Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sweetwater Kronos 73/88 arrival date :: 6/29/2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine will be here tomorrow to but I gotta get a rep that gives me the kind of deal Fisher got.

I got my K88 for $3549 with free shipping. And since I live like next door to the place, EVERYTHING gets here next day. Smile

I hope they DON'T throw in the candy. It's going to be like 100 degrees tomorrow!
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rderderian wrote:
My 88 was shipped today Fedex. Checked the fedex site but does not tell when it will arrive. Does it ship 1 day? Or is it 3 days like UPS?

if you or SW did not specify air ( which is expensive), it went ground or truck.

For ground, Fedx gives a time estimate in terms of days based on shipping point to your location.
shap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC's right, but also:

With a large vendor, "ships" actually means that it's been prepped for pickup by FedEx at the out-going warehouse, with all the paperwork in order and tracking number assigned. The unit may or may not be in the hands of FedEx, and with some shippers the first time it will get scanned is at the FedEx receiving center that night. UPS does the same, but they report it as "shipment information received".

If your unit shipped today, check back at 11pm or midnight in the shipper's time zone, and if it's not there yet, check back around 8am in the shipper's time zone. FedEx should certainly have scanned it by then.

Remember that you may need to be more patient than usual, because July 4th is a holiday. I'm in Seattle. SW is in Indiana. Mine went out today, so mine will probably get here on Wednesday or more likely Thursday.
Sonar Producer, everything EastWest
Brian Moore iGuitar+Roland GI-20, Composite Acoustics 6, 12 string guitars, Multiple Ovations from when they were still worth it
Presonus Eureka (2x), TC Helicon VoiceOne
ADAM A7's and JBL 4328Ps, each for its purpose
Border Collies + Misc. Squeaky Toys
shap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
...I gotta get a rep that gives me the kind of deal Fisher got.

Or not. Wink My K-88 is shipping from SweetWater today. Invoiced at $3450. It wasn't my lowest offer by a good bit, but it's shipping today.

I settled for FedEx Ground, though. I just got in a V-Synth GT yesterday, and I want to spend time with my son over the July 4th weekend, so probably just as well that the K-88 isn't arriving any sooner.

But now I have this second preorder showing up in the Portland area. You may not get the price they gave me, but they'll at least price match SweetWater.
Brian Moore iGuitar+Roland GI-20, Composite Acoustics 6, 12 string guitars, Multiple Ovations from when they were still worth it
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
Mine will be here tomorrow to but I gotta get a rep that gives me the kind of deal Fisher got.

I got my K88 for $3549 with free shipping. And since I live like next door to the place, EVERYTHING gets here next day. Smile

McHale,

How did you get the extra $50 off? The NovaMusik deal was $3799 - $200.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shap wrote:
McHale wrote:
...I gotta get a rep that gives me the kind of deal Fisher got.

Or not. Wink My K-88 is shipping from SweetWater today. Invoiced at $3450. It wasn't my lowest offer by a good bit, but it's shipping today.

I settled for FedEx Ground, though. I just got in a V-Synth GT yesterday, and I want to spend time with my son over the July 4th weekend, so probably just as well that the K-88 isn't arriving any sooner.

But now I have this second preorder showing up in the Portland area. You may not get the price they gave me, but they'll at least price match SweetWater.

Just got my V too. It is definitely making the wait for the Kronos easier. My Kronos arrives Tuesday, hopefully unscathed.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
McHale wrote:

McHale,

How did you get the extra $50 off? The NovaMusik deal was $3799 - $200.

someone else posted what the price they got was and gave me their sales person's name. I called my rep and asked him to match it and he did. It's amazing how prices fluctuate between reps. It's all at their discretion (including free shipping).
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
mymusic42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also note that fedex (at least fedex ground) is closed on tuesday. my rep told me that they deliever on saturday, but are closed monday AND tuesday for the holiday
shap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
I called my rep and asked him to match it and he did. It's amazing how prices fluctuate between reps. It's all at their discretion (including free shipping).

And SW doesn't have a price matching policy.

But lots of other companies have both price matching and price protection policies. New contest: closest guess how many hit men shap can employee by publishing my invoice at $3450 on the web, and you can inherit my KRONOS! Wink Sorry; Korg employees are not eligible.

This should be good for almost an hour's entertainment before they bag me. Smile
KapnKrunch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got notification that my K-88 has shipped from SW, and is due to arrive 7/6.
mymusic42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine arrived this morning. i've been playing with it for a few hours. so far pretty cool.

my only complaint so far is the limited number of BLANK user banks. i wanted to import my old OASYS patches, but I only have 1 free user bank. i wound up overwriting the ambient drums bank.

the kronos looks cooler in person than it does in pictures.
FISHER the Sandwich

Location: Planet Earth in Milky Way Galaxy 3rd Pittsburgh Proper Pa USA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my K.88 today as promised. Woo hoo! serial number#000128

It is much smaller than my Motif XS 8 it replaced; I like that fact.My Xs8 had a lot of extra unnecessary bulk to it
I definitely like the black, sleek,streamlined look a whole lot too. So far I'm liking it right out the box.
Now on to play time with this new "Toy Monster" called KRONOS__Unose?
This will be an interesting 4th of July weekend 4 sure!
Very Happy
Kronos 88 M373 Motif XF76 Triton61 CasioSK-5,Cubase6,Ableton Live8.2.2,Acoustica Mixcraft,NI Maschine,Studio One,etc.etc.etc....
rderderian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my 88 today too. You are right its not as wide as the Motif XS that I am selling. Also not nearly as heavy. They keyboard fits my stand much better than the Motif.

SW got them yesterday and shipped them out Fedex Ground. Since I was in the same region as Sweetwater (the midwest) the delivery was next day delivery. My number is 116.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, mine came in today from SW as well (#108). Only spent a few minutes with it then had to rush out to a gig. Here shortly I'll put a lot more time into it.
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, as a synth guy who has to watch you lucky people from the sidelines for a few months - hopefully only a few, I'd love to get your impressions on the sonic differences between the Radias and AL-1.

Oh, and do tell us when you try poking in that two gigs of ram!

Hrm... anyone want to contribute to a synth addict's nasty habit? Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: