Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG ARRIVAL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash and the Spam is talking like a completely clueless child since appearing here. He has nothing serious to contribute and there's no need to waste time with answering him.
Neko

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What to expect from someone who writes in large font size and bold text ?
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIGN* DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS *SIGN
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lesfarrington

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: OUT OF MY SYSTEM Reply with quote

OK, I got FLASH IN THE PAN outta my system. what a moron.
ANYWAY, LETS GET BACK TO THE KRONOS.
TIME FOR THE GRIPES.
THE TOUCHSCREEN AND ITS FUNCTIONS CONFUSE ME.
here you have installed this beautiful color screen and made no effort to actually put it to real good use.
FOR INSTANCE, lets say that i am in need of a slower envelope on the filter or a shorter release on the AMP. I finger the ENVELOPE tab and VIOLA...A GRAPHIC REPRESENTATION. SO i touch it...NOTHING. I reach over and adjust the very HANDY SLIDERS and NOTHING. WHY WOULD YOU NOT MAKE THE SLIDERS HANDLE THIS FUNCTION SO THAT EDITING WOULD BE A BREEZE. i can see SO MANY instances where the Knobs and Sliders would really come in handy working in Tandem with the onscreen Graphics. INSTEAD i am asked to fingertip each little box and then reach over and turn the dial and watch the Graphic Envelope display respond. THIS REALLY COULD BE MUCH BETTER IN SO MANY WAYS.
I am STILL SOLD ON THE SOUNDS! Truly i LOVE Them. I have loads of software, GREAT STUFF. i have a MOOG and this Kronos really does give it a run for its money! ALL IN ONE UNIT (take that Mr Flash Boy).
ALSO THERE IS NOT A TRASPONSE BUTTON ON THE THIS THING ANYWHERE> Sad.
But again THIS THING KICKS SOME MAJOR ASS SONICALLY! its capable of executing very fine CHURCH arrangements and then turn around and it could be onstage with Kraftwerk. Ive been impressed with gear before but this thing is really outstanding.
THE SEQUENCER is effective but Terribly Convoluted. Korg has tried to put TOO MUCH ON THE SCREEN AT ONCE. I would have put DEDICATED screens for things like SOUND AND EFFECTS CHOICES....then one screen dedicated COMPLETELY to COPYING AND PASTING. and speaking of....SURELY you can do something KINDA similar to the way LOGIC AUDIO does things. TOUCH a portion of the SEquence and it grows to edit more accurately. COPY and PASTE could be done the same way. ITS A TOUCH SCREEN! GIVE IT SOME HELP.
and again let me say that I AM NOT AT ALL REGRETTING MY PURCHASE!
I HAVE MONEY SO I SPENT IT...(Im guessing FLASH IN THE PAN cant afford such a thing as KRONOS with his paper route and taco bell salary).
NEXT IVE GOT TO DECIDE ON EITHER THE JUPITER 80 OR THE ARTURIA ORIGIN KEYBOARD FOR MY TOUR! LUST LUST LUST.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: OUT OF MY SYSTEM Reply with quote

lesfarrington wrote:

lets say that i am in need of a slower envelope on the filter or a shorter release on the AMP. I finger the ENVELOPE tab and VIOLA...A GRAPHIC REPRESENTATION. SO i touch it...NOTHING. I reach over and adjust the very HANDY SLIDERS and NOTHING. WHY WOULD YOU NOT MAKE THE SLIDERS HANDLE THIS FUNCTION SO THAT EDITING WOULD BE A BREEZE. i can see SO MANY instances where the Knobs and Sliders would really come in handy working in Tandem with the onscreen Graphics. INSTEAD i am asked to fingertip each little box and then reach over and turn the dial and watch the Graphic Envelope display respond.

Hi les, congratulations on your Kronos. I don't have one in front of me, but from what I remember of the Oasys, you fingertip your parameter and either from the Value slider to the left of the screen
or the rotary, make your adjustment. Korg would have had to put a whole new section in the Control Panel to accommodate what you are suggesting.

Quote:
No there is no dedicated button on the CS but I believe there is an Octave selection on the Main, Play page..

Quote:
THE SEQUENCER is effective but Terribly Convoluted. Korg has tried to put TOO MUCH ON THE SCREEN AT ONCE. I would have put DEDICATED screens for things like SOUND AND EFFECTS CHOICES
How about the Tone Adjust screen? Also, there is a specific FX page.
Quote:
SURELY you can do something KINDA similar to the way LOGIC AUDIO does things. TOUCH a portion of the SEquence and it grows to edit more accurately.
If I recall there is a ZOOM tool on screen. Logic is a complete dedicated DAW. Perhaps we will see some additions coming down the pike..
drchris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: OUT OF MY SYSTEM Reply with quote

lesfarrington wrote:

So is there a software setting for transpose? Sometimes this is useful... like when you brought the wrong chord chart and don't really want to transpose every chord on the fly...

I don't have my Kronos yet (88 on order), and my manual is on a different machine. Just curious as to what you've found about this.

BTW, thanks Les for your great insights. We want to hear both the positive and negatives that you guys who are getting your instruments find. You've got a nice balanced approach. Keep the info flowing! We'd love to see a little youtube video if you ever got time.

Thanks,
Chris
Flash & The Pan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: OUT OF MY SYSTEM Reply with quote

lesfarrington wrote:
OK, I got FLASH IN THE PAN outta my system. what a moron.
ANYWAY, LETS GET BACK TO THE KRONOS.
TIME FOR THE GRIPES.
THE TOUCHSCREEN AND ITS FUNCTIONS CONFUSE ME.
here you have installed this beautiful color screen and made no effort to actually put it to real good use.
FOR INSTANCE, lets say that i am in need of a slower envelope on the filter or a shorter release on the AMP. I finger the ENVELOPE tab and VIOLA...A GRAPHIC REPRESENTATION. SO i touch it...NOTHING. I reach over and adjust the very HANDY SLIDERS and NOTHING. WHY WOULD YOU NOT MAKE THE SLIDERS HANDLE THIS FUNCTION SO THAT EDITING WOULD BE A BREEZE. i can see SO MANY instances where the Knobs and Sliders would really come in handy working in Tandem with the onscreen Graphics. INSTEAD i am asked to fingertip each little box and then reach over and turn the dial and watch the Graphic Envelope display respond. THIS REALLY COULD BE MUCH BETTER IN SO MANY WAYS.
I am STILL SOLD ON THE SOUNDS! Truly i LOVE Them. I have loads of software, GREAT STUFF. i have a MOOG and this Kronos really does give it a run for its money! ALL IN ONE UNIT (take that Mr Flash Boy).
But again THIS THING KICKS SOME MAJOR ASS SONICALLY! its capable of executing very fine CHURCH arrangements and then turn around and it could be onstage with Kraftwerk. Ive been impressed with gear before but this thing is really outstanding.
THE SEQUENCER is effective but Terribly Convoluted. Korg has tried to put TOO MUCH ON THE SCREEN AT ONCE. I would have put DEDICATED screens for things like SOUND AND EFFECTS CHOICES....then one screen dedicated COMPLETELY to COPYING AND PASTING. and speaking of....SURELY you can do something KINDA similar to the way LOGIC AUDIO does things. TOUCH a portion of the SEquence and it grows to edit more accurately. COPY and PASTE could be done the same way. ITS A TOUCH SCREEN! GIVE IT SOME HELP.
and again let me say that I AM NOT AT ALL REGRETTING MY PURCHASE!
I HAVE MONEY SO I SPENT IT...(Im guessing FLASH IN THE PAN cant afford such a thing as KRONOS with his paper route and taco bell salary).
NEXT IVE GOT TO DECIDE ON EITHER THE JUPITER 80 OR THE ARTURIA ORIGIN KEYBOARD FOR MY TOUR! LUST LUST LUST.

Taco bell?..ha,ha,ha...excuse me C.E.O....f*ck You too, f*ck*r...ha,ha,ha
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a matter of time..

Sharp, I think it's time to empty the trash!

Last edited by Lou on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: OUT OF MY SYSTEM Reply with quote

lesfarrington wrote:
WHY WOULD YOU NOT MAKE THE SLIDERS HANDLE THIS FUNCTION SO THAT EDITING WOULD BE A BREEZE.......ALSO THERE IS NOT A TRASPONSE BUTTON ON THE THIS THING ANYWHERE>.

From any Program, press the CONTROL SURFACE tab (right side of screen).
Press TONE ADJUST (tab onscreen or physical button).

Here you will see that the sliders and buttons have been assigned to Filter, Amp, etc. You can make changes with these and WRITE program to save the changes.

Dedicated Transpose buttons would be really helpful. In TONE ADJUST, you can set a Slider or Button to +/-60 semitones (10 octaves).

For live performance, you should set Switch 1 and 2 (above your ribbon) to transpose. To do this:

In Program mode, press BASIC/VECTOR tab (bottom row on touchscreen).

This will bring up new tabs on the upper row. Press CONTROLLERS tab.

Next to SW 1, press the Arrow and select OCTAVE DOWN.

Next to SW 2, press the Arrow and select OCTAVE UP.

WRITE program to save.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

audioird wrote:
The more I read about the Kronos the more I think we should buy :

- the Korg Legacy VST suite
(to get the MS20, polysix and others)
- Ableton Live
- Komplete 7
- a controler keybord

and use the computer we already have

this way we save money and get a more powerfull setup

instead of buying this Kronos.

It sounds like a keyboard synth/workstatiion is not for you at all.

I already have all the products you mention and I am still buying a Kronos.
lesfarrington

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Dear Mike Conway,,,,, Reply with quote

Mike Conway you are a walking instruction manual. Thank you! I am sure I would have found that information but here you are like an info-angel bestowing new love for the Kronos. I love it already but you just gave me a boost. You have an Oasys right? Nothing like a big fat piece of hardware to get us outta the box. It's getting harder and harder to work on music and not feel like I'm watching TV. Now my synth has a TV....hehe. I wasn't real crazy about having an iPad till I got one and it's really much more organic than I initially thought. The Kronos has given me the same feeling. It's really liberating. I can't get over how much better this sounds than anything I've heard in a digital synth. It sounds like sizzling cyber-bacon. It has taken me 2 full days to go through the available sounds and every sound has X/Y joystick, modulation joystick, and ribbon effects that are sometimes extreme and hafdcore. I've always thought of Korg as kinda "softy" synths. Not anymore. And the drums are very impressive. Well sampled and engineered. The added bonus of the optional ambience really does inspire. I am going to try recording vocals into it Sunday but I have a show tomorrow. Sunday! Oh, poor flash in the pan.....I'm guessing his deferred adjudication punishment includes the mandate that he uses the screen name flash in the pan. I would have been more discriptive about it and made him use Splash in the Bowl". Kids.......sigh. So many hangups, so little money
shap

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: OUT OF MY SYSTEM Reply with quote

lesfarrington wrote:
I finger the ENVELOPE tab and VIOLA...A GRAPHIC REPRESENTATION. SO i touch it...NOTHING.

Les: just so you know, the touch on this display is resistive, not capacitive. Which means it cannot do multitouch, so it cannot do iPad like stuff. If they were starting today, my guess is that Korg would go multitouch, but at the time they froze the bill of materials, the price of capacitive displays was still prohibitive.
lesfarrington

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: I can't stop myself. Reply with quote

There are some real smart folks on here! Thank you! I was going to bed at 2am but I thought I would check mike conways advice and check it out. I ended up playing with sounds. This thing I as far from disappointing as anything I've owned. It continues to surprise me. The synth programming is deep! There's so much to this monster it's going to take years to exhaust it if ever!
dangerousdave

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not clear on the transpose situation.

There's one of my band's songs that we changed the key of, and I've never bothered relearning my parts in the correct key. With my old PSR, I just used key transpose and saved the settings. Now I can recall the settings, including transpose, at the touch of a button.

Is it going to be possible to save a user Combi that includes key tranpose on the Kronos? Or is the only way to do it through Global (which is obviously not restricted to a particular Combi)?
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, Les! Get some sleep. Laughing

dangerousdave wrote:
Is it going to be possible to save a user Combi that includes key tranpose on the Kronos?

Press TIMBRE PARAMETER tab

Press PITCH tab.

You'll see TRANSPOSE for each of the 16 sounds. Set what you want and save it - WRITE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: