Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keyboard Stands
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starlin

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Keyboard Stands Reply with quote

Hi.

While I'm anxiously awaiting my Kronos 88, I've been looking at stands to replace my generic 'X' stand that's in my apartment.

Basically, I'm mostly going to be sitting and playing and rarely moving the instrument (to gigs).

http://www.amazon.com/Stage-KS7150-Table-Keyboard-Stand/dp/B000EXIMFI

Has anyone had any experience with this stand?
The reviews on Amazon + Sweetwater (which is $35 more) are all fantastic - but was curious what people on this forum thought.

Thanks in advance!
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about that one, but I've been using this Z-stand by Quiklok (first with my M50-88, and hopefully, soon, with a big K) and have been very happy with it:

http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=97&sName=Z-716L

Very sturdy, and one big advantage is that you can "modularize" it by adding all sorts of accessories (second tier, shelves, space for rack gear, etc. etc.).
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err... looks cheap and not something I'd like to trust holding my keyboards.

My vote would be for a V, Z (which CfNorENa mentioned) or an Apex Stand.

My 2 cents, X Stands should me made illegal as the look awful. Smile

Regards
Sharp.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but they double as a waitor stand!

Very Happy
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CfNorENa wrote:
Don't know about that one, but I've been using this Z-stand by Quiklok (first with my M50-88, and hopefully, soon, with a big K) and have been very happy with it:

http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=97&sName=Z-716L

Very sturdy, and one big advantage is that you can "modularize" it by adding all sorts of accessories (second tier, shelves, space for rack gear, etc. etc.).

+1. This is all I use also. I've had drunks fall on it and my keyboards have never budged. NO OTHER STAND could take that kind of abuse. And since we're talking about the Kronos, it pays to get something substantial.

And technically, I'm using the Z-726L

I also use the boom mic add-on...

Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Keyboard Stands Reply with quote

Starlin wrote:
Hi.

While I'm anxiously awaiting my Kronos 88, I've been looking at stands to replace my generic 'X' stand that's in my apartment.

Basically, I'm mostly going to be sitting and playing and rarely moving the instrument (to gigs).

http://www.amazon.com/Stage-KS7150-Table-Keyboard-Stand/dp/B000EXIMFI

Has anyone had any experience with this stand?
The reviews on Amazon + Sweetwater (which is $35 more) are all fantastic - but was curious what people on this forum thought.

Thanks in advance!

I have this stand and it is pretty sturdy. Have also installed the 2nd tier and it holds 2 keyboards just fine. It's a lot heavier than it looks in the Amazon ad. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
joe in VA

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am torn between the Quik-Lok that McHale endorses and this one from Hercules:

http://www.herculesstands.com/keyboards/KS400B.html

I believe the Hercules has a slightly higher weight capacity as well as cost.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe in VA wrote:
I am torn between the Quik-Lok that McHale endorses and this one from Hercules:

http://www.herculesstands.com/keyboards/KS400B.html

I believe the Hercules has a slightly higher weight capacity as well as cost.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either one. They both support MUCH more weight than needed. I like the Quik Lok because I could add the second tier and the mic stand easily. I don't have to worry about sound guys providing crappy mic stands and it's consistent every time.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Starlin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank you all for your help, advice and links.

If I recall correctly (BIG if) on the quik-lok ones I think that there is a 'music stand' addon - which would be beneficial as well.

Anyway, thanks!
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starlin wrote:
Well thank you all for your help, advice and links.

If I recall correctly (BIG if) on the quik-lok ones I think that there is a 'music stand' addon - which would be beneficial as well.

Anyway, thanks!

Yup. And I have a TON of 'em here. If you ever come through IL, you can have as many as you want!

-Mc
Starlin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

So I'm looking at the Quik-Lok site and see this -
http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=96&sName=Z-716

A _perfect_ setup for me.

But the 729 (the stand add-on) is no longer manufactured and can't find it in the 'usual' music stores, at least in NY...any ideas?

But, again, thanks for the point in the right direction.

McHale wrote:

Yup. And I have a TON of 'em here. If you ever come through IL, you can have as many as you want!

-Mc
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starlin wrote:
Thanks.

So I'm looking at the Quik-Lok site and see this -
http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=96&sName=Z-716

A _perfect_ setup for me.

But the 729 (the stand add-on) is no longer manufactured and can't find it in the 'usual' music stores, at least in NY...any ideas?

For the z-729 to work, you also need the z-720 accessory bar (which further adds to it's stability). I'm dead serious, if you'll cover shipping, I'll send you one (or more) for free (and that goes for anybody on here). I have more music stands than I have keyboard stands since the people I sold stands to didn't want them. I don't use sheet music so I don't use them either.
amosdef

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can vouch for the Quik Lok Z stands. I have one at home and it's great for an 88 key weighted synth on the bottom and a 61 key on the 2nd tier. Virtually no movement in any direction when using the accessory bar.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 200 pound drunk woman pass out, fall and land on one of the Z's. The stand didn't even slide. An Apex stand would have toppled immediately. Most stand would.
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vouching for QL Z stands... I have one with the shelfs for my studio monitors.. DREAM. COME. TRUE.

Funny.. i got it when i bought my Triton PROX used (came with it!).... I usually have my board tilted on a double tier x stand... so I threw this one in the closet, let the accessories find there way into many other closets, studios, what not...

I got my Triton extreme now... And my buddy gave me his TANNOY monitors.. and I couldn't get them at a proper height on my desk (and having my TEX way up there sucked..)

Then i thought.... man! I need to find that old Z stand! And I couldnt find so many pieces Sad

Luckily i found them within a week... and i've NEVER been happier! I am gonna buy the second tier for it and go buy a KARMA most likely!

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: