Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quality issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drchris wrote:
I know I'm relatively new here, and that I don't yet even own a Kronos (88 on order), but it appears to me that Korg has issued an official statement here in public about the data wheel and that changes to the current production runs are underway and replacements for current users are being offered.

For now, the problem should be considered "being addressed" and further posts about this subject should really be put on hold. If the replacement knob comes, and is not an adequate solution, this should again become an issue for discussion. But for now it should be dropped.

To those of you that have had problems, we, the community, understand. You are upset. The datawheel fell off. You're even mad. We get it. Now give Korg a chance to make it right and let the issue go for a while while you enjoy your Kronos.

Wise words, time to move on people Very Happy

Current: Pa5X, Nautilus
Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
jahrome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenomorph wrote:
drchris wrote:
I know I'm relatively new here, and that I don't yet even own a Kronos (88 on order), but it appears to me that Korg has issued an official statement here in public about the data wheel and that changes to the current production runs are underway and replacements for current users are being offered.

For now, the problem should be considered "being addressed" and further posts about this subject should really be put on hold. If the replacement knob comes, and is not an adequate solution, this should again become an issue for discussion. But for now it should be dropped.

To those of you that have had problems, we, the community, understand. You are upset. The datawheel fell off. You're even mad. We get it. Now give Korg a chance to make it right and let the issue go for a while while you enjoy your Kronos.

Wise words, time to move on people Very Happy

You wouldn't feel that way if you had a faulty unit. Its not time to move on until the "few of us" the have problems get the replacement wheels. In fact, I would be happy if Korg actually responded to me emails regarding my wheel..which they haven't. My wheel feel off 3 weeks ago....
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jahrome,

FWIW, the UK are still waiting for common courtesy information about Kronos release......

I can totally empathise with your lack of communication from Korg, but personally, I have taken a "reality" pill and lightened up a bit (at the subtle request of forum members).......

Rich F has put out a post (and wouldn't have done so without Korg's say-so) - this acknowledges the issue and that you need to contact your local Korg dealer(s) to get the replacement part.

A few manufacturing defects in a whole run...... unfortunate? definitely. But it's being sorted.

Personally, I would welcome your report back on how the process goes with getting the replacement/updated data-wheel....... valuable information for others in the same boat:

I feel this is your responsibility, as you were the first poster of Kronos-ownership!!!! Laughing Continue to lead the way, my friend!!!! We're with you every step! Laughing

Dan Cool
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
jahrome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
Jahrome,

FWIW, the UK are still waiting for common courtesy information about Kronos release......

I can totally empathise with your lack of communication from Korg, but personally, I have taken a "reality" pill and lightened up a bit (at the subtle request of forum members).......

Rich F has put out a post (and wouldn't have done so without Korg's say-so) - this acknowledges the issue and that you need to contact your local Korg dealer(s) to get the replacement part.

A few manufacturing defects in a whole run...... unfortunate? definitely. But it's being sorted.

Personally, I would welcome your report back on how the process goes with getting the replacement/updated data-wheel....... valuable information for others in the same boat:

I feel this is your responsibility, as you were the first poster of Kronos-ownership!!!! Laughing Continue to lead the way, my friend!!!! We're with you every step! Laughing

Dan Cool

I did that already...no response from Korg USA or Japan....just an auto reply indicating my messages were received. So a post in a thread about what "may" come doesn't satisfy me regardless of who wrote it. I will ease up by only posting my frustrations in this thread. Because other than that, I like what Kronos has to offer.

I will keep the forum informed (in this thread only) about the process of getting my data wheels replaced.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:

I will keep the forum informed (in this thread only) about the process of getting my data wheels replaced.

I would suggest you call Korg USA (or Korg Japan) on the phone.

When I want immediate action, I use the phone. It is too easy for emails to be put off.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
jahrome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hard to call weekdays because I am in a different time zone.

But I did just receive a personal email acknowledging receipt of my inquiries. I really don't want to clown people that say they are going to assist me..but this is the 2nd time within a day that I get asked the same questions when I already provided that information (ie, name, serial #, etc). This is from two different companies.

Ok...time to sleep. I have to work in a few hours and then write two papers on International Businesses...Korg might make the cut. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: