Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Safely Unload EX Samples
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Safely Unload EX Samples Reply with quote

Problem, I want to remove and unload some of the EX samples to make rook for the EX Extras on the disk. Which EX samples can be safely unloaded that wont affect the other factory combis??

I know you cant combi a EX and HD together ..but which combi/prog banks numbers etc are EXs and which are HDs?
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this on a different thread, but it's related.

If you're willing to temporarily give up the Japanese Grand you can free up quite a bit of RAM. I only found it to be used in ONE combi: "A-064 Piano and Constant Voices" and you can easily change it to the German Grand.

----------------

Here's what I did to get all the EX3s3 Brass/Winds to load. These are more important to me than the Japanese Grand (love the German, don't think I'll be using the Yamaha) so I'm doing without it for now.

Went into GLOBAL->BASIC->SAMPLE MANAGE and unloaded all the samples from EXs7 and EXs3.

I then saved this in the user area on the SSD: DISK-> SAVE-> (pull-down menu) SAVE SAMPLING DATA.

Go back to GLOBAL->BASIC->KSC AUTO-LOAD and click on ADD KSC. Find the KSC you just saved in the user area to add it. Now make sure the Red AUTO-LOAD buttons are clicked for EXs3 Brass Woodwinds and your newly saved KSC. You will now have all EXs3 and everything that was previously loaded except for the Japanese Grand every time you start up.

Remember to load the extra Exs3 COMBI from disk. Some of that is EXCELLENT!!!

To find out how your User Banks are configured go to GLOBAL->BASIC->(pull down) SET PROGRAM USER BANK TYPE. All of the INT Banks are HD-1.

Busch.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, you can COMBI a HD and EX together.

Busch.
jroujinsky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my thread Brandon from Korg provided the following alternative:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62590
Quote:
The PRELOAD.KSC is set up to load by default from the factory for convenience. If you look in your FACTORY folder, under EXs_Extras, you should find KSC files for the EXs banks individually. You can turn off loading the PRELOAD.KSC file at boot-time in global mode, and load these in a modular fashion, as you desire

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon I will provide a list of all programs being used in a combi, something like:

program IA1: Being used in combis IB40, IC80, UA40, ...
program IA2: Being used in combis ...

(this is just random data).

It's not really showing the waveforms being used, maybe I could that as well. Depending on my time I will think of adding this. So you have either:

Waveform 0: Being used in programs IA10, IA20, ...
Waveform 1: ...

Or to combis
Waveform 0: Being used in combis IA50, IA60, ...

Would this be helpful?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
I posted this on a different thread, but it's related.

If you're willing to temporarily give up the Japanese Grand you can free up quite a bit of RAM. I only found it to be used in ONE combi: "A-064 Piano and Constant Voices" and you can easily change it to the German Grand.

----------------

Here's what I did to get all the EX3s3 Brass/Winds to load. These are more important to me than the Japanese Grand (love the German, don't think I'll be using the Yamaha) so I'm doing without it for now.

Went into GLOBAL->BASIC->SAMPLE MANAGE and unloaded all the samples from EXs7 and EXs3.

I then saved this in the user area on the SSD: DISK-> SAVE-> (pull-down menu) SAVE SAMPLING DATA.

Go back to GLOBAL->BASIC->KSC AUTO-LOAD and click on ADD KSC. Find the KSC you just saved in the user area to add it. Now make sure the Red AUTO-LOAD buttons are clicked for EXs3 Brass Woodwinds and your newly saved KSC. You will now have all EXs3 and everything that was previously loaded except for the Japanese Grand every time you start up.

Remember to load the extra Exs3 COMBI from disk. Some of that is EXCELLENT!!!

To find out how your User Banks are configured go to GLOBAL->BASIC->(pull down) SET PROGRAM USER BANK TYPE. All of the INT Banks are HD-1.

Busch.

Thanks Busch as the Jap Grand is a no brainer as there are plenty of Pianos on this.. How did you see that only 1 combi was being used for Jap Grand??

I printed that out and will see what happens.. Also I wonder what others can be safely removed without bothering the combis too much?

Yes michelkeijzers that would be very helpful to me and maybe other but looks very time consuming??
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little numbered color block at the top of the TIMBRE channel is normally blue. If it's missing the EXs samples it's RED and the message "Samples Not Loaded" is displayed at the top. I went through the COMBIs and only found that one.

Yes, I the printout of the COMBI detail would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Busch.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
The little numbered color block at the top of the TIMBRE channel is normally blue. If it's missing the EXs samples it's RED and the message "Samples Not Loaded" is displayed at the top. I went through the COMBIs and only found that one.

Yes, I the printout of the COMBI detail would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Busch.

Thats why my message "Samples not loaded" was at the top of my screen then.

So if you unload the Jap Grand and load something different does the new programs auto find the correct category and put the newly loaded sounds at the last of the category list or somewhere different...

All this load and unload is confusing as I want to change whats loaded without screwing up the current combis.. or searching through all the combis to see what has changed by doing so. My damn "Exit" button has already been pushed about a million tim,es already.. Why they cant put a category button on the keyboard like the Motif is beyond me.. or an assignable button like the Oasys had.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busch after doing so the Jap Pianos are still there.. at least the names etc but no sounds. So the names still remain there?? I had the red check in the box, but the EX3 didnt load automatically on reboot as I had to manualy load them from SSD?? Will I have to do that everytime I reboot?? .
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine auto-loads just fine. Have you tried DO AUTO LOAD NOW in the GLOBAL Section?

Busch.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the following post I have a cross reference list of what programs are used by what combis.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62656

It's a long list and I don't want to 'spoil' this thread by that list.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busch, I see the Do Auto Load now.. works fine...

michelkeijzers Nice list Phew.. Do you have a cross reference to Prog or combi name to number? Might be in the parameter guide?
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:

michelkeijzers Nice list Phew.. Do you have a cross reference to Prog or combi name to number? Might be in the parameter guide?

See the Voice Name List ("VNL").

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
sparkie wrote:

- Dan

I think what Sparkie means is an alphabetical list of all programs and/or combis to their number. Something like (just random text/data):

Acoustic Bass Cmb I-C20
Acoustic Piano Prg I-A64
Zombie Sound Cmb U-C30
Zulu Shaker Prg U-A30

I can quite easily add this to the application and I will (in a separate thread) add the outputted list(s) for the DEFAULT.PCG for programs/combis in a separate thread.

@DanAtKorg: do you know if it is possible to receive a complete list of the PCG structure or is this more or less proprietary to Korg? Currently somebody helps me with PCGs where one parameter is changed to check where I can locate certain information but this is quite a lot of work (for both him to change/make PCGs and for me to diff all the hext data). You would make a lot of 3th party programmers happy with it (and I think free software tools for the Korg synths are never a bad thing).

sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
sparkie wrote:

- Dan

I think what Sparkie means is an alphabetical list of all programs and/or combis to their number. Something like (just random text/data):

Acoustic Bass Cmb I-C20
Acoustic Piano Prg I-A64
Zombie Sound Cmb U-C30
Zulu Shaker Prg U-A30

I can quite easily add this to the application and I will (in a separate thread) add the outputted list(s) for the DEFAULT.PCG for programs/combis in a separate thread.

@DanAtKorg: do you know if it is possible to receive a complete list of the PCG structure or is this more or less proprietary to Korg? Currently somebody helps me with PCGs where one parameter is changed to check where I can locate certain information but this is quite a lot of work (for both him to change/make PCGs and for me to diff all the hext data). You would make a lot of 3th party programmers happy with it (and I think free software tools for the Korg synths are never a bad thing).

Yes thats it!! Alphabetical and as simple to cross reference as possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: