Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Touchscreen Review Resolution, size navigation???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Kronos Touchscreen Review Resolution, size navigation??? Reply with quote

Well after owning this for a short time..I got off to a good start with my data wheel coming off as others have mentioned. I was impressed with the physical size of the screen and quality looks good but thats it. The tabs and larger icons for selection are fine. However, everything else is crammed on the page and my ability to navigate is very limited. The Print size really sucks!! KORG< Is their anyway in hell to change the resolution of the screen or the brightness at all?? And yes I calibrated the damn thing!!

The resolution is very sharp and crisp however the print is about the size of the date on a penny. Seriously, I can read less than half of the writing on any given page. If you can read a coin date from a foot or so away on an angle ..and correctly touch the date, as if to make a selection you will be OK> I cant... and I wear contacts but still have to wear reading glasses myself and reading it is still really difficult ..and an eyestrain. Also the unadjustable screen angle really sucks as discussed earlier since you must be almost directly overtop of it to identify icons..real backbreaker. My fingers are smaller than most and as you can see..but it is hard to touch the correct value, icon or info..and forget seeing it..unless you have 20/15 vision. . I have an Iphone and use it fine, but this is about half that size.

I had an M3 and OASYS and was OK with the screens...but not this!! This is supposed to be a workstation where you edit,etc but I find the screen almost ridiculous to even use for simple Program and Combi editing. I guarantee that if you look at this screen longer than an hour or you will get a headache from eyestrain. I find it hard to believe anyone would say any different!! Total aggravation!

I spent 5 mins trying to find the Pads which is located ..or I should say crammed under the EQ/Vector Control tab.,,which doesnt make any sense?

I am so ready to throw this back in the box and wait for the Jupiter 80. Im pissed..and cant believe some dumbass designer/engineer would put this kind of interface touchscreen on a keyboard that otherwise has nice sounds and other features. What good are the features though if you cant see them or touch them. THey need to include a free pair of reading glasses or screen magnifier with every purchase. And YES I would pay $400-$500 more dollars to have a better resolution screen at a correct viewing angle!!
ANyone know how to change the resolution from microscopic.. to just tiny??

Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you are having difficulty sparkie. Maybe you will adjust to it.
Give it a little time..

Why does it say 'Samples Not Loaded"?
rob314159

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The penny definitely puts some perspective on it. Could be tricky to get used to. I know possibly not the most convenient under certain circumstances, but would a stylus work better for accurate poking of the display?

Now I'm lining up pennies on the table and seeing how accurate I can poke the dates on them. Very Happy
panrixx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have a stylus from an old Palm Tungsten I was thinking of using when things become too small.
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My eyesight is pretty poor, and I fully expect to have some problems with the screen. But I don't think that is going to surprise me. The size, angle and resolution of the screen have been known for months now. I go into the purchase knowing I may have to wear my reading glasses and do a bit of leaning, and I am ok with that. I don't even think if the screen were an additional inch in diameter that it would make a lot of difference.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bach42t

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everything will be sorted out when Korg releases Kronos Extreme featuring TouchView 3D Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:

I was in User G with nothing loaded there..
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos Touchscreen Review Resolution, size navigation?? Reply with quote

Okay, now you've got me wanting to take a penny out to make a comparison... Just for fun.

Kronos screen:

OASYS screen:

I have no idea how close this is, but I kept the Kronos penny a bit larger than the OASYS penny.

rob314159

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's quite a difference.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, you are looking at perspective as the entire OASYS screen is larger in physical size including the lettering because of the larger size screen... I had an Oasys and everything on the Kronos is smaller..

Its like they took everything, icons and printed size on the larger OASYS screen and made it smaller to fit in the smaller size Kronos screen. Plus the OASYS has the movable screen.
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
Its like they took everything, icons and printed size on the larger OASYS screen and made it smaller to fit in the smaller size Kronos screen.

In their defense, they did increase the screen resolution. But still -- Mike's pics definitely put the change in perspective (if you'll allow me the expression)....
taurgo Production

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

i had the same problem you have to go to the global setting and make sure in KSC auto load that there is a check mark in the box preload.KSC.

if that dont work do a factory reset that will work the best.
Chriskk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In their defense, they did increase the screen resolution.

That's the problem. A higher resolution on a smaller screen = microscopic text. Korg should have redesigned how information is displayed on the Kronos.
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriskk wrote:
Quote:
In their defense, they did increase the screen resolution.

That's the problem. A higher resolution on a smaller screen = microscopic text.

Good point.

Chriskk wrote:
[Korg should have redesigned how information is displayed on the Kronos.

Agreed. Or given it a bigger screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: