Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 73

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kron

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Kronos 73 Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

It is good to see the excitement about Kronos around this forum. Can you guys give me some inputs?

1. What's the best price you've got for Kronos 73 in the US and UK?

2. Do we have delivery estimate in the US and UK?

3. Would the Oasys KARO libraries work on Kronos as-is and without requiring any additional licenses?

Cheers!
kron

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Only seen list prices in UK which don't reflect street prices. I have been invited to attend the Kronos arrival in Glasgow (date to be fixed) so I won't know for sure til then

2. Same source in Glasgow is expecting mid-August

3. Technically, the O Karo libraries will work with the K, although obviously won't use any of the K-specific engines and/or parameters. Bear in mind there could be RAM issues as I've found the KSL really does need 4Gb.

As far as licensing goes, I think that on purchase you are granted a one-instrument licence. So, my reading is that you can't have two instruments using Karo sounds at the same time. You'd be fine however if you stop using them on the O and use them only on the K.

The Karo guys (Oliver and Kurt) visit here from time to time so will correct me if I'm wrong. FYI - I know they are working on K-specific libraries at the moment.

HTH

Last edited by cello on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kron wrote:
Anyone?

1) $2750
2) My retailer is still telling me end of june. He said 2-3 weeks, and that was a week ago. That was the last I heard and when talking to him, he said he had no evidence that the rumors of shipping being delayed till end of july are at all true. So I'm still hoping for 1-2 weeks in the US.

3) No idea.

(Although I'm brand new here as a poster, I think the reason your questions aren't getting much response is because 2 out of 3 of the answers can be found in threads on first page. Just a guess)
kron

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cello and PinkFloydDudi..

PinkFloydDudi, from where did you get 2750 for K73? That sounds interesting..
Chriskk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1) $2750

Can you share the information?
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$2750?!!!

That's cheaper than Sweetwater is listing the 61 ($2,999) - and that's after a $750 discount from list... !
ChristianRock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that's a mistake. The cheapest I can find a Kronos 61 is 2,799 which is the same as the preorder specials that some dealers were having. The preorder specials for the 73 are NOT going to be less than the preorder specials for the 61. Plus - the Kronos 73 isn't available so there are no open box units yet, obviously.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
$2750?!!!

That's cheaper than Sweetwater is listing the 61 ($2,999)

While some people have paid less than $2800 for the 61-key, it's nonsense that any store would sell the 73-key for $2750. They would make no profit.
kron

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Kronos 73 and 88 'on the water' as of now? Almost all retailers estimate delivery in a week or two.. that means the keyboards must been on their way to the KORG US warehouse - any news / additional information?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: