Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos shipping in Canada?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
padking

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Had almost the same answer just 10 minutes ago from Korg Canada within 2 weeks Question

Padking
marianghioda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FGTH wrote:
Well my Canadian and European friends if makes you feel a little better, here in South America(Brazil), we don't even know when the Kronos will be available.

Just to give you an idea how bad is customer service here in my country, let's say somebody needs a copy of the manual. They don't have a PDF on the website to download in our language. But they will charge around US$ 200,00 for a printed copy.

Just want to make it clear that this is not KORG, but another company that has the rights to distribute KORG here. But is really bad here. KORG equipments are by far the most expensive here(compared with Roland and Yamaha).

They overcharge everything and after the ridiculous amount of import taxes that we pay, it's much cheaper to import directly from the US, even if you lose any right to warranty here. Because they only honor warranty for products imported by them and purchased here. Crying or Very sad

Yeah, but you have all the hotties dancing that Brazilian samba to your music. That makes us more than even.
Teh Mick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called my retailer at lunch break. They told me August but he didn't known begin or end of August Sad

Get your s**t together Korg Canada !
Roland JD-990
Novation Remote SL Compact
donjuancarlos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my salesguy said it was looking like September. I may just pick one up in the States when I go down in a couple of weeks.

I wouldn't blame Korg Canada for this. Korg Japan has simply chosen not to supply the keyboards to them.
Teh Mick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would mind less if I was still piling money to get my Kronos 61, but I have the money for a while to buy it, in fact since I preorder back in March/April
Roland JD-990
Novation Remote SL Compact
marianghioda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.....I did good I guess......I didn't wait for the Canadian retailer. Novamusik was quick to ship, I paid them US $2799 . Shipping was $200 in 2 days. I ended up paying $140 more then if I would waited here in Canada, and that money went to FedEx as brockerage charges.
Just want to mention that Long & Mcquade here is just great, but Korg Canada sucks. I bought in spring the Roland Gr-55, I got it in the same time as the guys in SUA.
By the way, AMAZING combination, GR-55 nd Kronos....I can't believe that I'm doing the stuff that I'm doing with my guitar....
donjuancarlos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marianghioda wrote:
So.....I did good I guess......I didn't wait for the Canadian retailer. Novamusik was quick to ship, I paid them US $2799 . Shipping was $200 in 2 days. I ended up paying $140 more then if I would waited here in Canada, and that money went to FedEx as brockerage charges.
Just want to mention that Long & Mcquade here is just great, but Korg Canada sucks. I bought in spring the Roland Gr-55, I got it in the same time as the guys in SUA.
By the way, AMAZING combination, GR-55 nd Kronos....I can't believe that I'm doing the stuff that I'm doing with my guitar....

So do you have it? maybe you're the first in Canada...
marianghioda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

donjuancarlos wrote:
marianghioda wrote:

So do you have it? maybe you're the first in Canada...

Of course I have it....since June 11 and IS GREAT.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marianghioda wrote:

And what do you do if there is a warranty issue?
marianghioda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lougheed wrote:
marianghioda wrote:

Haaaaaa........
You mean that I have to ship it back to the States to have serviced. No big deal. I DO have full warranty, I registered it on my name on my friend's US address. In the end they deal with you by E-Mail, so even making up an address would work. I DO have the purchase receipt from SUA. Also, people move, you know...

Over the years I had a few things that needed serviced here in Canada. Of course, the warranty is covered by the manufacturer, not the store where you bought the item. So, I had to ship the item to Toronto, wait for 6 months until they ship it to SUA, Europe or Japan, have it fixed, and then ship it back to me.

I guess I just cut the middle man, and save myself the trouble of dealing with Korg Canada.....small potatoes compared with Korg USA.

Now, I might sound biased towards USA, but believe me I would gladly buy everything here in Canada, but even though the CAD$ is worth more than the US$ we still get the short end of the stick. So until that changes, I will save my time and money and buy wherever is cheaper.
donjuancarlos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lougheed wrote:

Take my chances. In my experience, computers/electronics either fail right away or last. I will (hopefully) have the better part of a week to break in the Kronos. After that, it's probably just going to be issues with the cheap switches, like on the Triton. I'm happy to replace those myself. If it's really bad, then I will drive down to the States. I have 2 sisters who live there, I should visit them once in awhile... Plus, it's hard to pass up the 15% off deal at GC with free shipping...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: