Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA3X in stock, Australia
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve m

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: PA3X in stock, Australia Reply with quote

Turramurra, Bavas and others are advertising PA3X currently in stock. Bavas price is $AU 4899 for a 76 note model, I'm sure the others may discuss price match for a deal. Anybody buying one ?

Kurzweil K2000, Yamaha CS1X, Minimoog, Oasys76, GEM Promega 3, Korg PA3X, Kurzweil PC3K8
Too many toys are never enough!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve

I'll maybe buy one after I've played it. PA3X is not due until August so these must be preliminary advertisements. No way will I order "sight-unseen".
(Kronos looks like it is coming out cheaper than the PA3X.)

$4899 is a pretty good price for 76-note - BH locally still advertising their PA2X for $7,999 Confused Confused

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope I have one now..Been playing it for about two hours now!!

Dennis
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miden wrote:
Nope I have one now..Been playing it for about two hours now!!

Dennis

How is it so far?

miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

Beautiful!!! They have upgraded the keybed from the PA2 (speaking for the 76 note model only) much better.

The legacy sounds and styles sound about the same maybe slightly tweaked and so sound a tad better, but the new styles and sounds are superb...The guitars and basses have been improved out of sight!!!

They are now very close (VERY!!) to the T4, which I have also had at my house recently for a two weeks. The T4 OS is NOT very "live" friendly, and I really could not get used to 61 notes, or the plastic casing..

There is STILL nothing that comes close to the Korg Songbook!!!!

Some of these new styles man, awesome...So much so that a couple are going to replace my Midi or MP3 backing tracks. They actually sound BETTER than the midi file....

If you get one, you will see what I mean.

Still playing around with it, and resetting my SB entries to match the new style locations...Have not looked at the vocal functions yet (one of the reasons I went for it)

I have used the Adaptive Vocal tech from TC on another device and it is sweet as!!! And the Voice Live Two harmony engine (again used on another device), is a huge improvement on the one in the PA2.

Man, seriously, PA 800 and below, owners would "wet themselves"!!! As it is I moved from the PA2 and I am very, VERY impressed.

And the finish on the thing is beautiful. No plastic..All aluminium.

I don't know how they did it (as I think it is the same hardware) but the touch screen is so much quicker and responsive. I also like the more modern fonts used in the lettering. Reads really well.

I am happy to provide further updates if you guys want. That's about all I have had time for so far!!

Dennis
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dennis, thanks for the initial review. Still not in stock in USA, so still waiting for mine.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miden wrote:
Hi Sam,

Beautiful!!! They have upgraded the keybed from the PA2 (speaking for the 76 note model only) much better.

The legacy sounds and styles sound about the same maybe slightly tweaked and so sound a tad better, but the new styles and sounds are superb...The guitars and basses have been improved out of sight!!!

They are now very close (VERY!!) to the T4, which I have also had at my house recently for a two weeks. The T4 OS is NOT very "live" friendly, and I really could not get used to 61 notes, or the plastic casing..

Some of these new styles man, awesome...So much so that a couple are going to replace my Midi or MP3 backing tracks. They actually sound BETTER than the midi file....

Still playing around with it, and resetting my SB entries to match the new style locations...Have not looked at the vocal functions yet (one of the reasons I went for it)

I have used the Adaptive Vocal tech from TC on another device and it is sweet as!!! And the Voice Live Two harmony engine (again used on another device), is a huge improvement on the one in the PA2.

Man, seriously, PA 800 and below, owners would "wet themselves"!!! As it is I moved from the PA2 and I am very, VERY impressed.

I don't know how they did it (as I think it is the same hardware) but the touch screen is so much quicker and responsive. I also like the more modern fonts used in the lettering. Reads really well.

I am happy to provide further updates if you guys want. That's about all I have had time for so far!!

Dennis

Wow! It sounds really really good man. I can't wait to get my hands on one. That was some good news for sure.

Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PraiseTheLord wrote:
Hi Dennis, thanks for the initial review. Still not in stock in USA, so still waiting for mine.

Graham,
It's kind of weird. Guitar center has only the optional speaker in stock so far!

Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miden wrote:

Man, seriously, PA 800 and below, owners would "wet themselves"!!!

LOL! Dennis. Congratulations on your new Pa3X. Dammit, I just blew a wad on a vacation. The missus rules more often than necessary round here sometimes. Wink
steve m

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just bought a 76 note version and have arranged to pick it up tomorrow morning. Anybody want a Roland G70 ?

Kurzweil K2000, Yamaha CS1X, Minimoog, Oasys76, GEM Promega 3, Korg PA3X, Kurzweil PC3K8
Too many toys are never enough!
Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
miden wrote:
Hi Sam,

Dennis

Wow! It sounds really really good man. I can't wait to get my hands on one. That was some good news for sure.

Sam, there is rumors about a new update soon which will be available. The rumor is the new function "HD-Recording", with up to 32 tracks Very Happy

Screw yamaha anyway... I have had yamaha before, and I really hate it Evil or Very Mad ...Well I don't <3 It is a great keyboard.. But Korg is the princess who I will marry soon Smile

Regards, Ronny
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronny!

32 Tracks HD recording!
Whow.

When?

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Ronny!

32 Tracks HD recording!
Whow.

When?

Hello my friend! Just a rumor
Would be a dream though.. Hope it is true Very Happy

Regards, Ronny
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PraiseTheLord wrote:

No worries Smile

Just to clarify a few points though -

I was talking about individual sounds being very VERY close to the Tyros 4. The T4 still shades the PA3 especially with the SA sounds. As for the rest (as in non SA, and non DNC/Rx) both keyboards are about the same, with the PA shading the T4.

On the overall sound (as in what comes out the front as a total package) the PA3 is better than the T4, feels more in the moment, and some of the longer style sections available on the Korg do make a difference, less repetition.

However the actual style programming on the T4 is better, although the new styles on the PA3 are again very close. The legacy styles are not.

And there is still NOTHING that compares to the Songbook for live play work...all the guys who will quote the Yammie registration system, have obviously never SERIOUSLY worked with the Songbook!!

The T4, whilst sounding (again, overall "out front" sound - not individual instruments in isolation) more live and dynamic than its predecessors, I still found a bit too "balanced".

The WAVES audio tools package is very very good, as is the harmony/vocals engine from the TC Voice Live II series.

Chord sequencer is okay, but a bit awkward to use on the fly, especially when it requires the simultaneous pressing of two buttons (from a group of three) to start it, then pressing them again to stop the recording, and then another simultaneous press of a different two buttons (from the same group of three) to start it.

As a live tool I would have expected single dedicated tabs, as if you miss slightly the pressing of the buttons it doesn't start...I guess it's one a user will have to get used to, but Korg COULD have done this much better.

The keybed (76) is a brand new one and totally surprised me. It is much better than the PA2 and better than anything now on the market. Apart from the concave key top, even better than the G70.

Also they have upgraded all the panel buttons I think, as they all feel rather solid, and less "plasticky" than the PA2. They are also far better grouped for live play as well.

Righto that's about it for now. just wanted to clarify things a bit further.

Dennis
ozzie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an email from Billy Hyde regarding stock.

For those in Melbourne:
1 @ Billy Hyde Flemington
1 @ Billy Hyde Blackburn

For those in Sydney:
1 @ Billy Hyde Newcastle
1 @ Billy Hyde (Pitt St ) on its way
1 @ Billy Hyde (Camperdown) on its way

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: