Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So how are you going to organize your Programs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phinnin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"EXT-F Program bank is empty (unless you load some of the extra EX Programs in it)."

Ext-F? Both my I-F and U-F program banks are full. Am I missing something?

I do have U-G Available but it can only hold HD-1 stuff right? So where do I put all my Ex stuff?
nowtime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to be so bold and emotional, but this is F&^%ing bullshit!!

Wayyyyyyyyyy tooo complicated. This kind of nonsense is what I would expect from Roland, not Korg.

Shame on you Korg.

Oh well, maybe someday I will get ambitious and design a way to SAVE my work, and start tweaking my sounds.

Crap!! that's going to have to be now. Great; I get to devote lots of precious studio time to librarianesque contortionism. 2011 Flagship Workstation - prepare to be bogged down for no good reason.

end of rant, thanks for listening.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinnin wrote:
"EXT-F Program bank is empty (unless you load some of the extra EX Programs in it)."

Ext-F? Both my I-F and U-F program banks are full. Am I missing something?

I do have U-G Available but it can only hold HD-1 stuff right? So where do I put all my Ex stuff?

Sorry, the empty bank is PROGRAM BANK USER-G.

A Program bank can be designated as HD-1 or EXi but not both.

You will have to overwrite some existing Programs if you have both HD-1 and EXi programs.

nowtime wrote:
Wayyyyyyyyyy tooo complicated. This kind of nonsense is what I would expect from Roland, not Korg.

This is the enduring problem -- if the keyboard has too many empty banks people complain they want more factory sounds. If there are too many factory sounds, people complain there isn't space for their own sounds.

The "problem" with the Kronos is you have all of the OASYS Programs available plus new ones developed for the Kronos.

I would have preferred another row of bank buttons, but that would have most likely added more cost (hardware design, new coding).

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
nowtime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I understand; In this day of gigantic and cheap storage and computer connectivity, it seems there is NO excuse for such limitations.
Phinnin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You will have to overwrite some existing Programs if you have both HD-1 and EXi programs.

That's the essence of my question really... Where to start, what to hack out.... Boggle. It sounds like attacking the Japanese Piano's may be the best place to start as it isn't buried in too many combi's.

It's a good problem to have. Too much good stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: