Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos and a computer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Kronos and a computer Reply with quote

I think this may have been covered before but I haven't had any lucking finding it. My question is when a computer is connected to the Kronos can the display mirror the kronos display, could a person use a laptop to make changes to the Kronos? I ask because I have the glide pad for my mac book pro and think that would be a great way to interface with the Kronos and no having a laptop with one doesn't bother me one bit. Or is this a seriously newb like question?
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
theshinenz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is true all the old blind people will be happy lol.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I though about taking this a bit further...

There are several USB/wireless touch displays available on the market now - You can make the USB display your second monitor on your Mac/PC and run the Kronos editor on that (when it finally becomes available)... hey presto you have a TRUE touch display where you should be able to move the screen sliders, knobs etc instead of selecting a function on the Kronos' screen and then using the data slider to make changes.

NB. This is just a theory, but I can't see why it shouldn't work with a Mimo iMo 10"

UPDATE: Just tried something similar with my iPad and Air Display running Korg Legacy MS20 - Awful lag, very hit and miss with the controls. Basically I think you can forget the whole idea Sad
Gribs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on when the software editor is due for release?
Roland RD700-GX
NI Komplete, Kore, Maschine
Eurorack modular that never ceases to grow
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronik wrote:
I though about taking this a bit further...

There are several USB/wireless touch displays available on the market now - You can make the USB display your second monitor on your Mac/PC and run the Kronos editor on that (when it finally becomes available)... hey presto you have a TRUE touch display where you should be able to move the screen sliders, knobs etc instead of selecting a function on the Kronos' screen and then using the data slider to make changes.

NB. This is just a theory, but I can't see why it shouldn't work with a Mimo iMo 10"

UPDATE: Just tried something similar with my iPad and Air Display running Korg Legacy MS20 - Awful lag, very hit and miss with the controls. Basically I think you can forget the whole idea Sad

I have a Mimo 7" USB Monitor on my custom built keyboard. I am mainly running my own custom software, however I've tried the MS20 plugin on it, and it works beautifully. You can even grab the panel in edit view and slide across to scroll like you would expect to do on an iProduct.

Resolution is almost exactly the same too - the MS20 window fits exactly on my Mimo's 800x480px display, although this is far too small for most other software.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been 3 years now. I'm using a iiyama 19" touch screen, single touch. It's connected to my imac, i send my vst windows to this screen ( dual screen mode) and can control the software with my finger, it's working great!
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased that both of these options work well : )

Hoping that the iMo 10" display is as good as the 7" as it would be slightly perverse trying to use a screen thats smaller than the Kronos!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: