Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So how are you going to organize your Programs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phinnin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: So how are you going to organize your Programs? Reply with quote

Since all the banks are full of greatness, what methodology are you going to use to store your altered programs? Given the HD-1 and EXi limitations on banks, one cannot just clear one bank and fill all the new stuff in there.

Just curious about everyone's plans.
Synthvalley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: So how are you going to organize your Programs? Reply with quote

Phinnin wrote:
Since all the banks are full of greatness, what methodology are you going to use to store your altered programs? Given the HD-1 and EXi limitations on banks, one cannot just clear one bank and fill all the new stuff in there.

Just curious about everyone's plans.

Phinnin

Cello talked about his approach at this link. Dan had some comments on the subject at this link.

SV
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be reorganizing the stock banks. I'll use the Set List to access them in an order that I desire. Also, I mostly have Ableton Live call up my program changes for me.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
Phinnin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Synthvalley, I had looked for Cello's thread as I had seen it before but I couldn't find it for the life of me.

EnjoyRC: Yeah, I will be using setlist also but I will want lots of tweaked programs (more overdrive on some Wurli's and Organs without rotary for ventilator, for instance). But I'll still want the stock stuff so something is going to have to give.

Thanks for the input!
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually Korg leaves a couple banks for user patches. Either empty or duplicates of the stock patches.

Is that the case on the Kronos?

Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
Usually Korg leaves a couple banks for user patches. Either empty or duplicates of the stock patches.

Yes, the M3 originally came with several empty program & combi banks. Does the Kronos offer that as well?
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to arrange them in reverse alphabetical order ....

(I'm Bored) ... sorry
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TSUNAMI on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI... reorganizing stock programs will affect Combis.

Teh Mick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna switch between several .PCG file based on projects like JMJ.PCG for Jarre covers, PowerMetal.PCG for power metal covers, etc.
Roland JD-990
Novation Remote SL Compact
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSUNAMI wrote:
Im going to arrange them in reverse alphabetical order ....

(I'm Bored) ... sorry

I'm going to make a computer program that daily randomizes all my programs and combis, so they are on different locations every day.

No to be serious:
I think I love the set list idea. Making the following set lists:
1: set list of set 1 of my band
2: set list of set 2 of my band
3: set list of set 3 of my band
4: set list of set 1 of my band (sometimes we have a gig with only 2 set lists)
5: the other one

And making about 50 combis with the songs in alphabetical order
The set lists point to these 50 combis.

Programs I don't know yet ... for the time being just where they are I think.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Phinnin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, setlist works wonders for arranging the programs and combi's, where my issue is I love to modify existing programs and I would prefer to not lose the base sounds. Kronos didn't ship with blank banks so I will have to decide what has to go. I guess I will just move through the banks and kill some of the repetitive stuff (pick the Piano's I won't use for instance)

No biggie, just not sure where to start.... It's the first move that's the hardest.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinnin wrote:
Yeah, setlist works wonders for arranging the programs and combi's, where my issue is I love to modify existing programs and I would prefer to not lose the base sounds. Kronos didn't ship with blank banks so I will have to decide what has to go. I guess I will just move through the banks and kill some of the repetitive stuff (pick the Piano's I won't use for instance)

No biggie, just not sure where to start.... It's the first move that's the hardest.

USER-G Program bank is empty (unless you load some of the extra EX Programs in it).

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/

Last edited by MartinHines on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
EnjoyRC wrote:

Yes, the M3 originally came with several empty program & combi banks. Does the Kronos offer that as well?

Nope...it SUCKS!!! You have one single empty bank which can be either or,
HD-1 or EXi...not both at once, so basically we are screwed.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos gives you a single empty user bank to put new PCG's in. I'll be wanting to load up both of the EXs3 PCGs banks, so I'll load one into U-G, and then U-C (CX3) and U-E (MS20EX/PolysixEx) are on the chopping block for the other bank. I absolutely hate to replace factory sounds, if I need to use combis, I'll prob just reload the factory PCG. Haha, Korg really put us in a tough position as far as sound re-mapping goes.

My other idea is to just find my favorite woodwind and brass sounds from the EX3 banks and replace the factory version of them in the factory preload setup. Then there would be no need to use multiple sound mappings and be constantly saving PCG files (i could count the many ways that could go wrong).
Synthvalley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:

...You have one single empty bank which can be either or, HD-1 or EXi...not both at once...

This is a great point I hadn't considered. I had planned to use the cello approach (link is up-thread) which would give me a convenient way through saved "configurations" to get back to factory settings, or to any project I am working.
To help develop combis and programs I had planned on having a scratch configuration which contains all factory programs and combis plus the single precious empty bank. However, now it is clear that I will need two scratch configs, one for HD-1 work and one for EXi which gives me plenty of space to develop new stuff before moving that stuff on to a project configuration.

SV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: