Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who has issues with QC on their Kronos?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Of those who actually HAVE a Kronos in their possession, who has Quality-Control issues?
Data wheel
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Data slider
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Case issues
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
OS issues
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Any other
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
NO issues at all
66%
 66%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 39

ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Who has issues with QC on their Kronos? Reply with quote

As subject really - of those who actually have a Kronos, who has experienced Quality Control issues so far?

Data wheels, sliders, dodgy casing, wierd OS issues?

Would be very interested to see who's got a problem.

Ideally if you could log your serial too, (or the last 3 numbers anyway/some type of masking) and your location......

DAn
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.

Last edited by ScoobyDoo555 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
dangerousdave

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be helpful if there was a 'No Issues' option too, so we can get an idea of what percentage of forum members with a Kronos have had problems.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL - oops. I had done one but not added it to the list Embarassed

Sorted.
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boing
mjames4208

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm good with mine.... the DATA Wheel will come off, so far, only if i pull it off. by the way, that was only one time just to confirm what everybody was saying.
NeKo LX5, Liquid Saffire 56, Motif XS8, Kronos61, A-70, Motif-Rack, FantomXR, MPC5000, R8mkii, Komplete5/6/7/8, Trilian, Total Workstation 2, EWQL Complete Composers Collection, Arturia Mini Moog V, CS-80V, ARP2600V, Jupiter-8V, Oberheim SEM-V, Analog Laboratory, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Yamaha Montage, Epic Orchestra, Flugelhorn, Sonar X2, FW-1884, MIDI Express 128, MPC Renaissance, MachFive3, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Korg Legacy Collection, Machfive 3, Jupiter-80, Moog Sub 37,
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Smile

Sharp - any chance of a temporary "sticky" on this? might be of use......

Cheers,

DAn
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will also leave this up for the next few days just in case people aren't around, but so far, out of all the Kronos sold, only 9 have expressed an interest in the poll, of which 45% have problems......

Sounds like a manufacturing issue on the surface rather than design but the more people contribute, the better the picture....

Dan Cool
Jeff Gibbs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be trying out and likely buying a Kronos at Marshall Music in northern Michigan this afternoon will report back.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's normal the data wheel comes off if you do it intentionaly
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on how easily it comes out.

I have just tried to pull it out on my Yamaha, Roland and Kawai synths. I tried gently (of course I don't want to break a working instrument!), expecting it would slide upwards along its axle, but it fits tight and it didn't even move.

The issue with the wheel on the Kronos is that there is no axle at all. I have only seen pictures of it, but the least I can say from what I have seen is that its design seems flimsy, not to say shoddy...
keywhiz61

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
It depends on how easily it comes out.

I have just tried to pull it out on my Yamaha, Roland and Kawai synths. I tried gently (of course I don't want to break a working instrument!), expecting it would slide upwards along its axle, but it fits tight and it didn't even move.

The issue with the wheel on the Kronos is that there is no axle at all. I have only seen pictures of it, but the least I can say from what I have seen is that its design seems flimsy, not to say shoddy...

Yes. Not that I have pulled off every knob or wheel from every piece of gear I've ever owned, but I've never seen one before that wasn't designed to snap over a post (often to be attached more securely with a screw).

I've never seen one just TAPED on before.
panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far (12 members) 40% have a data wheel problem. I would say that is a fairly clear message for Korg.
keywhiz61

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
So far (12 members) 40% have a data wheel problem. I would say that is a fairly clear message for Korg.

So have any of these members spoken to Korg customer service yet about these issues?

What has been the response?
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:

At this point, I only see 5 members (38%) with this issue.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
panrixx wrote:

At this point, I only see 5 members (38%) with this issue.

That would be my conclusion so far (percentage is a bit misleading imho) - ony 5 people have an issue so far......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: