Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News from Denmark
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abaek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: News from Denmark Reply with quote

I have been visiting this forum regularly since they announced the Kronos. I'm eagerly awaiting my Kronos 61. Yesterday 4Sound, possibly Denmarks biggest chain of musicstores, announced prices to be:

K61: 21999 DKR / 2950 € / 4260 $
K73: 25999 DKR / 3485 € / 5035 $
K88: 26999 DKR / 3620 € / 5230 $

I called and asked about how official these prices were, and was told "very official" He also told me delivery date would be 1st of July.

I'm actually pleasently surprised by these prices...

Just wanted to share the news.
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - a 42% markup above the US prices - you must be absolutely and very officially thrilled with these prices.

I wonder if there will be a lot of Danes that making overseas orders.

Sorry for making such negative remarks - but I think (my personal belief) that this is probably 20% too high and this will make some purchasers think about importing - US sales will be great - EU ones will be lousy. So if I lived in Denmark I would be looking for a very offial 20-25% discount.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with 20% VAT and shipping the price will be more like E 2500 or E 2600 when imported from the US. Warranty might be an issue tough (another thread is about that).

But even if the price difference would be E 400, you probably can send it to the US twice for repair, and I never had any (major) problems on any of my Korgs (I have 4).

The 20-25% 'over expensiveness' is now just for the European distributors ... easy money for sliding a box with a Kronos inside.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GiantSonicRobot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Even with 20% VAT and shipping the price will be more like E 2500 or E 2600 when imported from the US. Warranty might be an issue tough (another thread is about that).

Denmark has a VAT of 25%, which is among the highest in all of Europe.

So if you take that €2950,- and re-calculate a price for e.g. Germany (19% VAT), you end up with just €2808,40.

Glad I don't live in Denmark. Wink
panrixx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
Wow - a 42% markup above the US prices - you must be absolutely and very officially thrilled with these prices.

I wonder if there will be a lot of Danes that making overseas orders.

Sorry for making such negative remarks - but I think (my personal belief) that this is probably 20% too high and this will make some purchasers think about importing - US sales will be great - EU ones will be lousy. So if I lived in Denmark I would be looking for a very offial 20-25% discount.

I have bought a few guitars direct from the USA, so I know the uplift cost of importing very well.

First you have to add the cost of shipping from the USA to (say) the UK - I doubt you'll get that for free.

Then you add 5% import duty (UK) to the combined cost of the Konos and shipping charge.

Then you add 20% VAT (UK) to the total amount from the steps above.

Finally, you often have to pay the courier a fee for dealing with the import paperwork - around £10 -£15. Oh, and don't forget the exchange rate fee.

So, uplift on the US Kronos price is around 37%

Please feel free to correct any assumptions I made that you feel are wrong.
Abaek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... Wow, I guess us Danes are just used to these grotesque prices.

I can only compare with other purchases i've made.

Back in the day the Triton 61 was WAY more expensive than the Kronos is now.

And in comparison the Motif XF6 currently sells for: 18999 DKR / 2550 € / 3680 $
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can import a Kronos 61 from the US for less than 2300€ even in Denmark.
See experience report posted by operaman.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62333&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
robinkle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A local dealer here in Norway said the prices are high because of the demand for the Keyboard.
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantSonicRobot wrote:
Glad I don't live in Denmark. Wink

Our Danish salary compensates for the other things Smile
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robinkle wrote:
A local dealer here in Norway said the prices are high because of the demand for the Keyboard.

That's ridiculous. It's as if they're saying "We want to rip you guys off BECAUSE the demand for this instrument is so high!". Rolling Eyes
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: News from Denmark Reply with quote

Abaek wrote:
I'm actually pleasently surprised by these prices....

So I'm guessing you're a very happy and well adjusted person, one who always sees the glass as half full! Laughing

Only way to live, I say...
robinkle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
robinkle wrote:

That's ridiculous. It's as if they're saying "We want to rip you guys off BECAUSE the demand for this instrument is so high!". Rolling Eyes

Yes and it makes me look for alternatives. Smile
brimoore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just in Norway (Molde) for work - of course I didn't have time to look for a local music shop. I would have loved to find a pawn shop with a Kronos in it for 500 KR. I would have smuggled that baby all the way back to Seattle in my pants Smile And I'm not the kind of guy that usually does stuff like that!
robinkle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brimoore wrote:
I was just in Norway (Molde) for work - of course I didn't have time to look for a local music shop. I would have loved to find a pawn shop with a Kronos in it for 500 KR. I would have smuggled that baby all the way back to Seattle in my pants Smile And I'm not the kind of guy that usually does stuff like that!
No shops here got it unless it's imported. But it's not too long before it becomes available though.
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robinkle wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
robinkle wrote:

Yes and it makes me look for alternatives. Smile

You could tell him you are going to import since demand in the States is so low that the price is much more reasonable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: