Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prices of the Kronos in the Netherlands`
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Prices of the Kronos in the Netherlands` Reply with quote

Just saw the first prices known from a shop in the Netherlands:

www.livemusic.nl
Kronos 61: € 2995
Kronos 73: € 3499
Kronos 88: € 3799

www.bax-hop.nl
Kronos 61: € 2999
Kronos 73: € 3399
Kronos 88: € 3699
Expected in 6 weeks

I will not comment on the price, but the face says enough (compared to the US prices) Sad

I will try to keep this post updated when more store prices become available.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/

Last edited by michelkeijzers on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chriskk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you European guys get Nord, Virus, Novation & Waldorf stuff more cheaply than US guys? Very Happy
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nord and Access are overpriced as they are already, even over here.
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the Kronos comes from Japan, not the US - so how come we have to pay a super premium (ca. 35-45%) more. We can get US synths like the Prophet 08 pretty reasonably - I think it is because Korg doesnt mind ripping people off over here whereas in the US they treat you special (which is pretty nice for you - I would love to be in your situation).

But when we are in the position where we could import from the US and still save $600+ (paying all taxes and import duties) it kind of puts it into perspective.
Laste7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot see the problem, 2999 Euro is a better price than I expected... Just comparing with the Motifs and Fantoms....the Kronos costs just 500 Euro more with the next generation of technology. If you want a state of the art Keyboard when it is freshly released, you have to pay...that is normal. Korg is a company who needs to earn money....why should they sell a Keyboard below the possible price, also if you see, that the first deliveries are not enough to fit the preorders...? Wait 6 months or a year and you can get it for 2500 Euros....

It is also pretty normal, that the USD and Euro price ist 1:1....this is done not only by Korg....
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated 88 version price/expected (see first post).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a mail with the prices of the importer of Korg, Netherlands. They are as expected:

Kronos 61 E 2.999
Kronos 73 E 3.399
Kronos 88 E 3.699

The shop I got the mail from expects an 88 as demonstration model soon.

Arjan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Prices of the Kronos in the Netherlands` Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

www.livemusic.nl

www.bax-hop.nl
Expected in 6 weeks

I will not comment on the price, but the face says enough (compared to the US prices) Sad

Keep in mind that the prices quoted above include 19% sales tax (VAT) whereas prices advertised on US website typically do not include sales tax (which afaik you typically only need to pay if you're buying from a retailer who has a physical presence in your own state).
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Prices of the Kronos in the Netherlands` Reply with quote

Arjan wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

www.livemusic.nl

www.bax-hop.nl
Expected in 6 weeks

Keep in mind that the prices quoted above include 19% sales tax (VAT) whereas prices advertised on US website typically do not include sales tax (which afaik you typically only need to pay if you're buying from a retailer who has a physical presence in your own state).

I know, but even with shipping cost and import taxes the price would be something like E 2500. That is still E 500 difference. Somebody imported his Kronos 61 and paid about E 2400 but he got preprice of $2800 instead of $3000 so it will be something like E 2500 (or just a bit more).

operaman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid 2271 myself. I will NEVER buy electronics in the EU until they get competitive price-wise.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

operaman wrote:
I paid 2271 myself. I will NEVER buy electronics in the EU until they get competitive price-wise.

I assume that is without tax/shipping cost/import cost? Or with?
Can I also ask where and what should be arranged (forms etc)?

orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
operaman wrote:

I followed this discussion and it was INCLUDING all taxes and fees.
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
operaman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
operaman wrote:

With. Screw the EU distributors bilking their customers. VAT or no VAT, their prices are them pocketing EXTRA money over what the US distributors pocket. It is ridiculous given all of the other things we have to pay extra that we cannot even get a remotely equitable price here. I saved 1000EU on my 17" Macbook Pro 2.3 ghz Quad WITH VAT and shipping. It is ludicrous and until it changes it is highly unlikely an EU distributor will get my money for high dollar purchases.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

operaman wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
operaman wrote:

With. Screw the EU distributors bilking their customers. VAT or no VAT, their prices are them pocketing EXTRA money over what the US distributors pocket. It is ridiculous given all of the other things we have to pay extra that we cannot even get a remotely equitable price here. I saved 1000EU on my 17" Macbook Pro 2.3 ghz Quad WITH VAT and shipping. It is ludicrous and until it changes it is highly unlikely an EU distributor will get my money for high dollar purchases.

Can I ask where you bought the Kronos and if there are things to look after (like documents) and what is the shipping time (including delay at customs)?

operaman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nova Musik, and it came directly to me from ups. You better have cash though on delivery for the VAT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: