Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I may be giving in......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: I may be giving in...... Reply with quote

So I just got a decent offer.. it goes against some things i've said before.. but after hearing a lot of audio demos.. I think i may be convinced!

I have an offer to trade:

Triton extreme 76
Radias rack
kurzweil micropiano
m audio keystation 88es
two line mixers i dont use...

for a kronos 61...

Bottom line.. the kronos MIGHT sound better then these boards... Im thinking that may be a yes...

Thoughts?

Would you do it if you were me?

Im thinking that it would be less of financial strain to do this

I bought the triton extreme 61 for 800... (traded it for a 76 with two cases.. not bad... I came out on top there..)
radias for 500
kurzweil for 50 bux
200 on both the mixers combined
250 on the m audio...
thats 1800 bux... less then the kronos.... two times less..
i can easily re buy the radias, and maybe a tex in the future..

opinions... no trolling..

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you would be crazy not to.

The KRONOS sounds nothing at all like the Triton Series. You will have a level of clarity and definition in your sound, performances and sequences you won't find on any other keyboard. Well... I tell a lie as it will sound like an OASYS with additional engines and content. It's hard to explain to be honest. You really won't “get it” until you have access to the KRONOS yourself. Just ask any OASYS user as it's the same story there.

From a systems point of view, the KRONOS is a major leap forward in every mode. Far more complex prog mode, 16 part combi mode, 16 track hdr, 9 sound engines.... and so on...

Radias rack …. fantastic machine but the possibilities on the KRONOS and the option to mix engines far exceeds anything your ever going to be able to get from a Radias.

Regards
Sharp
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do not need 88 keys....grab that deal.

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backing up Sharp's point about 'getting it'. It's not until I had an OASYS that I realised how big, powerful and amazing it sounded. It really is that different!

Also, I don't mind admitting I was completely fazed at first by the parameter depth - I just didn't think a) so many parameters were physically possible and b) I would ever get to grips with them!

Tis the same with Kronos I suspect. Put it this way, if you were considering the trade-in for an OASYS I would unswervingly say yes. So then I must say for the Kronos.

Sharp is also right about the Radias - I have one sitting beside my O and is amazing at what it does. But what it does is a very small fraction of what the O/K can do.
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Radias rack …. fantastic machine but the possibilities on the KRONOS and the option to mix engines far exceeds anything your ever going to be able to get from a Radias.

Apart from for the vocoder, maybe.
SoulBe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would buy the Kronos.
As an Oasys user I also can assure that this synth is sounding the very best and you have a perfect workflow. After starting with Oasys I only partly use my Kurzweil K 2600, my Waldorf Q and my Motif ES 8 is only used as masterkeyboard when piano action is needed; mostly all sounds come from Oasys. And even after 3 years working with O I haven´t scratched the surface on some of its engines......
So - I would get the Kronos and if you need weighted keys hold the 88 or get another weighted masterkeyboard.
Hope that helps

best regards
SoulBe
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jump! Why are you even thinking about it! Just look at how much sh*t you can move out of the way and refine your setup.. grab it.
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: I may be giving in...... Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:
Would you do it if you were me?

Yes. Embrace the "downsize and upgrade" philosophy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: