Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos shipping in Canada?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Screw this: Reply with quote

marianghioda wrote:
I'm sure that Kronos will sell VERY well, but a warning to KORG, don't forget that you have a complete line of products being sold worldwide, and if people will overlook bad business just to get a flagship like Kronos, when will come down to your other products, they will not choose a Korg product, if you piss them off.

I guess, like a lot of your worldwide customers, I'm pissed off not with the product quality, but with the lack of communication, and in case you didn't notice, it's 2011, everybody LIVES online.

Couldn't agree more.

Just as you and Teh Nick and padking said: it's about communication.

And it makes no sense at all to destroy the reputation of a very fine product (we ignore the data wheel for a moment here) by weird delivery mismanagement.
Teh Mick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn the Nova Musik site is down
Roland JD-990
Novation Remote SL Compact
marianghioda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Mick wrote:

Call them 1-414-270-1948
I hope you can get the last one, this morning when I ordered mine they had one left, besides mine.
Teh Mick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marianghioda wrote:
Teh Mick wrote:

Call them 1-414-270-1948
I hope you can get the last one, this morning when I ordered mine they had one left, besides mine.

I am going to look a good online retailer this weekend and increase the limit of my credit card ;P
Roland JD-990
padking

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hy

I read the post of teh mick, you are in Mtl
as I am could you inform us about your research
to buy in the US, what is the custom cost for
instance, I know it's possible to order from sweetwater, for about 75.00$ delivery charge
but dont know about custom ????

Thanks!

Padking
donjuancarlos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a small $200 MIDI keyboard from Sweetwater once and had it shipped to Canada. They use UPS. UPS charged $121 brokerage and taxes. Needless to say, I won't do that again. If I can find a good deal on a 73 when they come out, I will cancel my preorder, order one, have it shipped to a US address, and then go down and pick it up.
Teh Mick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I decided to be patient and wait for the Canada shipment. I don't want to ship my keyboard to the US if it ever break or getting a replacement data wheel Wink
Roland JD-990
padking

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do same, with the reports about the
wheel and rattles, I'll try it in the store before
buying, and if I have any problem I wont
have to send it to .......

that's the way the old cookie crumble......

Padking
ilpaoletti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Welcome in the club!

Korg Europe is just as much a total organisation mess as Korg Canada.
It is obvious that Korg is practising a two class society, with MASSIVE different treatment of US customers towards the rest of the world.

Europeans, just like Canadians, are treated like nobodies not even worth naming conrete delivery data, while lots of packages have already arrived in the US. Pure Korg impertinence!

I for one will not forget that treatment for a long time to come, take that for granted.

korg Europe is even worse. The official prices for kronos were released only in late May - early June and still we do not know anything about shipping to Europe, so we're a second-class market Exclamation
Furthermore, the price for Europe with the dollar exchange rate is 1:1 when 1 euro = $ 1.4, however these are korg's trade policies. Evil or Very Mad

Anyway I'm waiting for test the new kronos and then probably I'll buy it.

Regards
Teh Mick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the product manager of Korg Canada responded me and he told me they would indeed get a shipment this month but the retailers doesn't know where they are in the "waiting" list.

Here's an extract

Quote:
Yes, we have a shipment coming this month, however the retailers may not know where they are in the "line up" so to speak. One retailer may have been more optimistic than the other. Once the Kronos arrives, we will be putting something up on our page, facebook and twitter, so you will have the heads up.

Roland JD-990
FGTH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my Canadian and European friends if makes you feel a little better, here in South America(Brazil), we don't even know when the Kronos will be available.

Just to give you an idea how bad is customer service here in my country, let's say somebody needs a copy of the manual. They don't have a PDF on the website to download in our language. But they will charge around US$ 200,00 for a printed copy.

Just want to make it clear that this is not KORG, but another company that has the rights to distribute KORG here. But is really bad here. KORG equipments are by far the most expensive here(compared with Roland and Yamaha).

They overcharge everything and after the ridiculous amount of import taxes that we pay, it's much cheaper to import directly from the US, even if you lose any right to warranty here. Because they only honor warranty for products imported by them and purchased here. Crying or Very sad
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donjuancarlos wrote:
I ordered a small $200 MIDI keyboard from Sweetwater once and had it shipped to Canada. They use UPS. UPS charged $121 brokerage and taxes. Needless to say, I won't do that again. If I can find a good deal on a 73 when they come out, I will cancel my preorder, order one, have it shipped to a US address, and then go down and pick it up.

You'll still get nailed for duties and taxes at the border when you come back with your Kronos - unless you're good at telling stories Wink No broker fees at least
donjuancarlos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rrricky rrrecordo wrote:

You'll still get nailed for duties and taxes at the border when you come back with your Kronos - unless you're good at telling stories Wink No broker fees at least

I see that now. I took a look around the net and found that it will cost me 6% duty+ 5% GST to bring a board up here. Still may be worth it with some of the discounts I've seen floating around this forum...
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donjuancarlos wrote:
rrricky rrrecordo wrote:

I see that now. I took a look around the net and found that it will cost me 6% duty+ 5% GST to bring a board up here. Still may be worth it with some of the discounts I've seen floating around this forum...

Ya, maybe, but if you have a good relationship with the guys at Long&McQuade, Cosmo, or Steve's, they will usually knock off a few points... I usually get 10-15% off big ticket purchases. Just ask up front, they want the sale as much as you want the K.

We have a strong Canadian dollar working in our favour as well Very Happy
donjuancarlos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could get 15% off, it probably wouldn't be worth it to go down to the states. I guess I'd better do some homework.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: