Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has KORG FORUMS influenced your decision in buying.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Has access to KORG Forums now, and knowing you will have future access helped you make your decision on the KRONOS.
Yes it has, and I'm buying one.
48%
 48%  [ 36 ]
Yes it has, and I'm not buying one.
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
No, the forums play no part in my decision to proceed with buying one..
42%
 42%  [ 32 ]
No, the forums play no part in my decision NOT to proceed with buying one..
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 75

Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Has KORG FORUMS influenced your decision in buying. Reply with quote

Hi all.
I'm just courious to know how much the forum functions as a tool to help people make up their minds, so I would ask that people please take part in the following Poll.

Thanks.
Sharp.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be absolute - either YES or NO. For some it may be a contributing factor, and yet that is not offered as a poll choice.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lougheed.
Have another quick litte look. I'm asking if having access to KORG FORUMS now, and having future access has ****Helped**** you make your decision.

This is the “contributing factor” your looking for. I'm not asking if KORG Forums is the only reason why your buying or not buying.

Regards
Sharp.
Mystic38

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps laughed meant that while the forum helping yes/no is an absolute, the decision to buy a Kronos is not, (for example) "the forum does help but I have not made my mind up yet whether to buy the Kronos.. Smile

Which funnily enuf, would be my vote!
Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Hi Lougheed.
Have another quick litte look. I'm asking if having access to KORG FORUMS now, and having future access has ****Helped**** you make your decision.

This is the “contributing factor” your looking for. I'm not asking if KORG Forums is the only reason why your buying or not buying.

Regards
Sharp.

The problem is that in the subject line is says "Post subject: Has KORG FORUMS influenced your decision in buying."

I read that, then the choices, and frankly missed the imbedded question, which is somewhat different - "Has access to KORG Forums now, and knowing you will have future access helped you make your decision on the KRONOS."

Anyway, it is now clear and I will be able to vote with confidence!
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is somewhat of a tough question (although I voted in the poll).

To me, this forum is extremely valuable and is an important part of buying a Korg product. I don't necessarily think of it just tied to the Kronos -- to me it adds to the value of any Korg product purchase.
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry but no,

I bought a Fantom G, then started reading the RolandClan FG forum.

WHile I have been to the korg forums frequently, I was interested in the M3 I had bought. Now I reading the Kronos page, daily, but here again after I've purchased he workstation.

I use the forums to stay aware and update, I don't make purchasing decision from this forum.

I let product specification sheets, magazine reviews and applications (needs) make my decisions.

Actually, the price point is the primary source along with my wife's permission

Rolling Eyes
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
dangerousdave

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd already decided to buy one, but I was going to buy the K73. After spending a bit of time on the forums, I decided to go for the K61 instead.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps there should be an option:
-Korgforums has helped me to decide that I want one, but I won't be buying one.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
gjvti

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't vote this poll Smile I'm still not sure if I want Kronos and forum doesn't help me wanting it more. At one hand Kronos offers hardware midi synchronized audio recording (multitrack/not multitrack? - I mean can it record two external stereo streams at once?) - the feature I'm looking for at most. Also as the bonus Kronos has some interesting sound engines. But overall image and purpose of Kronos to me still look blurry. If Kronos had some additional motivators such as triton arps or programmable Karma/Karma3 and multitrack or audio (with time stretch) RPPRs - this would make me really interested in it as it would offer something what I can't do with my current setup. Kronos for only audio recording may seem too steep, when there are supposed to be at least two alternatives for that - MPCs and Elektrons Octatrack. Anyway I'm waiting for Octatrack stable OS and than will decide which direction to move.

Maybe someone can recommend some other solutions for midi synchronized audio recording and interactive loop+direct playback - less costly and smaller footprint? Mobile like SOS would be awesome - but as far as I know none of these mobile recorders has midi sync.
gjvti

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
Perhaps there should be an option:
-Korgforums has helped me to decide that I want one, but I won't be buying one.

Smile +1
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the forum has helped me decide, but I was swaying towards a Korg product anyway.

And if I'm being honest, the most influential people in this process have been RichF and Danatkorg.
For the simple reasons that -

1. I don't know many people on the forum anyway - although I'm picking out the "characters" quickly: it can be challenging to pick out the bullsh1t.
2. Rich was the one with the videos.
3. I went for the people who actually KNOW about the instrument.

Where the forum WILL come in handy, is when we (the purchasers) get our machines - the information flow and discoveries will be fantastic.
Up to now 95% of the chatter has been entertainment value and airing frustrations - nothing concrete.

The Autumn (or "Fall" for our US customers) will be a great time - darker nights: time to get busy with the Korg!
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
afr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd already decided to buy one, but this forum is an important resource of
information and help me to understand and discover more about Kronos
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely want one, but will buy it only if european prices will not differ too much from the US prices and if early adapters do not report any "no-go" issues during the next weeks.
Thus the forum has and will have some influence on my final descision.

But I wouldn't reduce the value of this forum to the "buying decision" question. I'm very grateful to many of you who have quickly analyzed what thie Kronos is and can do and those who provided audio/video demos, tips&tricks, and fun!
This forum rocks Cool
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
section4

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that RichF and Dan takes their time with answering questions here it's fantastic !

.. and I must say, Ozy.. you really make this forum fun to read Very Happy
Other gear: Akai S6000, Akai VX90, Kawai K5000S, Virus TI, Roland D-110, Roland MKS-30 + DT200
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: