doing this because I want to beat up on people or make a spectacle? Hell no. But the omission was so BASIC it gave me concern. I appreciate writing a manual of this magnitude is difficult, I just wasn't expecting THAT to be the first mistake found.

Did it ever occur to you perhaps I go deeper into the machines than you do? I like to know what the expected behavior of a machine is. Not just poke around pressing buttons and go "Gee what does this doohickey do?"

The fact that you NEVER opened the manuals for your machines speaks volumes about your posts! Listen, speaking honestly I could CODE the software that runs the Kronos given the necessary information. I have a Masters in Computer Science. I've been using synths and programming for 20+ years. No doubt I could "Figure it out". I STILL WANT AN ACCURATE REFERENCE MANUAL. Period!
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:
Did it ever occur to you perhaps I go deeper into the machines than you do?

Hilariously, no. In fact, I expect you to be a "presets only" kind of guy who needs a manual to do every little thing by your obsessive whining about something that may or may not exist in a manual.

Congrats on your masters. When you get a job, you'll have more important things to cry about then something left *IN* a manual that is obviously an accidental mistake. How do you NOT understand that Korg went to great lengths to document every new function in the Kronos and while merging it into the OASYS manuals, forgot to remove something? How is that possible?
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is telling me that you two aren't going to see eye-to-eye on this Laughing
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Korg will add a LED expansion later, something like:
- LED strips so you yourself can add the LEDs to the casing.
- Buy a new casing for the Kronos which has LED strips
- A simple LED flash light so you can shine the light yourself on the spots where a LED strip supposed to be according to the manual. In this case you can even make multiple keys light up ... or the audience.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
NuSkoolTone wrote:
Did it ever occur to you perhaps I go deeper into the machines than you do?

Hilariously, no. In fact, I expect you to be a "presets only" kind of guy who needs a manual to do every little thing by your obsessive whining about something that may or may not exist in a manual.

Congrats on your masters. When you get a job, you'll have more important things to cry about then something left *IN* a manual that is obviously an accidental mistake. How do you NOT understand that Korg went to great lengths to document every new function in the Kronos and while merging it into the OASYS manuals, forgot to remove something? How is that possible?

You never opened a manual and I'm the presets guy? That's Rich! The "whining" about the manual is to understand the behaviors of the functions contained within the machine that stray from what's accepted as "The Norm". I'm also interested in the implementation of these functions. This is for SOUND DESIGN, I like to actually THINK about what I'm doing with purpose instead of just twiddling knobs like a beatz kiddie.

Oh btw, been happily programming for years at my job. And since I have one, my time is precious and I expect accurate manuals.

So what great lengths do you think Korg went to when they are talking about LEDS that DON'T EXIST on the machine? My money is still on freshly written pages for the new stuff and "Find and Replace" for everything else.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:
You never opened a manual and I'm the presets guy?

I realize with ALL of that M50 experience under your belt you've got a pretty good handle on sound design, but some of us have been using Korg products since the early 80's and have matured WITH the products. From the Triton onwards, the touch screen interface makes programming a breeze and having a basic understanding of synthesis combined with the logical layout of their programming interface makes manuals pretty useless, unless you don't understand sound design, synth terminology, etc. I also understand Korg products at a hardware level and spend more time reading/studying their service manuals than owner's manuals.

Since this is such a HUGE issue for you, I would recommend you contact Korg Japan directly and lodge a formal complaint that there was an errant paragraph about LED's that don't exist and maybe they can fire somebody or give you a reward or something. Will that make you feel better? And obviously your only point in all of this is to make a HUGE issue out of it. Otherwise, you wouldn't still be obsessing about it. We heard it the first time you said it. We all agree it shouldn't be there. So why do you go on and on about it? Attention.

Keep fighting those windmills, Don.

Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised to see how much that sentence means to some people... Shocked So Dan, please DON'T correct it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: