Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to control the fade out time ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundsailer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: How to control the fade out time ? Reply with quote

in the setlist mode most of the pro/combi' just "shut off" when you release the damper pedal after switching sounds, no fading they just shut off. They sustain when you change programs fine but once you release the pedal it doesn't give you a smooth fading transition. I also didn't find that adjusting the fade time did anything in this respect I didn't find that it effected anything actually. Some sounds would sustain forever with the pedal down but when you released the pedal they just stop without fading out smoothly.

How can you achieve a smooth fading out of the previous patch?

Would a 1/2 damper pedal allow you to do this?

Am I missing something concerning the fade adjustment ?
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a 1/2 damper pedal then just try that?

I think it would do what you want.
soundsailer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:
If you have a 1/2 damper pedal then just try that?

I think it would do what you want.

I wish I had one I would, I was hoping someone using one with the kronos could give me some feedback.
Chriskk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 1/2 damper pedal won't fix that. Are you saying that when you release a sustain pedal, a string patch, for instance, shuts off immediately? Then, it must be a bug.
ldascanio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: How to control the fade out time ? Reply with quote

soundsailer wrote:
in the setlist mode most of the pro/combi' just "shut off" when you release the damper pedal after switching sounds, no fading they just shut off. They sustain when you change programs fine but once you release the pedal it doesn't give you a smooth fading transition. I also didn't find that adjusting the fade time did anything in this respect I didn't find that it effected anything actually. Some sounds would sustain forever with the pedal down but when you released the pedal they just stop without fading out smoothly.

How can you achieve a smooth fading out of the previous patch?

Would a 1/2 damper pedal allow you to do this?

Am I missing something concerning the fade adjustment ?

Check the Parameter Guide (P.660 in Vers.2) SET LIST MODE > EDIT> HOLD TIME to understand the basics and then check and follow the example in the Operation Guide > Using Smooth Sound Transitions (P.118 in Vers.2). If following the example you don't have the expected result explained there then something could be wrong, but I guess it just has to do with HOLD TIME setting for set list or changing more than just one sound (see Stopping Sustaining or held notes in operation guide p.119).

Rgds.
OASYS 88 #000312
KRONOS 61 #003946
KORG Z1, ROLAND PK-5
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The subject of the thread mentions fade time. SST is not designed to fade sounds in/out, or to "morph" them. Perhaps you're expecting the wrong thing?

If you use the sustain pedal, what usually happens on this sound when you release the pedal, without changing sounds? Depending on the Release Time, most sounds will stop very quickly after the note/pedal is released, leaving just the reverb/delays.

jg::
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: