Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Touchscreen Review Resolution, size navigation???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robinkle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the interface is hopefully possible to update. If there was possible to tap any section on the screen to zoom in it would make it better.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating seeing the difference between the two screens - thanks for the pics Mike!
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidnightPackage wrote:
My eyesight is pretty poor, and I fully expect to have some problems with the screen.
[...]
But I don't think that is going to surprise me. The size, angle and resolution of the screen have been known for months now.

I haven't got a Kronos yet.

My eyesight is pretty poor, too.

The size, angle and resolution of the screen can't be changed. But an OS update can bring bigger fonts and bigger virtual buttons on the touch screen.

Korg, please...
JimH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
The size, angle and resolution of the screen can't be changed. But an OS update can bring bigger fonts and bigger virtual buttons on the touch screen.

True, theoretically. But things would then not fit on a page and they have to split them onto more pages. A LOT of UI rearrangement work, plus updating the manuals. But if you find the UI unusable now, I guess more pages would still be better. I'm just saying it's one of those things easier said than done.
Mystic38

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this has been my primary concern for quite a while..

i spend hours at a workstation.. and despite its many flaws, the UI is as good as it gets on the fantom G... had the Kronos an angled screen and font sizing like the FG i would have likely pre-ordered.

i will go still check out the kronos of course as it does have a LOT to offer.. but if i cant work at the workstation then its all moot.. UI is a big deal to me and this one issue will probably stop me from buying the Kronos Sad
Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
Rocness

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Oasys has a secret VGA out put on the back to display to a larger
screen , don't know if Kronos has this or not .
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocness wrote:
The Oasys has a secret VGA out put on the back to display to a larger
screen , don't know if Kronos has this or not .

That would be nice ... for home you can attach a (big) monitor, and on stage where everything is already programmed the necessity of a big screen is a lot less important so the builtin display will do.

However, via DAW it should also be possible to program the Kronos I assume?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chriskk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Yes, with the plug-in editor. But that doesn't excuse the screen's poor visibility at all.
Synthesizedclapping

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the screenshots, in the places where there is text, there is ample room for them to increase the font size without changing anything else.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriskk wrote:
Quote:

Yes, with the plug-in editor. But that doesn't excuse the screen's poor visibility at all.

I have a much harder time seeing things in the the plug-in editor for other korg synths than i do the screens. Everything is very jumbled and tiny in the editor window. Let's hope the Kronos doesn't follow that trend
cachete1966

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Like ipad Reply with quote

This keyboards needs a response and the resolution like ipad...
Capacituve touchscreen, multitouch and zoom with two fingers....
Not a reistive screen....

Its time to......!! Update the screen technology korg.
If the os work in a 75% with the screen...
Well... Put a great screen.. With multiple reqsolution, bright, zoom option, colors.... And a good response.

Please... For the kronos2

The chinese table pc have a better screen..!

Thanks
Arp_

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Korg is not a computer company, they are music company, so the concepts they use for their computer interface are highly outdated.
No multitouch, no scrolling pages, no parameter change by dragging finger, etc, they make interfaces like 30 years ago with monochrome text screens, it's just pages and pages of parameters, without any account for workflow. Want to tweak filter envelope while adjusting filter cutoff? You have to go away to another page and then return back, etc. That makes sense if you want to organize parameters by groups, but doesn't make sense if you want to tweak a sound.
Or, for example, why can't I load and display PDF with sheet music on my screen? There's a full computer with Linux inside, it is fully capable of doing it. But in Korg's interface there is no place for PDF viewing, because it's not some synth parameter that you have to fit somewhere.
Of course, all this applies not just to Korg, but for all music companies. It's sad that they all are so inertial in adopting great new things and concepts from computer technology and interface design.
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthesizedclapping wrote:
If you look at the screenshots, in the places where there is text, there is ample room for them to increase the font size without changing anything else.

And on some screens they could also remove the useless pictures to make more room for the text.
Gribs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 45 and have just hit that point where I really need reading glasses. I use old fashioned glasses all the time (near-sighted) so I am thinking about getting some bifocals. I think the Kronos display looks clear and crisp and is a big improvement over the M3.

I am used to reading small fonts though - I use a high res laptop for work at normal font size (windows) and people often make comments concerning the small fonts.

I have been thinking about the screen angle a lot. For me the whole thing is related to my work area ergonomics and my choice of hardware. My Kronos is on a Quiklok Z-stand that I have loaded with stuff - the keyboard tray, computer monitor stand, shelf, speaker stands, and casters. The stand is such that the computer monitor stand and keyboard tray are fixed (can't move up and down). There is no way really to position the entire thing so that any keyboard on the stand, the monitor, and the computer keyboard are all located at optimal working positions. When I am sitting in the proper position for working on the computer, any music keyboard on the stand is too high - not just the Kronos - for playing or working on patching/sequencing etc. Music workstation ergonomics seems to be very complex indeed. I am not sure there are any perfect solutions for simultaneous playing, programming/sequencing, and computer work. Optimal work for one versus the other seems to require a shift in chair height and a foot stool for the higher position.
Roland RD700-GX
NI Komplete, Kore, Maschine
Eurorack modular that never ceases to grow
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
Lou wrote:
Why does it say 'Samples Not Loaded"?

I was in User G with nothing loaded there..

If I load the exact Bank, I do not get "No Samples Loaded?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: