Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

not all programs playing from disk
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keywhiz61

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimH wrote:
robinkle wrote:
All sounds that comes with the unit should work without bothering with unloading and loading.

What I'm saying is, they gave you free extra libraries and you're complaining? If they just didn't give you those, and so then everything did fit, would that have been better?

I'm thrilled with all the extra programs. This system makes sense: who uses all the loaded factory presets anyways, so why not just provide tons of unloaded sounds to choose from?

Having a bit of a struggle figuring out exactly how to load the samples to make the programs play properly, however...
robinkle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimH wrote:
robinkle wrote:
All sounds that comes with the unit should work without bothering with unloading and loading.

What I'm saying is, they gave you free extra libraries and you're complaining? If they just didn't give you those, and so then everything did fit, would that have been better?

I'm not saying I don't want the libraries. I'm not complaining about getting more sounds for free. My point is that I think the hardware should have room for it, so you wouldn't have to unload banks. That is my opinion.

This is like selling a computer with 2 gb harddisk space with windows preinstalled and no space for other things, you can unload windows and install DOS to get more room. The sounds on the Kronos are important for many users, there should have been room for it all and a lot more space for future loads of sounds.
keywhiz61

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robinkle wrote:
JimH wrote:
robinkle wrote:

I'm not saying I don't want the libraries. I'm not complaining about getting more sounds for free. My point is that I think the hardware should have room for it, so you wouldn't have to unload banks. That is my opinion.

This is like selling a computer with 2 gb harddisk space with windows preinstalled and no space for other things, you can unload windows and install DOS to get more room. The sounds on the Kronos are important for many users, there should have been room for it all and a lot more space for future loads of sounds.

It holds a LOT. And you only need so many. Why they chose to load the ones they did and not others? Who knows. But the point, I believe, is to pick-and-choose your own library. This thing has something like 30-40 acoustic piano sounds pre-loaded. How many different acoustic pianos does any one need at their fingertips? Keep the 2 or 3 you will use regularly and replace the others with sounds from the disc that YOU prefer.
robinkle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keywhiz61 wrote:
robinkle wrote:
JimH wrote:
robinkle wrote:

It holds a LOT. And you only need so many. Why they chose to load the ones they did and not others? Who knows. But the point, I believe, is to pick-and-choose your own library. This thing has something like 30-40 acoustic piano sounds pre-loaded. How many different acoustic pianos does any one need at their fingertips? Keep the 2 or 3 you will use regularly and replace the others with sounds from the disc that YOU prefer.

I don't like it. It's not a smooth solution, when some patches don't work when certain libraries aren't loaded, and you have to remove a library to get room for it in RAM, making other patches not working. But that's my opinion.

It's just that,
my music blend Genre's, so for me it might be good to have it all. But it won't prevent me from buying Kronos. I will have to accept it how it is now, but I hope Korg will listen since they drop by occasionally in this forum. Me and others need to share opinions or nothing will change in the future.

Edited
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I load one of the EXs files and then save a program that uses it to a setlist, will I have to load it everytime from Disk everytime for the setlist program to play?
shap

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So while I read robinkle as whining a little bit here, I do tend to agree that making the RAM non-upgradable wasn't the brightest move by Korg.

Also, speaking as someone who builds real-time embedded systems for a living, the unofficial comments from Korg that qualifying the machine with an additional 2GB of RAM on board is too hard don't sound very credible to me.

I suspect the real issue is that the PC motherboard is positioned in such a way that you have to tear down the entire enclosure to install a second DIMM module, and Korg (with very good reason) doesn't want to have end users doing that on their own. But that wouldn't preclude having authorized Korg service people do the upgrade, and it certainly doesn't preclude shipping a machine with more memory in the near future.

One thing people are forgetting about the build is that the Yen was a lot stronger against the dollar when the XF was being designed than it was when the Kronos was being designed. Designing hardware for upgrade is expensive. As a design matter, Korg either had to accept a build with fewer options or they had to accept a lower margin.
Sonar Producer, everything EastWest
Brian Moore iGuitar+Roland GI-20, Composite Acoustics 6, 12 string guitars, Multiple Ovations from when they were still worth it
Presonus Eureka (2x), TC Helicon VoiceOne
ADAM A7's and JBL 4328Ps, each for its purpose
Border Collies + Misc. Squeaky Toys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: