Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prices in Italy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dannyboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Prices in Italy Reply with quote

Just found out the following prices at the biggest music store in Verona (Musical Box)

Kronos 61: 2.999,00 €
Kronos 73: 3.399,00 €
Kronos 88: 3.699,00 €

As for availability they specifically write "Phone", which is what I am going to do later in the afternoon. I will keep you posted.

------

Dan
devix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK!!! thanks!!!

i believe they will sell 61 first and then (september) 73 and 88!!
Dannyboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an email from the guys at Musical Box telling me that the official KORG dealer in Italy (EKO group) told them that the K88 will be available in July.

I do not believe them Wink

-----
Dan
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the price will be more or less the same everywhere in the EU, the price is not that good news.

In the US the price is less or equal than $3000 which converts to E 2090. Of course shipping, import and tax should be added but that will not be something like E 900.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dannyboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.
But it could have been worse (actually I was expecting much worse figures) so that I am considering to stay put until the dust settle down.

-----
Dan
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dannyboy wrote:
Got an email from the guys at Musical Box telling me that the official KORG dealer in Italy (EKO group) told them that the K88 will be available in July.

I do not believe them Wink

-----
Dan

Sounds quite probable to me as my UK dealer also told me July for the K73 I've pre-ordered.
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do not think those are the official korg prices.
i think are assumption of the shop and that price will be lower when kronos will be really shipped in italy
Dannyboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly do hope so, but comparing to the korg.de official prices, those are the street prices that we should expect in this side of the pond.

----
Dan
Dannyboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ah. It is indeed getting worse: they just wrote me from another shop (Magazzino Musical Merula) and told me that after VAT will be around 3,900.00€ for the K88, and delivery end of July!
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That means a 42% dollar to Euro mark-up before you add VAT - sounds like another set of European customers are going to get ripped off by Korg. Same rule appears to be happening in Denmark - its closer to 35% mark up in the UK.

Unless we forget the local suppliers and get them shipped in from the US.

Am I mad (quite possible) I can't understand why we are all so willing to be overcharged in Europe - especially when taking a small (theoretical) risk of loss of maintenance (see other threads - there are several reasons why this is not as much as a threat as Korg might lead you to believe) if we imported our Kroni from the states.

Obviously there are some arguments about local taxes (which in the UK are 20% VAT) so I think we would all be justified in asking for a 15 (UK) to 20% (EU mainland) discount from our local resellers to stop us importing. This puts a K61 street price at £2250-£2300 (which since Bonners gave you a set of monitors for the £2599 they've advertised seems about right). In Europe a K61 should have a street price of €2400 to discourage importing.

Shop around. Try these arguments with your suppliers and be prepared to walk out of the shop without making a purchase - leave them your
contact details, be prepared to wait and dont be afraid to consider buying one in the US. That's what I am going to do.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
That means a 42% dollar to Euro mark-up before you add VAT - sounds like another set of European customers are going to get ripped off by Korg. Same rule appears to be happening in Denmark - its closer to 35% mark up in the UK.

Unless we forget the local suppliers and get them shipped in from the US.

Am I mad (quite possible) I can't understand why we are all so willing to be overcharged in Europe - especially when taking a small (theoretical) risk of loss of maintenance (see other threads - there are several reasons why this is not as much as a threat as Korg might lead you to believe) if we imported our Kroni from the states.

Obviously there are some arguments about local taxes (which in the UK are 20% VAT) so I think we would all be justified in asking for a 15 (UK) to 20% (EU mainland) discount from our local resellers to stop us importing. This puts a K61 street price at £2250-£2300 (which since Bonners gave you a set of monitors for the £2599 they've advertised seems about right). In Europe a K61 should have a street price of €2400 to discourage importing.

Shop around. Try these arguments with your suppliers and be prepared to walk out of the shop without making a purchase - leave them your
contact details, be prepared to wait and dont be afraid to consider buying one in the US. That's what I am going to do.

Maybe it's a good idea if people who import already their Kronos from the US, to state what was the import tax and VAT price so we get an idea how much it would save to import a Kronos from the US. As stated above, it may well save about E 500.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree - because this will give you a negotiating price if you plan to purchase locally. I would rather buy from a local shop that has in the past and in the future given me good service - but I dont think I should pay (hugely) over the odds for that privilage.
panrixx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
.................. and dont be afraid to consider buying one in the US. That's what I am going to do.

I have bought a few guitars direct from the USA, so I know the uplift cost of importing very well.

First you have to add the cost of shipping from the USA to (say) the UK - I doubt you'll get that for free.

Then you add 5% import duty (UK) to the combined cost of the Konos and shipping charge.

Then you add 20% VAT (UK) to the total amount from the steps above.

Finally, you often have to pay the courier a fee for dealing with the import paperwork - around £10 -£15. Oh, and don't forget the exchange rate fee.

So if your Kronos was $2,600 and shipping was $200, for instance, the final cost would be:

$2,800 is roughly £1,750 (£1,625 + £125 shipping)
add 5% makes £1,838
add 20% makes £2,206
add £15 makes a total of £2,221
Plus any exchange rate fee.

So, uplift on the US Kronos price is around 37% plus any exchange rate cost.

Please feel free to correct my math or any assumptions I made that you feel are wrong.

Last edited by panrixx on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good street price therefore would be £2,200 - £2,300 to save us all the hastle....
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
Totally agree - because this will give you a negotiating price if you plan to purchase locally. I would rather buy from a local shop that has in the past and in the future given me good service - but I dont think I should pay (hugely) over the odds for that privilage.

Or you could establish a buying group in your country through these forums!

If there were, say, 6 of you in a group wanting a K61 - you go to your Korg dealer and negotiate for 6 Ks.

Then you go to USA store and negotiate for 6 Ks which will reduce the per unit cost of the shipping - you'll still have to account for taxes, but will help a bit.

Then you go back to the local dealers with this USA import pricing and say 'your best price?'. If not, USA gets your business.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: