Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balanced Out TRS cables?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Balanced Out TRS cables? Reply with quote

orpheus2006 wrote:
Lou wrote:
That's right, but what about the vocal tracks you want to monitor?
You would connect the mic to one of the analog inputs. There's actually an "audio" button that lets you easily control the audio inputs. See page 521 of the param guide for more details.

I see where you are coming from now and this is a good way to do it.
I really don't want to by-pass my Ensemble/Avalon 737, so this wouldn't work for me, but very good setup indeed. Thanks.
drchris

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

In my original question I didn't give all of the details of my planned setup. The mixer I am planning to use also serves as a digital interface with the computer for audio out (can also send audio in). As was mentioned, the mixer will allow me to use the Kronos without the computer on occasion (it is a MacBook Pro and sometimes has jobs other than running my studio software). I was planning to use the audio over USB from the Kronos to the MacBook for recording purposes (also MIDI over USB). Other inputs like Mic, Bass, etc. could go through the Kronos, or go through the mixer to the MacBook. I like the suggestion of going through the Kronos, however.

Working out the details of my setup seems to be a good use of time while waiting on the Kronos!
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: