Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Consumption
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LivePsy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimH wrote:
Thoraldus wrote:

60 watts x 24 hours = 1.440 KWH x 30.6 days = 44 KWH x ~$.10 = ~$0.44 per month. Cheap insurance. Wink

My Korg PA has been turned off twice for a total of 4 minutes in 8 months.

It's not about the money. It's about the mindset of wasting energy. I see people in my office routinely go home for the night or even the weekend without turning off their office light or computer. We could probably easily reduce energy needs (and accompanying pollution) by 10% if people just adjusted their thinking to stop being wasteful.

I have supported computer networks for 30 years and I know from experience that computers which are never switched off last longer. It seems counter intuitive, but you actually use less energy having computers always on but in low power mode overnight than totally switching them off each night. That turn on in the morning is a brief but significant spike. It is evident to me that well designed equipment uses less energy and is less stressed if they let themselves go to sleep. The Kronos doesn't do that, but I'm saying it is not necessarily wiser to switch things off. And I'm suspicious of the moralizing implications of being 'wasteful'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: