Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prices of the Kronos in the Netherlands`
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

operaman wrote:
Nova Musik, and it came directly to me from ups. You better have cash though on delivery for the VAT.

I just tried to calculate it but now I get only 100E difference:

(Country: Netherlands)
Kronos 61: $2999
Shipping cost ($220?): totals to $3219
Import duties (6%, not sure) over $3219: $193.20
VAT (19%, over shipping + import): $648
Totals up to $4060 which results in E 2900

I hope I made a mistake tough. At least I cannot see where the E 2271 from operaman comes from.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
panrixx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same calcs for a K88 from Nova to the UK. Add import and tax costs - very little difference and not enough to warrant the loss of a simple warranty claim, should the need arise.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
I did the same calcs for a K88 from Nova to the UK. Add import and tax costs - very little difference and not enough to warrant the loss of a simple warranty claim, should the need arise.

But according to operaman he only paid E 2271 for a Kronos, so that's a difference of E 729. However, I cannot see how he did that, assuming shipping costs of a few hundred euros and 19% VAT.

He might have a preorder deal and very low vat/import duties but I do not know from which country he is.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
operaman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germany. I paid $2599 and $180 shipping and half import duties as they declared it at $1500 I believe. I paid 280 EU in taxes for what it is worth. I got it with the Euro at 1.43 so that also helped.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

operaman wrote:
Germany. I paid $2599 and $180 shipping and half import duties as they declared it at $1500 I believe. I paid 280 EU in taxes for what it is worth. I got it with the Euro at 1.43 so that also helped.

Ah now I understand it. $400 discount is quite a lot I guess to begin with. Then declaring at $1500 of course saves most of the VAT. I wonder if they still can do that now the prices are known. And of course the conversion rate also helped.

So guess at best it will be your price like E 2270 and the 'worst' possible price is something like E 2900.

EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price matching in USA is the way to go. People got K61 for $2599 as operaman did. If you buy K61 at $2999 from USA, you're doing it wrong. Razz
Yuma
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am new as a poster on this forum, but I've been lurking in the background since the announcement of the Kronos at the start of this year. I have ordered a Kronos 61 at Baxshop in the Netherlands. Two weeks ago I got a mail from them telling me that they expected the Kronos 61 in week 30.

Today I got the unfortunate message from them that they won't recieve a Kronos from the Voerman-company until end of September. It seems Voerman has a policy in which they send only 1 Kronos to every shop in the Netherlands, and that more will follow end of September. Since I was second on the order list of Baxshop, that first unit was sold to the number one on the list. The only good thing is that I am number first now (so the first Kronos coming in end of September will be guaranteed mine).

So that's 10 more weeks of waiting for me. I guess that gives me time to work through the extensive manual. Twisted Evil

Yuma
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuma wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am new as a poster on this forum, but I've been lurking in the background since the announcement of the Kronos at the start of this year. I have ordered a Kronos 61 at Baxshop in the Netherlands. Two weeks ago I got a mail from them telling me that they expected the Kronos 61 in week 30.

Today I got the unfortunate message from them that they won't recieve a Kronos from the Voerman-company until end of September. It seems Voerman has a policy in which they send only 1 Kronos to every shop in the Netherlands, and that more will follow end of September. Since I was second on the order list of Baxshop, that first unit was sold to the number one on the list. The only good thing is that I am number first now (so the first Kronos coming in end of September will be guaranteed mine).

So that's 10 more weeks of waiting for me. I guess that gives me time to work through the extensive manual. Twisted Evil

Yuma

Actually I heard from a shop owner it's even worse. Shops in the netherlands are NOT allowed to sell any Kronos yet, but only use for demo purposes. If they still sell one, they can loose their Korg distribution license (for the Kronos at least).

QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my kronos 88 keys preorder is also delayed in holland. 'They have no clue when they will get the kronos from the importer (they have a 73 keys for demo purposes, which they indeed don't sell).

I've already heared stories that it could take till the end of october before they can deliver my preorder Sad

oh and i'm still number one on the list, so that says something about the amount of kronos synths available in holland Sad

This whole distribution thing worldwide is very frustrating for customers, but there's nothing we can do Sad
Yuma
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qrobinez wrote:
This whole distribution thing worldwide is very frustrating for customers, but there's nothing we can do Sad

I can only agree with this. It's very frustrating. I don't mind waiting a long time for something, as long as there's some certainty of the delivery date. But now even the delivery date is uncertain, which is not really customer friendly.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Actually I heard from a shop owner it's even worse. Shops in the netherlands are NOT allowed to sell any Kronos yet, but only use for demo purposes. If they still sell one, they can loose their Korg distribution license (for the Kronos at least).

Now THAT is f*ck*ng ridiculous.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

Now THAT is f*ck*ng ridiculous.

It's to make possible for anyone to try the Kronos in the store. There are about 5-10 Kroni in the benelux (netherlands/belgium).

EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean the last part, about not allowing to sell and losing distribution license if doing so. :/
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I know it's not the best thing to do for customers.

Harry_G

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an interesting mail from Thomann. I posted it in a different tread but I will post it here again.
---
We decided to keep the Kronos off the page until bigger quantities are available - if you place an order now you would have to wait until November to get an instrument. If Korg can give information about the delivery date for bigger quantities (at the moment we will recieve only single instruments until November and beyond this date we have no information) we will put Kronos on the homepage. Of course you have the possibility to do a reservation on the product. The price has been set by Korg for the whole European market to 2999,- € for the 61-key version, there is no further discount possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: