Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quality issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laste7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will love the data wheel...and to fix it on my own when it fell off. A Keyboard without any self fixed things doesn't give any live feeling when on stage Smile Can't wait to get my Kronos, hopefully within the next three weeks...
panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laste7 wrote:
I will love the data wheel...and to fix it on my own when it fell off. A Keyboard without any self fixed things doesn't give any live feeling when on stage Smile Can't wait to get my Kronos, hopefully within the next three weeks...

Lars, have you got a method of fixture in mind (that will not void the warranty)?
gurn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want a KRONOS. I'm very happy with my M3m.

But now that there are problems -- I'll be watching for price drops.
If the KRONOS price falls a lot because of this little issue, that is
a buying opportunity.

Korg Kronos-88, Korg M3-88, Kawai K1r (alive), K-1 (dead)

PRS SE Custom 22 Semi-hollow, Fender Jazzmaster, 2015 Gibson Les Paul Special, acoustics
Laste7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I heard you can easily repair it without open the Keyboard, so there is no worry to loose the warranty. Just a little bit Glue onto the mounting...finished. I think, Korg will do the same, when you send it in. As long as the qualitiy issues are just for datawheels and a "loud" noise of the keys when playing I don't care. "Problems" like this are with every Keyboard, also with the expensive ones. Capacitors blowing up or IC melting down, these are problems. Not buying a Kronos because of a piece of plastic? Sorry Smile
keywhiz61

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:

Oh Yeah, and the Korg customer service along with Stephen Kay, Rich, Dan and Jerry ++++ are always watching these forums and trying to help whenever they can.

Yet most of those people have been strangely MIA since the Kronos started showing up in customers' hands a few days ago....

Quote:
Roland and Yamaha dont have a clue re:customer service.

I can't vouch for Roland, but the Motifator forum and resources are vyery very good IMO.

Last edited by keywhiz61 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
panrixx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gurn wrote:

a buying opportunity.

I cannot see any reason that the price will drop due to a few initial issues. They will be dealt with, probably, under warranty. The only reason dealers may reduce prices is if they have overstocked and cannot sell them at the normal price. I cannot see that happening for a while yet.
gurn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
gurn wrote:

a buying opportunity.

I cannot see any reason that the price will drop due to a few initial issues. They will be dealt with, probably, under warranty. The only reason dealers may reduce prices is if they have overstocked and cannot sell them at the normal price. I cannot see that happening for a while yet.

You're probably right.

Personally, I see this as a small problem. A plastic data wheel comes off?
OK. If Korg would drop $500 for that little problem, it's a buying opportunity AFAIC.

A problem with the OS or power supply? Now that would be a serious problem. But I don't see this as serious at all.

Korg Kronos-88, Korg M3-88, Kawai K1r (alive), K-1 (dead)

PRS SE Custom 22 Semi-hollow, Fender Jazzmaster, 2015 Gibson Les Paul Special, acoustics
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keywhiz61 wrote:
sparkie wrote:

Oh Yeah, and the Korg customer service along with Stephen Kay, Rich, Dan and Jerry ++++ are always watching these forums and trying to help whenever they can.

Yet most of those people have been strangely MIA since the Kronos started showing up in customers' hands a few days ago....

Quote:
Roland and Yamaha dont have a clue re:customer service.

I can't vouch for Roland, but the Motifator forum and resources are vyery very good IMO.

Yeah I agree Keywhiz,, looks like they all scattered for the time being Confused

Probably gathering up resources or something.
jemkeys25

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to bad for you then, it's the best board at this price range ever made, i love it,
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keywhiz61 wrote:

What are they supposed to say?

Manufacturing is done in Japan, and any repair issues are resolved through official support channels.

I am sure they will eventually see these posts.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i absolutely love these cannibal troll posts ... it makes me laugh when they try too hard to convince the choir not to sing at church... I doubt a simple data wheel shortcoming will really deter people from buying a kronos... just like the buttons and pads on the M3 didn't deter people from buying that, when the 01/Wfd came out, there were keybed issues, springs not staying in position and keys not springing up, etc. These are all mechanical flaws that can be fixed once and then never a problem in the future. I doubt there's been any workstation that didn't have its own design defects, it's just we hear about them all at once on this forum now when you didn't back in the day before the internet was so prevalent.

seriously, why go onto a Korg Forum and belittle Korg? i hardly think a data wheel falling off makes the rest of the instrument garbage.
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos has blown me away. I received on Saturday but due to school and gigs I didn't get any quality time with it until today. To the person claiming the Kronos is "cheap" I would ask if you are smoking some really bad weed. This instrument is solid. The data wheel is fine for me. I spun it quickly, applied pressure to just one side and it is beautifully intact.

The sliders have a nice tight feel and the key bed for a 61 key is the best i have ever played. I will be MIDI'ing Kronos to a Fantom X8 or PC3x but, I could easily feel at home jamming with this bad girl or taking her to auditions with the existing key bed.I am ordering a Kronos 88 for home use in September - the ONLY time I have EVER used two of the same model keyboards ever.

You know, there will NEVER be a perfect instrument and those that wait for it will wait forever. But, I have finally found the missing component to my rig and it is nice to know that except for getting the 88 for home use, this will be the last workstation I will buy for MANY years.

Thank you Korg for an exquisite instrument!

Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
keywhiz61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
keywhiz61 wrote:

What are they supposed to say?

A simple acknowledgement that there is a problem would be sufficient at this point.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But at present there isn't enough data to confirm that there IS a problem:
There's been a handful of issues that due to the very nature of forums get blown out of proportion.

That's not having a go, but simply pointing out the facts - hence my thread about Quality Control issues.

So far only 19 people have voted, with a potential 8 issues/11 without.

Let's put this into perspective, of ALL the Kronos sold to date, only 8 have reported an issue on THIS site.

It could be a simple manufacturing error, not a fundamental problem with the machine.

Therefore why should Korg dive in and say that there's a problem? There may not be: it might a few cases, which is ALWAYS the case......

Of course, the more people who report issues, the more compelling the case, but right now, it's too early to tell imho.

Dan
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
keywhiz61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
But at present there isn't enough data to confirm that there IS a problem:
There's been a handful of issues that due to the very nature of forums get blown out of proportion.

And I'm hoping that's all it is. I'll know better tomorrow when my Kronos is due to arrive. I'll report on your thread my results.

Quote:
So far only 19 people have voted, with a potential 8 issues/11 without.

Let's put this into perspective, of ALL the Kronos sold to date, only 8 have reported an issue on THIS site.

But that's also nearly half the people who have reported on THIS site. Is there a reason to think there is a greater percentage of glitchy machines among people who frequent this forum then there would be for all Kronos buyers everywhere?

I suppose it's reasonable that people with no problems would be more likely to NOT participate in your poll, so THAT might skew the numbers somewhat. But I would think that the experiences of the members of this forum should be roughly representative of the world at-large.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: