Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has KORG FORUMS influenced your decision in buying.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Has access to KORG Forums now, and knowing you will have future access helped you make your decision on the KRONOS.
Yes it has, and I'm buying one.
48%
 48%  [ 36 ]
Yes it has, and I'm not buying one.
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
No, the forums play no part in my decision to proceed with buying one..
42%
 42%  [ 32 ]
No, the forums play no part in my decision NOT to proceed with buying one..
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 75

panrixx

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
Ironically, I've just bought a DX7s Laughing

..............- toying with using it as top tier with my Kronos.... don't know yet.

Same here Scooby. Paid £200 for my DX7S, but it was in the best condition I've seen for a long time.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well mine turns up tomorrow - needs a new battery, but I'm quite handy with a soldering iron and screwdriver, so I'm looking forward to playing tomorrow.

Have you got an editor for it yet? I'm using DX7 librarian

just sourcing loads of sounds etc Smile
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
Sharp wrote:
Quite interesting results so far.
I’d be interested in hearing comments from those who say the forums play no part in their decision to proceed with buying one, or not buying one.

Like… what are you using the forum for if that's the case. What motivates you to even read about the Kronos here if it plays no part in you buying or not buying?

Regards
Sharp.

I base my buy/no-buy decisions on features and a company's track record. Korg has been around a long time and I have owned dozens of their products. I have not always been 100% happy with my Korg stuff, but I like how they continue to innovate where others appear to stagnate. Yes, the Kronos reuses a lot of Oasys technology, but the Oasys (and its hefty pricetag) was necessary to get Korg to the point where they could offer something like a Kronos at a decent price. I have been waiting for a lot of years for a keyboard that incorporates the typical ROMpler stuff, sampling, Hammond emulation and a VA engine with lots of flexibly routable effects and seamless sound transitions. The Kronos has all of that, hence my interest in the keyboard.

I generally use forums to ask questions if I'm trying to accomplish something and I'm stuck. I like to read about things that others have discovered or are having trouble with. I also really appreciate it when somebody from Korg (Dan or Rich) is here answering questions. I own a Motif XS6 and visit the Motifator forums because Phil (bad mister) is there handing out a lot of very useful information...same with a couple of the Kurzweil forums.

You've got to admit that there isn't a whole lot of useful information in the Kronos forum here. What I do see is a lot of pointless rambling and speculation about what Kronos is or isn't sprinkled with some bitter criticism of Korg for having a typo in the manual or the choice of CPU (among a lot of other things). I can't speak for others, but I find that stuff a huge turnoff and am coming here less and less as a result.

+1.
All of it.
I had pre-ordered before joining these forums.
Dan, Rich, Jerry and often others lending real expertise is invaluable, however.
panrixx

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
Well mine turns up tomorrow - needs a new battery, but I'm quite handy with a soldering iron and screwdriver, so I'm looking forward to playing tomorrow.

Have you got an editor for it yet? I'm using DX7 librarian

just sourcing loads of sounds etc Smile

I'm sure you are more than capable of changing the battery but this may help a little

http://www.alexannesty.com/dx7s-battery-replacement.php

No, I have not got an editor yet and what you're using is no good for me as I use a PC rather than a MAC.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one - seen this site (great resource imho)

FWIW, check this one out - looks very good indeed (looks like a fellow-korg forums user)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.sims/
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the forum is a valuable resource, but until I know what the true capabilities are of the machine past marketing and play it, hear it, and feel it (RH3) my wallet stays parked.

I'm VERY excited about it, and want to buy one. That said, it still has to pass the muster in person. The specs have to pan out to real world results. This is why I'm not a "Pre-order" guy even though I have the cash to buy one today if I wanted.

The youtube videos have been encouraging, but it's only part of the story. The forum is useful to read everyone's problems, successes, and information they've found that hasn't been released or discussed much.

It's also good seeing a strong Korg Presence on an unofficial forum!
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No influence here, I bought the Oasys based on videos on the net. The Kronos is the same for me with extras.

Vas
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it doesn't to much, money is the factor I watch. I am only influenced to spend more or less time here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: