Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Kronos is here!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keywhiz61

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: My Kronos is here! Reply with quote

Arrived about 4 hours ago. Working with it to try and get it ready for a long rehearsal tomorrow and a gig on Saturday. Here's the initial thoughts from someone who has never owned a Korg board before, and who is going to use it primarily as a live performance instrument:

The knob:

Mine seems to be fine. It is centered nicely. It has a slight "play" back and forth when I TRY to make it go back and forth, but otherwise seems solid. I've pulled up on it a bit. It doesn't feel like it is in any danger of coming off. I've used it quite a bit. Spun it pretty hard and fast to navigate large data. Seems fine.

The keyboard:

I like the action. And I don't have any problem with looseness or clicking. Good keyboard.

Navigation:

This was my biggest worry. This is the first Korg board I've ever owned, and I didn't really delve into the manuals. But it is VERY intuitive. Editing programs, creating combis...very easy to do. I'm really liking how it works. So far, much easier than first-learning my Motif years ago, or working with my Roland gear for the first time. I don't think I'll be coming here asking dumb questions nearly as much as I thought I might.

The Screen:

I think it's fine. My 50-year-old eyes (which require reading glasses for some very close-up work) have no problem reading everything on the screen. It's not NEARLY as bad as I thought it might be based on so many things people have said here. And it's also not as hard to use the touch screen as some have said. There HAVE been a few times where I've had to touch a button two-or-three times to get it to work, but I haven't calibrated it yet either.

The Fan:

It IS a bit loud. Certainly not enough to make any difference at all with anything I'll be doing, but I'm sitting about 2 feet away from it as I type this and I can hear it.

Knobs and Sliders:

All feel solid. I don't feel anything "cheap" about this board at all EXCEPT maybe the data wheel which, like I said, rocks back-and-forth a little. Something the knob on my Motif does NOT do.

The End Caps:

Nice shiny plastic. I think they look great.

I've so just barely scratched the surface with this board, but as one who had many fears about the reports of problems and defects, I just wanted to say that I'm not really noticing ANY of those.
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations

I got mine about 6 hours ago. And I pretty much agree with your assessment. This keyboard feels good and responds to my performance extremely well. While reading button labels are impossible, the layout makes learning them easy. The sound is a little more polished than the M3.

Good luck and be sure to share some of your experiences
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: