Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Controlling VST's via Korg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nowtime

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Controlling VST's via Korg Reply with quote

I presume all the Tritons, M's and O's/Ks work the same way, and I'm trying to get ready for my new setup with my Kronos.

I am having trouble sending Program Change messages. When sending to NI's Absynthe (via Ableton Live from my Trex) absolutley nothing happens. When sending to String Studio, as I step through Korgs' combis, the String Studio programs move up incrementally.

I can't understand why PC messages are being sent by combis when EXT2 is not set, but track is set to INT

I was under the impression that the prog/combi had to be setup with a track sending to EXT2 with bank and program information. I setup a combi to do that , but playing with different bank and prog numbers makes no changes to the VST.

I am hoping to ultimately have a mess of Slots on Set List which pull up the appropriate Kronos patch, the VST's preset (with automatic control of parameters via Kronos' 8 knobs!?), and also some with splits with Kronos on the left and the VST on the right. Should be do-able, I hope. Easy enough.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Program change by default will be sent on the global channel reflecting the synth's current status. so you change to combi 023, and it will send patch change 023.

EXT timbres apply when working with different channels - you can send patch change 102 on one timbre on one channel, and then patch change 046 on another channel & timbre for example.

EXT timbres also transmit their mixer level and pan settings, which is useful for setting up things perfectly but can also sometimes cause problems.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
nowtime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this should be moved to the Extreme forum, but it's probably applicable to the Kronos, too.

So what would be the best way to setup custom patches designed for choosing presets in a VST: via songs, combis or progs?
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked that Absynthe responds to program change commands? It seems obvious, but not all soft synths do.

jg::
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: