Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who has issues with QC on their Kronos?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Of those who actually HAVE a Kronos in their possession, who has Quality-Control issues?
Data wheel
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Data slider
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Case issues
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
OS issues
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Any other
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
NO issues at all
66%
 66%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 39

panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
panrixx wrote:
So far (12 members) 40% have a data wheel problem. I would say that is a fairly clear message for Korg.

At this point, I only see 5 members (38%) with this issue.

When I said 12 members I meant 'out of 12 members polled' not '12 members with problems'. Sorry, I should have made that clearer.

I was rounding the figure and at the time of my post there were only 12 members polled, so 5/12 = 41.66%. With 13 now polled the percentage has dropped to 38%.

Last edited by panrixx on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeff Gibbs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went down and spend an hour with keyboard player Al from Marshall Music going over the Kronos 61 so far no hardware problems, the data wheel feels solid, we were both impressed with the keys and the very pristine sound. As a longtime Oasys (and before that a Karma) owner the sound of the Kronos seems very much superior. I have it home now will check back if I experience any problems.
Jeff Gibbs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few hours here is something, don't know if it's a "glitch" but I find that its not so easy to hit the right button on the screen and/or it seems to take a second or two or three for the screen I am trying to get to open up. Similarly the Kronos seems to lag or I am hitting the button wrong on the screen I try to slide the scroll over to get to more for pianos, or synth bass, or more karma choices. It almost like it takes a second to load what I am trying to see. The sound quality is amazing, seems better than the Oasys somehow. Perhaps its only the new samples/engines.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buh-doing!!!
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE FROM RichF

"Hi everyone,

We understand that a small number of our first Kronos customers have a value dial that can be removed too easily. We are acquiring a supply of newly-designed replacement dials, which will be available for free from your local Korg distributor. If your Kronos has a loose value dial, please do NOT use glue or any other kind of adhesive to attempt to secure it, as this can void your warranty. Please also note that this problem has been fixed for current and future Kronos production.

To find and contact your local Korg distributor, please use this link:
http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/

Thanks,
-Rich

Cool
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
keywhiz61

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 23 Kronos owners here so far?
nowtime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fan is unacceptably loud, but my box came beatup and wet, so I presume and hope it is damaged. So I did not vote, since I do not know if it is a QC issue or not.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowtime wrote:
My fan is unacceptably loud, but my box came beatup and wet, so I presume and hope it is damaged. So I did not vote, since I do not know if it is a QC issue or not.

I would suggest calling your Korg Country Distributor to see what they think. Perhaps they have some type of test you can do.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
nowtime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Sweetwater is replacing my Kronos on the next shipment 6/29 because of FedEx's mistreatment of my package.
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah that is great news nowtime ... I cannot imagine how bummed out you must have been to get a damaged package. If your fan is super loud, I assure you that it's damaged, because mine is whisper quiet, and I am very sensitive to such things. Glad to hear it will be replaced so soon. Smile
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news indeed - kudos to the shop.
They could quite easily have passed the buck to the courier and got them to sort it out with insurance claims etc (yes, yes I know - cynical old git!)

Glad it's sorted though Smile

Dan
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see that it's running at about 30% of users have had QC issues.....
dangerousdave

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
Interesting to see that it's running at about 30% of users have had QC issues.....

And most are data wheels, which will be sorted soon. That's good news.
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do NOT know that 30% of users have QC issues. We only know that about 30% of respondents to this thread in this forum say they have issues. That's very different.

This forum, or any forum, can never pretend to represent all users of the prioduct.

It's well-known that many people will only talk about their product or visit a forum if they experience a problem, or have questions. The overwhelming majority of current Kronos owners are probably sitting at home getting to know their keyboard and have no issues at all. Many of these owners have possibly never heard of korgforums.com.

jg::
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, 5 not satisfied out of 7 total...lollllzzz...of course there is a factor
that there might be fakes on both sides.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: