Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Kronos comes Wednesday (in Germany)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and meanwhile... the rest of us will just have to be patient, it's not as if the delayed delivery is stopping me from writing Very Happy
SoulBe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well under German law you have warranty for 2 years but only against the seller/dealer who made the contract with you. If the manufacturer gives besides that a special warranty then you might have a direct claim against him. Only if a product is faulty and causes further damage you have claims against the manufacturer. So in my eyes it is not clear, that the national Korg distributor etc. will be in charge. But maybe it is different in international sales law?

just my 2 c

best regards
SoulBe
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the distributor is the one liable for warranty BUT ..... why could Korg UK not fix it agree that there is a genuine warranty issue and claim back the cost of the repair from say Korg USA ???
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RKfan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think that the distributor is the one liable for warranty BUT ..... why could Korg UK not fix it agree that there is a genuine warranty issue and claim back the cost of the repair from say Korg USA ???

Exactly!
ArminH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was ist das alles für ein Eiertanz - Korg sollte sich schämen!
RKfan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Was ist das alles für ein Eiertanz - Korg sollte sich schämen!

Yes its a shame we are all in Limbo - shame is a big thing in Japan - Korg Europe dont seem to have a Japanese ethic.
operaman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update that my Kronos is on track to be here tomorrow. Plus, with the released German prices I feel even better about my purchase.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

operaman wrote:
Just an update that my Kronos is on track to be here tomorrow. Plus, with the released German prices I feel even better about my purchase.

I'm interested in the import / VAT (BTW) / Shipping costs. How much is added for all of that?

I'm from the Netherlands and it might be worthwhile to import it from the US. Never had a problem anyway with a Korg I owned (X5, N264, Triton Extreme, M50)

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
operaman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
operaman wrote:

I'm interested in the import / VAT (BTW) / Shipping costs. How much is added for all of that?

I'm from the Netherlands and it might be worthwhile to import it from the US. Never had a problem anyway with a Korg I owned (X5, N264, Triton Extreme, M50)

I will give my total once I have paid everything.
operaman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is out for delivery. The suspense is killing me. I will post pics and the whole nine yards when it arrives today.
Arjan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
Long answer

Your local korg affiliate might try to suggest that as it is imported then it is not covered by a warranty. Do not believe this - it is what we call in the IT trade marketing bullshit - it looks like its legal but it has no legal basis - its smoke and mirrors to scare people. I should know I have worked in the IT industry for a long time and have been involved in writing lots of contracts.

Under Dutch law only the person/company that you bought from (directly) has any legal obligations with regard to warranty or quality of the goods in general. That means that not even the importer/distributor has any responsibilities (unless you buy directly from them), let alone Korg Japan, but only the actual shop that sold you the goods.

So if you buy from Sweetwater or Nova Musik in the Netherlands you will have to return it to them for any warranty issues. That is how it is, unless the manufacturer (or importer) will take care of warranty issues on a voluntary basis.
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - you bought the machine from Korg!

it is a Korg Kronos - the global organisation has made a profit from your purchase - you are entitled under consumer law in most countries to seek redress for non-functining equipment from the manufacturer - which in the case of all Kronoses is Korg - the warranty information supplied by Korg could be deemed in a court of law to be deliberately misleading - note also that this a company policy - not a law.

Look at it like this - if you bought a medicine from a pharmacy and it poisons you - you need to report it to the drug company that made it - not the pharmacy (actually you should report it to them too so they can pass on the report, but the actual liability lies with the manufacturer not the supplier since they didnt know the medicine was dodgy in the first place), the same applies to keyboards - ultimately the buck stops at the manufacturer.

With all the knobs falling off, load times, creaking keybeds etc - Korg might even be considering at this moment some recalls - poor old Jahrome in Japan (US citizen) should be getting a new rotary knob soon.

As I have said before companies are usually reasonable about warranty and I am sure Korg will be too. Unfortunately they need to be reasonable about the EU prices too - but currently they are not being so - and this is why people will consider importing.
operaman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid with tax and shipping 2271.91 EU. I am pleased. Still wondering about the Power Supply before using it.
operaman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serial Number 112.
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

operaman wrote:
I paid with tax and shipping 2271.91 EU. I am pleased. Still wondering about the Power Supply before using it.
Thanks for sharing this info. And have fun with your new baby! Cool
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: