Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quality issues
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kday

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Quality issues Reply with quote

Korg made a big boo boo allowing Wal Mart to assemble the Kronos keyboards just to maximize their profits.

There are way too many reports of the data wheel falling off, 8 is enough like the TV show. Plus the cheap flimsy data sliders and the reported rattling key bed in a new instrument. Maybe they'll install a solid rotary dial on the unit with pins like on other keyboards.

Look at Yamaha and Roland keyboards, they're built like a tank, solid.

Then look at this Kronos, this has got to be the cheapest wal mart made keyboard I ever remember that came unto the market.

You tell me Korg or Wal Mart don't freaking know how to make a solid non garbage data wheel after 40 years in this business? Did they fire all the assembly line workers and outsource their manufacturing work to Nicaragua because of cheaper labor?

I can't believe this...

But don't worry though, all these problems will be fixed in the next upgrade model in two years though. Start saving now, get your money ready because it'll be what you want this time no jive.

Last edited by kday on Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you so upset? Cause you can't afford one? I don't get it. No hardward or software is PERFECT for EVERYONE.

The Kronos is an amazing keyboard. Just a couple of areas where it could be improved doesn't warrant users trashing it the way you are...

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
operaman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: I'm no longer gonna purchase a Kronos because they're ch Reply with quote

kday wrote:
Korg made a big boo boo allowing Wal Mart to assemble the Kronos keyboards just to maximize their profits.

There are way too many reports of the data wheel falling off, and cheap flimsy data sliders for me to invest $3000 in.

Look at Yamaha and Roland keybaords, they're built like a tank, solid.

Then look at this Kronos, this is the cheapest wal mart made keyboard I ever remember that came unto the market.

Why would a serious gigging musician pay $3000 to go onstage and then his data wheel falls off and renders the keyboard garbage ?

You tell me Korg or Wal Mart don't freaking know how to make a solid non garbage data wheel after 40 years in the business? Did they fire all the assembly line workers and outsource their manufacturing work to Nicaragua because of cheaper labor?

I can't believe this...

But don't worry though, all these problems will be fixed in the next upgrade model in two years. Start saving now, get your money ready because it'll be what you want this time no jive.

Just to be clear YOU have tried one? After all you would never come on a forum having not tested the synth for yourself before forming such a defined and harsh opinion right?
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no sense getting all Hysterical and all just because there is a small design flaw with the data wheel???

Why don't you give Korg a chance to respond to the issue and then see where it goes. They may send out a fix, new data wheel, or replace the keyboard.

I've had many Korg keyboards over the years, and they were all built like tanks and where there were weak spots, Korg fixed the issue.

Give them a bloody chance.
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drama queens, they're so cute. Razz
panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read all his/her posts and the general theme seems to be anti-Korg Rolling Eyes
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
Read all his/her posts and the general theme seems to be anti-Korg Rolling Eyes

Well observed!

Korg will not waste time if there is found to be a faulty part batch or production flaw in their flagship.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kday - shut the door on your way out then.
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
jahrome

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm no longer gonna purchase a Kronos because they're ch Reply with quote

kday wrote:

There are way too many reports of the data wheel falling off, and cheap flimsy data sliders for me to invest $3000 in.

Look at Yamaha and Roland keybaords, they're built like a tank, solid.....

Well...I have a Fantom G, I would be happy to sell you. While I have no complaints about the Fantom G's build, which I feel is better than Kronos, the operating system is not great. My Fantom G sits quietly on display in the corner because it looks nice.
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Ludwig van Frankenstein should build a synth monster out of the best parts of the existing synths:

• the synth engines and the sound quality of the Oasys/Kronos
• the SSD of the Kronos
• the sequencer of the M3 Xpanded
• the angled screen and the GUI of the Fantom G
the 'build like a tank' quality of the Yamaha workstations (SY85, W5, EX5, Motif, Motif ES, Motif XS, Motif XF)
• the joystick of the Trinity or Triton
• the Roland PHA III keyboard

and give it additional features:

• the flash RAM of the Motif XF (for the user samples, as an alternative to the streaming from the SSD)
• the ability to read and to upload the extensive Clavia .nsmp Nord Sample Library (Mellotron, string machines, classic synths...)
• the ability to read and to upload the Clavia .npno Nord Piano Library (Bösendorfer Imperial grand piano and French harpsichords...) and to use these samples with SGX-1
• the Variphrase engine and Time Trip Pad of the V-Synth
• the additive synth engine of the Kawai K5000

Last edited by EXer on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
mjames4208

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i purchased mine to create music, not beat it up!
NeKo LX5, Liquid Saffire 56, Motif XS8, Kronos61, A-70, Motif-Rack, FantomXR, MPC5000, R8mkii, Komplete5/6/7/8, Trilian, Total Workstation 2, EWQL Complete Composers Collection, Arturia Mini Moog V, CS-80V, ARP2600V, Jupiter-8V, Oberheim SEM-V, Analog Laboratory, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Yamaha Montage, Epic Orchestra, Flugelhorn, Sonar X2, FW-1884, MIDI Express 128, MPC Renaissance, MachFive3, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Korg Legacy Collection, Machfive 3, Jupiter-80, Moog Sub 37,
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm no longer gonna purchase a Kronos because they're ch Reply with quote

kday wrote:
I can't believe this...

Given you have clearly stated you are not going to purchase a Kronos, any further posts by you in the Kronos forum will be considered trolling.

Thank you.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kday, serious, yes the data wheel is a problem that may or may not be easily fixed, and I dont like the screen angle and or resolution font and icon size.....BUT,... and I say BUT .. the sounds are incredible, Karma, LED lights, and overall big picture of the keyboard is much much better than anything I think that is now available on the market for sale in the same price range or category. Bar None!! True, I havent tried the unreleased Jupiter 80 though...but it doesnt have a sequencer.

Oh Yeah, and the Korg customer service along with Stephen Kay, Rich, Dan and Jerry ++++ are always watching these forums and trying to help whenever they can. Roland and Yamaha dont have a clue re:customer service.

Now take me off the grill as I am done ... Face palm
panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjames4208 wrote:
i purchased mine to create music, not beat it up!

A good point, just leave that to the couriers Sad
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, all the reports about the build quality have me concerned.
For a $3000+ keyboard, it's simply not acceptable if the rumors are true.

I wait til I have my own PERSONAL hands on one to verify. In the meantime I'm hoping these are isolated incidents or Korg has a (Painless) fix in the works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: