Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Programming from scratch?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amosdef

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Programming from scratch? Reply with quote

I'm looking to get into programming some simple patches from scratch to get a feel for the various synth engines. Is there a way to change the engine in any of the INIT programs? Or are they only set up for HD1 and I'll have to use a preset with the specific engine loaded already? If so, if there are any basic programs available already for download, I'd appreciate a link. Thanks! I did find a bank of AL1 sounds that had an INIT program in it from http://www.knect.ie/OASYS.html which was very helpful.
Teh Mick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can change engine when the bank is set to EXi mode. Go into the basic tab of the Common section and you'll see options to switch the engine used by EXi 1 and 2.

For more info, look at the manual Smile
Roland JD-990
Novation Remote SL Compact
amosdef

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at an HD-1 program and it wasn't letting me change the engine. It works fine for EXi. It seems to reset to an INIT type patch when the engine is changed, which is exactly what I was looking for. I've been checking the manual whenever needed, but it's not always clear where I should be looking, so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick is to set up the bank type first from Global mode. You'll need to go to the Basic page and click the top-right menu button. Choose "Set Program User‐Bank Type" to override the built-in bank types and toggle back/forth between HD-1 and EXi.
Then, like the previous posts mentioned, just choose the appropriate engine from the new INIT patches on the Common page (they default to VL-1).
Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: