Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midiot Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theshinenz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Midiot Question Reply with quote

Hey Guys,...
This is a bit of a general midi question if someone can help me.

Does anyone know how I'd setup the Kronos as the master controller controlling a motif xf also incorporating a behringer fcb1010(UNo chipped) into it.

What I want to do is be able to switch between setlists with the fcb1010 but then have the motif controlled by the setlists as to which patch the motif goes to if you understand.

I also want both synths to react to sustain, volume, sost etc messages by use of filtered out what I dont want to react etc. I undersdtand how to use the midi filter on both machines but not sure how I go about setting up the setlist to control the motif only but the fcb to control the setlist.

Firtly the cabling, do I need to use the midi thru on the Kronos? Or midi out?

So to put it simply I want the motif to respond to program changes from the setlist but not from the fcb, and also respond to control changes from the fcb, and I want the Kronos to respond to program changes and control changes from the fcb.

Sorry for the somewhat noob question.
Scott
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Few basics;

MIDI outputs goto MIDI inputs.

The "Thru" connection, mirrors the MIDI input to the MIDI output.

To combine MIDI signals you need a MIDI Merger.

Here a suggestion:

Kronos MIDI out to the Motif, with Motif configured to listen to program changes and notes from Kronos.

FCB1010 MIDI out to Kronos. with Kronos configures to listen to program (and other controller functions) from the FCB.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
theshinenz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, but say I have some of my pedals on the fcb controlling sustain, foot control, etc how do I get the kronos to echo those messages that its receiving to the motif? Is there a way?

Scott
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also a Behringer FCB1010 and using currently a Korg M50 as master keyboard and Korg Triton Extreme as slave (keys only).

I think my setup is: (it's not at home currently)
- MIDI out from Extreme to Midi In Behringer
- MIDI out/thru from Behringer to Midi in Korg M50
Just replace M50 by Kronos and Triton Extreme to Motif in your case.

I'm not using it, but the Behringer can send program changes to my M50 and the M50 can send program changes to my Extreme if I would add a cable from MIDI out M50 to MIDI in Extreme.

(offtopic: I only use the Behringer for control changes for my Extreme).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshinenz wrote:
Cool, but say I have some of my pedals on the fcb controlling sustain, foot control, etc how do I get the kronos to echo those messages that its receiving to the motif? Is there a way?

Scott

I'm not sure if this is possible. However, I think you can add MIDI channels (not sure tough). Then you can use one pedal for sustain for the Korg and one other pedal for sustain for the Motif.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked the FCB1010 editor, I think it's possible to send for two midi channels two different PCGs so you should be able to send one program change to the Kronos and another to the Motif.

theshinenz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
theshinenz wrote:

Scott

I'm not sure if this is possible. However, I think you can add MIDI channels (not sure tough). Then you can use one pedal for sustain for the Korg and one other pedal for sustain for the Motif.

Question: Will the behringer midi out work as a midi thru port aswell? Or stop the midi message being received on the midi in?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: