Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(Help)coin stuck under keys

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
biggrime
Senior Member


Joined: 04 Jul 2009
Posts: 389
Location: Richmond, Virginia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: (Help)coin stuck under keys Reply with quote

I made the mistake and allow a 4 year old in my studio. I had the keyboard in reach. Another dumb decision. he put penny in between the keys and now there are like 3 under my keys. They keys work great with no problems but, would be nice to get them out in case I decide to sell. Any way to open the m3 keyboard to get them out?
_________________
Making beats is not a hobby it's a life style

Proud korg kronos 2 owner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
dumeril7
Full Member


Joined: 15 May 2011
Posts: 143
Location: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done it, but given that all the brains of the M3 are in the module, I'm going to bet that there's not nearly as much to remove to get at the keybed. Assuming the keyboard isn't under warranty anymore, and you're reasonably mechanically inclined, and I'd open 'er up and find out. Take good notes. Take pictures as you go. Keep the screws organized and safe from spilling. Putting them in envelopes labeled with where you removed them from is a good idea. Keep the 4 year out of the room (I have a 4YO and a 6YO -- I totally understand). Go slow and methodical. Use the right tools and never force anything.

D7
_________________
http://www.softcloudcove.com/dumeril7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Trinity2112
Platinum Member


Joined: 20 Feb 2002
Posts: 577
Location: Delaware, USA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggrime,

To remove the coins, try these steps:

1. Remove the module. You don't actually need to, but it will make handling the keyboard much easier.

2. Flip the keyboard upside down and set it down on a few pillows. Be mindful of the joystick.

3. Locate the 8 screws (see pic below) and remove them. This should loosen the keybed assembly enough to allow you to shake the coins out.

4. Remove the 5 screws from the round silver molding and get that out of the way. Then it's just a matter of tilting and GENTLY shaking.

5. Once the coins are removed, reinstall the screws. Make sure you turn them counterclockwise first until you hear a click. This will allow them to seat properly.

I hope this helps.


_________________
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J.Q
Junior Member


Joined: 13 Mar 2010
Posts: 57

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW: Is it M3-61 or M3-88 in that picture? My M3-73 doesn't look anything like that. Think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggrime
Senior Member


Joined: 04 Jul 2009
Posts: 389
Location: Richmond, Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dumeril7 wrote:
I haven't done it, but given that all the brains of the M3 are in the module, I'm going to bet that there's not nearly as much to remove to get at the keybed. Assuming the keyboard isn't under warranty anymore, and you're reasonably mechanically inclined, and I'd open 'er up and find out. Take good notes. Take pictures as you go. Keep the screws organized and safe from spilling. Putting them in envelopes labeled with where you removed them from is a good idea. Keep the 4 year out of the room (I have a 4YO and a 6YO -- I totally understand). Go slow and methodical. Use the right tools and never force anything.

D7


THanks Smile
_________________
Making beats is not a hobby it's a life style

Proud korg kronos 2 owner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
biggrime
Senior Member


Joined: 04 Jul 2009
Posts: 389
Location: Richmond, Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinity2112 wrote:
Biggrime,

To remove the coins, try these steps:

1. Remove the module. You don't actually need to, but it will make handling the keyboard much easier.

2. Flip the keyboard upside down and set it down on a few pillows. Be mindful of the joystick.

3. Locate the 8 screws (see pic below) and remove them. This should loosen the keybed assembly enough to allow you to shake the coins out.

4. Remove the 5 screws from the round silver molding and get that out of the way. Then it's just a matter of tilting and GENTLY shaking.

5. Once the coins are removed, reinstall the screws. Make sure you turn them counterclockwise first until you hear a click. This will allow them to seat properly.

I hope this helps.



Thanks I am giving that a try this evening. The picture help a lot
_________________
Making beats is not a hobby it's a life style

Proud korg kronos 2 owner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jazlover
Platinum Member


Joined: 09 Jan 2002
Posts: 1657
Location: Tampa, Fla USA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No workstation stands a chance against a 4 year old. A Sherman tank trembles at the thought of being left alone with a bunch of 4 year old boys.
_________________
“I’m into scales right now.”
John Coltrane
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Trinity2112
Platinum Member


Joined: 20 Feb 2002
Posts: 577
Location: Delaware, USA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Q wrote:
BTW: Is it M3-61 or M3-88 in that picture?


It's a M3-61...which is what BG has.
_________________
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggrime
Senior Member


Joined: 04 Jul 2009
Posts: 389
Location: Richmond, Virginia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggrime wrote:
Trinity2112 wrote:
Biggrime,

To remove the coins, try these steps:

1. Remove the module. You don't actually need to, but it will make handling the keyboard much easier.

2. Flip the keyboard upside down and set it down on a few pillows. Be mindful of the joystick.

3. Locate the 8 screws (see pic below) and remove them. This should loosen the keybed assembly enough to allow you to shake the coins out.

4. Remove the 5 screws from the round silver molding and get that out of the way. Then it's just a matter of tilting and GENTLY shaking.

5. Once the coins are removed, reinstall the screws. Make sure you turn them counterclockwise first until you hear a click. This will allow them to seat properly.

I hope this helps.



Thanks I am giving that a try this evening. The picture help a lot


Okay I tried this yesterday and those screw only unhook the metal panel under the keyboard and not under the keys. The row of screws at the bottom is what I took out to shake the pennies out. Its a tray under the keys. So how much money was it? 3 dimes, one penny, and 2 nickels. The penny was the last and hardest to get out.
_________________
Making beats is not a hobby it's a life style

Proud korg kronos 2 owner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
dumeril7
Full Member


Joined: 15 May 2011
Posts: 143
Location: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad the patient came thru the procedure without complications!

With my kids, that would have been a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, rather than a coin. Wink

D7
_________________
http://www.softcloudcove.com/dumeril7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group