Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Someone is one step closer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Someone is one step closer Reply with quote

I had sweetwater take my name off the Kronos 61 and 88 lists so someone on both lists are one closer to getting theirs!
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Someone is one step closer Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I had sweetwater take my name off the Kronos 61 and 88 lists so someone on both lists are one closer to getting theirs!
Why?

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were going to buy both versions?
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then, that leaves you with the 73 or nothing. You didn't say?
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for my daughters cleft pallet operation, a priority for me!
I was undecided which I wanted so I was on both lists. I was leaning heavily towards the 88, but this is way more important and with insurance changes it will be a bit more expensive out of pocket. My kids and wife always come first, in the end that makes me happiest. I'll have my Kronos next year maybe even later this year.

Plus I get to spend more time with the manual and reading how you guys overcome the initial obstacles! Someone send me a high res picture of the 88 when they get please!
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play to you mate Cool

The very best of luck to you, your family, and most importantly, your daughter.
Nothing compares.

Dan
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands down, the right decision!
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are an awesome father. Best wishes to your daughter and your family, and here's to hoping you get your Kronos soon!
ozy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:

Well done, Dad, and best wishes to your Princess.

when one makes this kind of choices,

life usually turns the right way.

So, you'll probably get the money for buying everything you need. Not now, but it will happen.

And until it happens, you are probably wise enough to fully enjoy what you are currently able to buy.

Real Life is the best remedy to both GAS and GUS (Gear Unsatisfaction Syndrome).

It's good for honing composition skills as well.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's good for honing composition skills as well.

Funny you said that because i am working on a spaghetti western tune now! Almost there!

Anyway thanks everyone I was hesitant to post this as I mentioned it might go this way a month or so ago and a few fired me up pretty quick. I think it is refreshing to see there are some reasonable and responsible people on this board! I really look forward to hearing what you all come up with on your Kroni!

Keep the joints lubes and the keys a burning! Bertotti![/quote]
RichF

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I was undecided which I wanted so I was on both lists. I was leaning heavily towards the 88, but this is way more important and with insurance changes it will be a bit more expensive out of pocket. My kids and wife always come first, in the end that makes me happiest.

Your priorities are in good order, you'll enjoy your Kronos more if your family is happy. I hope all goes well with the operation.
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly he should win the what would i do for a free korg kronos comp !!!! Sod all them stupid dancing around in fairy costumes and stupid cheap video effects ... This guy is a deserved winner !!!

RichF wrote:
Bertotti wrote:
I was undecided which I wanted so I was on both lists. I was leaning heavily towards the 88, but this is way more important and with insurance changes it will be a bit more expensive out of pocket. My kids and wife always come first, in the end that makes me happiest.

Your priorities are in good order, you'll enjoy your Kronos more if your family is happy. I hope all goes well with the operation.

13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSUNAMI thanks but no that wouldn't be fair. I didn't do anything many other good dads or mothers on this board wouldn't do for their kids. I don't play a keyboard now just futz around with my sons cheap little yamaha PSR. I will now have time to finish a good music table, and find a good teacher to do group lessons with my kids. Until then I'll just snag a cheap old piano and fix it up a bit, nothing in there I can't build or fix myself, well time permitting of course. Kronos will be my first new and good keyed instrument!

Happy memorial day everyone in the states and abroad all of us around the world owe at least a bit of our life to someone who fought for us at some time or other.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSUNAMI wrote:
Honestly he should win the what would i do for a free korg kronos comp !!!! Sod all them stupid dancing around in fairy costumes and stupid cheap video effects ... This guy is a deserved winner !!!

RichF wrote:
Bertotti wrote:

Agreed - whole heartedly.

Korg: "What would you do to own a Kronos?"

Answer - "be patient for another year, enjoy my colleagues reaction to it in the mean time, because my daughter comes first".

Of course it's a no brainer for you, and not put you on the spot Bertotti or to be corny or to be flippant about such a correct family decision - nevertheless you said it Bertotti with true and genuine humility among friends here and with nothing but good wishes - so there would not be a more deserving winner.

(but let's not put you or Korg on the spot here either). Just - Kudos to you.

Kevin.
jamsire

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Jamsire from Staten Island NY saying...................... Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
TSUNAMI thanks but no that wouldn't be fair. I didn't do anything many other good dads or mothers on this board wouldn't do for their kids. I don't play a keyboard now just futz around with my sons cheap little yamaha PSR. I will now have time to finish a good music table, and find a good teacher to do group lessons with my kids. Until then I'll just snag a cheap old piano and fix it up a bit, nothing in there I can't build or fix myself, well time permitting of course. Kronos will be my first new and good keyed instrument!

Happy memorial day everyone in the states and abroad all of us around the world owe at least a bit of our life to someone who fought for us at some time or other.

Not only will I take a picture of my 88 Key KRONOS when it ships and arrives, I'll name a patch after you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: